Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ireland v Spain 08:27 - Jun 12 with 2032 viewswalshy15a

Q;Should Ireland play with LONG COX up front against Spain? Discuss
Ireland v Spain on 08:56 - Jun 12 with 2017 viewsMonahoop

Think they should just come home after their miserable showing against Croatia.

Seriously, they need different options in attack and they are limited in producing quality strikers. Trapatonni is a one dimensional merchant and sets his teams up defensively. Difficult to beat, but atrocious to watch. In all his time at Eire he has relied on the long past his best Keane for attacking inspiration and as we saw on Sunday he was poor and has become the proverbial ageing whinger. Long is not a bad option to have if he has the service of others. Cox I'm not sure about. Spent what time he had on the field the other night crashing into opposition players and not knowing where to be. In time he may settle down. Doyle looks unfit and is a shadow of what he can be.

I don't expect much different against Spain. They will defend like hell and hope for the odd lucky break that might come their way. They simply cannot afford to adopt to an attacking formation [ not that they will ] as it will expose their ageing and vulnerable defence to Spain's vastly superior attack.

They will do their utmost to frustrate the Spanish. Just hope they don't get battered.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Ireland v Spain on 09:19 - Jun 12 with 2001 viewsAmancalledhorse

Ireland v Spain on 08:56 - Jun 12 by Monahoop

Think they should just come home after their miserable showing against Croatia.

Seriously, they need different options in attack and they are limited in producing quality strikers. Trapatonni is a one dimensional merchant and sets his teams up defensively. Difficult to beat, but atrocious to watch. In all his time at Eire he has relied on the long past his best Keane for attacking inspiration and as we saw on Sunday he was poor and has become the proverbial ageing whinger. Long is not a bad option to have if he has the service of others. Cox I'm not sure about. Spent what time he had on the field the other night crashing into opposition players and not knowing where to be. In time he may settle down. Doyle looks unfit and is a shadow of what he can be.

I don't expect much different against Spain. They will defend like hell and hope for the odd lucky break that might come their way. They simply cannot afford to adopt to an attacking formation [ not that they will ] as it will expose their ageing and vulnerable defence to Spain's vastly superior attack.

They will do their utmost to frustrate the Spanish. Just hope they don't get battered.

I think McClean should start! Might offer us something energetic in attack. I also think Long alongside Doyle up front!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Ireland v Spain on 09:32 - Jun 12 with 1980 viewskingsburyR

I also think alot have missed the point of the question!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Ireland v Spain on 09:34 - Jun 12 with 1976 viewsRangersw12

Lets hope the Spanish embarrass the Irish
Ireland v Spain on 09:37 - Jun 12 with 1972 viewsAmancalledhorse

Ireland v Spain on 09:32 - Jun 12 by kingsburyR

Maybe big balls would be more appropriate! Might that be the point?
Ireland v Spain on 09:59 - Jun 12 with 1953 viewsJonDoeman

Ireland v Spain on 09:19 - Jun 12 by Amancalledhorse

I think McClean should start! Might offer us something energetic in attack. I also think Long alongside Doyle up front!

Yeah amazed he didn't start, need him to service Long Cox.

It Is What It Is !!

Ireland v Spain on 10:00 - Jun 12 with 1949 viewsAmancalledhorse

Ireland v Spain on 09:59 - Jun 12 by JonDoeman

Yeah amazed he didn't start, need him to service Long Cox.

Could do the job as he can be fairly slippery!
Ireland v Spain on 11:41 - Jun 12 with 1918 viewspomanjou

Ireland v Spain on 10:00 - Jun 12 by Amancalledhorse

Could do the job as he can be fairly slippery!

And so are the Dagos. Ireland 0 Spain 5.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Login to get fewer ads

Ireland v Spain on 12:22 - Jun 12 with 1904 viewsLOFT67

Ireland v Spain on 09:32 - Jun 12 by kingsburyR

Loft67

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024