Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ross Draper 13:05 - May 27 with 2995 viewsleedsdale

Although the main article on the Observer website talks about us being in for Winnard from Accy, it also mentions that Ross Draper from Macc is a potential signing. Looks like he is one of the few under contract there, can't say as I know too much about him or have seen him play.
Ross Draper on 13:22 - May 27 with 2959 viewsolympicdale

saw that too, so we're lookin at going back up with the Macc forward line, an chesterfield can sign Marc Richards, surely we need to be looking at better.

Life is a game of fate.

Ross Draper on 14:48 - May 27 with 2864 viewsBanned4ever

Ross Draper on 13:22 - May 27 by olympicdale

saw that too, so we're lookin at going back up with the Macc forward line, an chesterfield can sign Marc Richards, surely we need to be looking at better.

Not being funny but think a lot of you put trust in no mark coleman .Dont understand why you do.
Ross Draper on 16:30 - May 27 with 2748 viewsLocal_team

Ross Draper on 13:22 - May 27 by olympicdale

Huge difference in spending power based on them having an average gate of 7,000 plus all non matchday revenues from a new ground / revenue generating commercial organisation.

Our gates are mid league 2 level at best. Therefore without a significantly better manager than other teams on average that is where we will end up until a step change in ambition / commercial functionality is achieved.

But yes we need to do better than Macc strikers
Ross Draper on 16:32 - May 27 with 2745 viewspl56

Ross Draper on 14:48 - May 27 by Banned4ever

Not being funny but think a lot of you put trust in no mark coleman .Dont understand why you do.

Don't forget that Keith Hill was never afraid to go for affordable options from the lower reaches of Div 2 free transfers - Wiseman , Done , JLAA , Widdowson etc , and I reckon both Winnard and Draper have amassed more league experience than those . If they're young and committed with at least some pedigree I'm happy to give them a chance and accept JC's footballing judgement ; the only rumour that does cause me worry is the one re McIntyre which reminds me of Graham Barrow going back to former clubs for ageing favourites !

I think we have to accept we won't be able to challenge the likes of Chesterfield financially , so reverting to the Hill strategy of unearthing younger talent from the lower reaches seems logical and sound to me .
Ross Draper on 22:35 - May 27 with 2430 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Ross Draper on 16:32 - May 27 by pl56

Don't forget that Keith Hill was never afraid to go for affordable options from the lower reaches of Div 2 free transfers - Wiseman , Done , JLAA , Widdowson etc , and I reckon both Winnard and Draper have amassed more league experience than those . If they're young and committed with at least some pedigree I'm happy to give them a chance and accept JC's footballing judgement ; the only rumour that does cause me worry is the one re McIntyre which reminds me of Graham Barrow going back to former clubs for ageing favourites !

I think we have to accept we won't be able to challenge the likes of Chesterfield financially , so reverting to the Hill strategy of unearthing younger talent from the lower reaches seems logical and sound to me .

Ian Craney is another worry........Crocked Crainey of Accy.

Surely looking around there are much much better players available and affordable.
Ross Draper (n/t) on 02:43 - May 28 with 2326 viewsKnowlesy

5 goals in 38 league games for Hednesford.. one in 29 the other year for Macc. (According to football manager......)

Dubious.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Ross Draper on 10:37 - May 28 with 2162 viewsDale1940

Hes an attacking midfielder, who has scored 10 goals in 97 games for Macc, on the plus side he is 6ft 5in.
Ross Draper on 17:44 - May 28 with 1954 viewsColDale

Macc fans think highly of him

http://www.thesilkweb.co.uk/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=141

Not a bad finish that
Login to get fewer ads

Ross Draper on 19:13 - May 28 with 1870 viewsAtThePeake

Doing my previews for League 2 games this year I noticed he was injured quite a lot, but when I asked Macc fans who they felt their key players were, Draper was mentioned quite often.

And he's a midfielder, not a striker.

Tangled up in blue.

Ross Draper on 19:14 - May 28 with 1863 viewsShun

Ross Draper on 17:44 - May 28 by ColDale

Macc fans think highly of him

http://www.thesilkweb.co.uk/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=141

Not a bad finish that

Those comments excite me.
Ross Draper on 19:29 - May 28 with 1831 viewsRalphs12

Sounds good to me. There might well be 'better' sounding players out there but if its who Coleman wants I'd much rather have that than see pages of "grimes/adams doesnt give a fook for this club" again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024