Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone for Tennis. 22:31 - Jul 6 with 3144 viewsroccydaleian

Does anyone else like me, hope that, that miserable, sulking git, gets hammered by Federer on Sunday? Or do you want the Jock to win?

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Anyone for Tennis. on 21:51 - Jul 7 with 1015 viewsolympicdale

Anyone for Tennis. on 21:46 - Jul 7 by phomem

In Olympic year I reckon he'll be outdone by a diver, cyclist or drugs cheat

so Ronaldo/Drogba are at the olympics eh.

Life is a game of fate.

Anyone for Tennis. on 23:07 - Jul 7 with 990 viewsmandale

Anyone for Tennis. on 11:00 - Jul 7 by SuddenLad

I hope Murray wins. Why ?

(1) He's British (2) he has earned the opportunity to win by reaching the final

So he prefers Scotland to England. It is his country of birth after all. Good on him for supporting his own nation.

Well said

I heard John Lloyd on 5live criticIse Lendl for 'not taking his sunglasses off and supporting his man in victory'.

That's exactly why we haven't produced winners. The job isn't done. He's there to win. There is nothing to celebrate.

It's not a beauty contest. Lendl was a miserable git too. But give me a miserable git who wins any day over the smiley, ineffectual Tim. What really pi$$es me off is watching a semi for 4 hours and the British player losing because of lack of bottle - and then celebrating with the crowd.

I liked his post-match answer to 'how hard do you think it was for your mum and dad watching?' Why should he care? It's tough enough without thinking about how your parents, girlfriend and dogs are feeling. If he did that, he'd lose - in fact he's done that in the past and Lendl has made him focus like a Champion and not as a nearly man - which Lendl was himself for his first four finals.

I wish more sportsmen would treat stupid questions 30 seconds after coming off court with the disdain they deserve.
Anyone for Tennis. on 10:24 - Jul 8 with 957 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Anyone for Tennis. on 23:07 - Jul 7 by mandale

Well said

I heard John Lloyd on 5live criticIse Lendl for 'not taking his sunglasses off and supporting his man in victory'.

That's exactly why we haven't produced winners. The job isn't done. He's there to win. There is nothing to celebrate.

It's not a beauty contest. Lendl was a miserable git too. But give me a miserable git who wins any day over the smiley, ineffectual Tim. What really pi$$es me off is watching a semi for 4 hours and the British player losing because of lack of bottle - and then celebrating with the crowd.

I liked his post-match answer to 'how hard do you think it was for your mum and dad watching?' Why should he care? It's tough enough without thinking about how your parents, girlfriend and dogs are feeling. If he did that, he'd lose - in fact he's done that in the past and Lendl has made him focus like a Champion and not as a nearly man - which Lendl was himself for his first four finals.

I wish more sportsmen would treat stupid questions 30 seconds after coming off court with the disdain they deserve.

I doubt he gives a toss who wants and does not want him to win - he is loaded, has a stunner of a bird and could retire tomorrow and live the life of riley.

Personally I hope he loses 3 - 2 having lost 63 championship points on his own serve and that someone throws a Paraguay shirt at him at the end.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Anyone for Tennis. on 11:39 - Jul 8 with 931 viewsColDale

I don't know why anyone gets so precious over the Paraguay thing. I could never trust any Scotsman who came out and said that they wanted England to do well. Murray is that rare thing these days - he's a sportsman who is 100% genuine. These days, they are surrounded by so many PR people, and everything they say is rehearsed and evaluated, and completely bland as a result.
Anyone for Tennis. on 15:48 - Jul 8 with 880 viewsFondles

Come on tim, this tennis sh*t is good for afternoon napping
Anyone for Tennis. on 16:05 - Jul 8 with 865 viewsphomem

Federer is a machine
Anyone for Tennis. on 16:16 - Jul 8 with 851 viewsSuddenLad

Anyone for Tennis. on 16:05 - Jul 8 by phomem

Federer is a machine

He's not, he's Swiss.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Anyone for Tennis. on 16:20 - Jul 8 with 846 viewsTomRAFC

andy murray is a tennis player not a public speaker

it is the distinct lack on any other decent british players that results in anyone giving even the faintest jeb about whether andy smiled or did or did not do a little dance etc

the lad has had to play under rediculous amount of criticism because number 4 in the world simply is not good enough then when he doesn't revel in his success (which isn't good enough by everyone elses standards) he is deemed moody

leave the poor sod be to spend his time playing wooly balls and collecting rediculous cheques

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone for Tennis. on 17:51 - Jul 8 with 799 viewsmightydale

Anyone for Tennis. on 16:20 - Jul 8 by TomRAFC

andy murray is a tennis player not a public speaker

it is the distinct lack on any other decent british players that results in anyone giving even the faintest jeb about whether andy smiled or did or did not do a little dance etc

the lad has had to play under rediculous amount of criticism because number 4 in the world simply is not good enough then when he doesn't revel in his success (which isn't good enough by everyone elses standards) he is deemed moody

leave the poor sod be to spend his time playing wooly balls and collecting rediculous cheques

fcuk murray the jock

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Anyone for Tennis. on 18:21 - Jul 8 with 775 viewsFondles

Now that craps finished its time for vh1 top 100 power ballads.

This is better
Anyone for Tennis. on 18:24 - Jul 8 with 773 viewsPerthDale

Just for the record...

Murray has never owned a Paraguay shirt, has never worn a Paraguay shirt and has never claimed that he has.

And I doubt very much that he is anti-English, having English family, an English girlfriend, living in England...

All that ever happened was that, as a young tennis player being interviewed he was joking with his interviewer. The guy asked him whether would be supporting Scotland in a forthcoming tournament, knowing full well they hadn't qualified, and sniggered. Murray simply replied he'd be supporting ABE, as many young Scots would - as a wind-up! What was a light-hearted conversation wasn't treated as such by the journalist, and Murray was tarred as some sort Anglophobe. One lesson he learned from that was to be very careful with journalists.
Anyone for Tennis. on 18:26 - Jul 8 with 769 viewsphomem

See he has got emotion

Is he going to be like Montgomerie the best player in his sport never to win a major/grand slam
Anyone for Tennis. on 18:37 - Jul 8 with 750 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Anyone for Tennis. on 18:26 - Jul 8 by phomem

See he has got emotion

Is he going to be like Montgomerie the best player in his sport never to win a major/grand slam

........always the bridesmaid,never the bride,

Big girl's Blouse!
Anyone for Tennis. on 18:43 - Jul 8 with 744 viewsolympicdale

Anyone for Tennis. on 16:16 - Jul 8 by SuddenLad

He's not, he's Swiss.

he was certainly on a Swiss roll.

Life is a game of fate.

Anyone for Tennis. on 18:48 - Jul 8 with 737 viewsolympicdale

Anyone for Tennis. on 18:26 - Jul 8 by phomem

See he has got emotion

was good to see him showing that emotion, felt a lil sorry for him at that moment.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024