Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
generic response from Premier League re my email following Man U 16:48 - Apr 13 with 1792 viewsqprcanadabc

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your email.

As you may be aware we receive numerous queries referring to individual referee's decisions and indeed in relation to their overall performance. We are not able to comment on specific incidents such as those you raise, partly because it is only the referee who can answer questions about particular decisions and also because of the high level of correspondence we receive. We understand that it can be perplexing when there appear to be inconsistencies amongst the officials’ decisions. Each official will have his own interpretation of an incident of course, and no two incidents are ever identical. Even where fouls look similar, the speed of the players may be different, and the referee may be in a different position with a very different viewing angle. However Professional Game Match Officials, (PGMO) the body which employs all the referees, works hard to try and ensure a consistent approach where possible.

We report back regularly to Professional Games Match Officials, the body which employs all the referees, to ensure that they are fully aware of all the feedback we receive. The performances of the Select Group Referees are reviewed with each referee in detail in a number of different ways, with a view to improving their performance from week to week. Contrary to popular opinion, referees are under intense scrutiny from within the game and are appropriately criticised if it is felt that an incorrect decision has been made.

The referee’s technical performance in a match is assessed by the Independent Assessor, and their overall handling of the match is reported on by an Independent Match Delegate, who is often a former player, manager or coach. These reports focus on the referee’s control of the match, the way that he deals with key incidents as well as the way he communicates his decisions. These reports are shared with the referees on both a formal and informal basis.

Whilst I cannot comment on the individual incidents you refer to, I hope the above helps to clarify how we are constantly trying to improve and maintain standards of refereeing. We work hard to maintain high standards of behaviour from across the game. Referees are regularly reminded of the importance of exemplary conduct.

The Premier League is a crucial part of the association of interests that make up the FA, and we have a duty to constructively engage and support with the processes already underway aimed at creating an organisation that can represent the best of English football, at every level.

We will keep striving to the best we can possibly be in every area, because what we have achieved so far is something that English football should be proud of, but we recognise that there is more to be done.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate every email that reaches us, and understand the passion which you feel for the game and the future of football.

Kind regards,

Supporter Services
generic response from Premier League re my email following Man U on 16:55 - Apr 13 with 1775 viewsLeedsR

In a word "no".

At least its more than the one line email Derry got as an explanation.
generic response from Premier League re my email following Man U on 17:01 - Apr 13 with 1754 viewsCheshireR

I have received the same today.

This response does not mention the farcical review process, which was my major gripe.

The final paragraph should actually read "Your email has wasted both your time and ours. Don't bother contacting us again. We are far too busy riding this football gravy train to care about our lunatic processes - but please keep supporting your team and paying for the privilege of having us ru(i)n the game."
generic response from Premier League re my email following Man U on 17:03 - Apr 13 with 1750 viewsRedbourneR

I got the exact same email in reply when I wrote to complain about Stuart Atwell's fatuous attempts to referee a game at HQ back in 2009.

Useless bunch.
generic response from Premier League re my email following Man U on 17:15 - Apr 13 with 1719 viewseastside_r

'We are not able to comment on specific incidents such as those you raise, partly because it is only the referee who can answer questions about particular decisions'

And guess what - FA regulations stipulate that referees are not allowed to comment on these incidents.

They might as well as just given you a two word response, the second being 'off'.
generic response from Premier League re my email following Man U on 17:17 - Apr 13 with 1709 viewsQPR1506

It must me a pre written letter with the only change being the name who it's directed at!!

In Redknapp We Trust !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024