Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chat with a stranger at the DGH Eastbourne today. 19:57 - Jun 27 with 2915 viewstommyg01

Whilst sitting waiting for my wife to return to her seat (after having her blood tests) in the waiting room in the DGH, Eastbourne today, an old boy wandered over and sat in her seat. After a few minutes he started talking to me about the NHS etc and finally got to why he was in the hospital today. He was meant to be seeing a consultant to discuss having a nose operation, which he felt was unnecessary as he knew he only had bad sinus problems.

Then we got to the interesting bit (what do you mean, thank god for that!!). When his GP had asked him how long he had these sinus problems he said "around 25 years doc" and what do you think caused this to start then? the GP asked. "I know exactly when it started doc" he said, "when I went up for the corner and I got a wack on the nose from the Queens Park Rangers defender". That's when I stopped nodding and only half listening and said "who did you play for then?" It turns out he was playing for Dulwich Hamlets fc against us at Loftus rd in a cup game. Unfortunately the wife re-appeared then and he got called, so that was the end of the conversation.

When I got home and tried to find out more about this fixture, I could find no mention of it. I suppose it's a tale he tell's every stranger. What a shame.

Tom

Chat with a stranger at the DGH Eastbourne today. on 20:28 - Jun 27 with 2823 viewshoopstilidie

To the best of my knowledge we have never played Dulwich Hamlet

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Chat with a stranger at the DGH Eastbourne today. on 20:34 - Jun 27 with 2803 viewsloftboy

Unless it was a county cup or one of those reserve team cups and it was one of them who did it.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Chat with a stranger at the DGH Eastbourne today. on 20:47 - Jun 27 with 2741 viewsthame_hoops

Maybe he was a ghost?
Chat with a stranger at the DGH Eastbourne today. on 21:13 - Jun 27 with 2679 viewsPlumsteadQPR

London Challenge Cup

1949/50: QPR 2 Dulwich Hamlet 1

London Minor Cup

1958/59: QPR 2 Dulwich Hamlet 0

Juniors Cup (Youth Team)

1987/88: QPR 6 Dulwich Hamlet 0

How old did you say he was?
Chat with a stranger at the DGH Eastbourne today. on 21:26 - Jun 27 with 2645 viewseghamranger

He said 25 years,so 1987 could be right!
Chat with a stranger at the DGH Eastbourne today. on 21:27 - Jun 27 with 2638 viewshoopstilidie

Chat with a stranger at the DGH Eastbourne today. on 21:26 - Jun 27 by eghamranger

He said 25 years,so 1987 could be right!

But youth team? Wouldn't particularly make him an "old boy".

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Chat with a stranger at the DGH Eastbourne today. on 21:30 - Jun 27 with 2628 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Chat with a stranger at the DGH Eastbourne today. on 21:27 - Jun 27 by hoopstilidie

But youth team? Wouldn't particularly make him an "old boy".

That's what I was thinking...
Chat with a stranger at the DGH Eastbourne today. on 21:31 - Jun 27 with 2624 viewseghamranger

didnt see that.Alsheimers maybe!
Login to get fewer ads

Chat with a stranger at the DGH Eastbourne today. on 22:04 - Jun 27 with 2548 viewstommyg01

Well done PlumsteadQPR.

London Challenge Cup

This must be the game he was talking about then, so he must be in his mid 80's at least. I forgot to say I asked him the score, hoping we didn't lose and he said it was a close game and we won 2-1.

I'm glad he hadn't made it all up. Thanks guys.

Tom
Chat with a stranger at the DGH Eastbourne today. on 22:13 - Jun 27 with 2527 viewstommyg01

He also has a better memory of the score than the year!!!

Tom

Chat with a stranger at the DGH Eastbourne today. on 13:05 - Jun 28 with 2239 viewscheeseydane

Chat with a stranger at the DGH Eastbourne today. on 22:04 - Jun 27 by tommyg01

Well done PlumsteadQPR.

London Challenge Cup

This must be the game he was talking about then, so he must be in his mid 80's at least. I forgot to say I asked him the score, hoping we didn't lose and he said it was a close game and we won 2-1.

I'm glad he hadn't made it all up. Thanks guys.

Tom

That means its taken him 62 years to get his sinus problem sorted!

Jeez, i didnt realise the waiting time on the NH lists were that bad.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024