Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's turning out for the Torch? 23:56 - Jun 10 with 1260 viewsroccydaleian

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10441~2807772,00.html
Who's turning out for the Torch? on 09:35 - Jun 11 with 1160 viewselectricblue

Nope not interested in the slightest....
Got wimbledon coming on tv soon and they way BBC give it coverage on the two main channels really whines me up.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Who's turning out for the Torch? on 11:06 - Jun 11 with 1107 viewsjohnofheywood

Just can't feel interested in the Torch. It's coming past the end of our street in Heywood, and I don't think I'll bother. Having said that, it's nice to see the centre of Heywood decked out in Union Flags without the normal suspects trying to get them removed as 'racist'!! It's London's games, and we are getting the crumbs (oh, and the ever increasing bill!). For those of you that are into the Olympics, hope you enjoy,. For me, they are tending to overshadow proper coverage of the Euro's!!!
Who's turning out for the Torch? on 11:13 - Jun 11 with 1099 viewswindowsbug

Torches, we don't need no stinking torches.
Who's turning out for the Torch? on 12:05 - Jun 11 with 1072 viewsThe_DJ

Why would a Torch make you use the toilet ?
Who's turning out for the Torch? on 12:19 - Jun 11 with 1048 viewsolympicdale

I cant share the views of the 'older' folk on here bout the torch, ill be seeing it go past my way, it might be londons games, but seeing the olympic torch is a once in a lifetime opportunity, no matter how you feel about the games.

Life is a game of fate.

Who's turning out for the Torch? on 12:23 - Jun 11 with 1041 viewsD_Alien

Who's turning out for the Torch? on 12:19 - Jun 11 by olympicdale

I cant share the views of the 'older' folk on here bout the torch, ill be seeing it go past my way, it might be londons games, but seeing the olympic torch is a once in a lifetime opportunity, no matter how you feel about the games.

Maybe we've had more "old flames" ?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Who's turning out for the Torch? on 12:25 - Jun 11 with 1038 viewsSuddenLad

Who's turning out for the Torch? on 12:19 - Jun 11 by olympicdale

The 'younger generation' will still be paying the bill in decades to come.

Montreal hosted the Olympics in 1976 and there is still a levy on local taxes to pay off the debt.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Who's turning out for the Torch? on 12:36 - Jun 11 with 1018 viewsDale_Iain

I'll be out for it. I love the Olympics, what's not to love about having sport on tv all day every day for a few weeks? Not exactly 'excited' about the torch, but it is quite a big deal in my mind and it'll never be in Rochdale again. Unless someone nicks it.
Login to get fewer ads

Who's turning out for the Torch? on 12:39 - Jun 11 with 1013 viewsolympicdale

Who's turning out for the Torch? on 12:23 - Jun 11 by D_Alien

Maybe we've had more "old flames" ?

not burnt out i hope..

suddenlad: not always about the financial side, its historic to have the olympic torch in our fair town, its something to be appreciated that the eyes of the world will be focused on us for that time, god hope doesnt go anywhere near drake st though.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Who's turning out for the Torch? on 12:57 - Jun 11 with 981 viewsrochedale

Does anybody know whether the torch will be making its way into L'boro?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Who's turning out for the Torch? on 13:45 - Jun 11 with 945 viewsBanned4ever

I will be lining the streets of heywood think there be a carnival atmosphere .

Like a couple has said its a once in a lifetime experience.
Who's turning out for the Torch? on 13:51 - Jun 11 with 939 viewsScunnydale

Not interested at all. The torch is passing pretty close to me, and the company I work for has encouraged people to go to see it.

I just don't see the point. Some no-mark holding a giant, flaming Toblerone as a symbol of something I have knack-all interest in?

I won't be watching much of the coverage either, if I can help it. What worries me is the extreme coverage BBC are devoting to the London sports day.

That said, I'll still watch snippets of it, I always do - it'd seem especially churlish to refuse to watch it just because it's in London.
Who's turning out for the Torch? on 14:28 - Jun 11 with 914 viewsFrog

It's not a once in a lifetime event to see the torch, there will be another one in 4 years time and again and again.............
Who's turning out for the Torch? on 14:35 - Jun 11 with 910 viewsjudd

Who's turning out for the Torch? on 12:57 - Jun 11 by rochedale

Does anybody know whether the torch will be making its way into L'boro?

Not on 23rd June. Down Edenfield Road, Sandy Lane, Bury Road, onto Esplanade, along Manchester Road, Bolton Road and then Heywood.Don't know if there are any plans for it to come back into the area.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Who's turning out for the Torch? on 20:05 - Jun 11 with 839 viewsrochedale

Who's turning out for the Torch? on 14:35 - Jun 11 by judd

Not on 23rd June. Down Edenfield Road, Sandy Lane, Bury Road, onto Esplanade, along Manchester Road, Bolton Road and then Heywood.Don't know if there are any plans for it to come back into the area.

Thanks for that.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Who's turning out for the Torch? on 20:54 - Jun 11 with 809 viewsSalwaDale

Saw it go though Wigan and would have been gutted to miss it. Having the Olymmpics in this country is a very big deal for me,

TBBT

Who's turning out for the Torch? on 22:21 - Jun 11 with 777 viewsdalenumber2

Some of you are right miserable sods! I shall be turning out to see in and will be positioned on Sandy Lane, it is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see the Olympic torch in Rochdale and I will want my kids to see it too.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024