Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Hulse says 08:35 - Oct 3 with 2660 viewshoopstar67

Just read something that says there were 5 or 6 players sent to train with the youth team including Tommy Smith and Heider,thats just so wrong to make Heider train with the youth team after the service he gave us and he was on our pre season tour, just does not make sense, i still think hughes is the right man but some of the decisions he has made are just plain wrong.
Rob Hulse says on 08:37 - Oct 3 with 2642 viewsade_qpr

Thought HH had a gig with a championship club?

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Rob Hulse says on 09:12 - Oct 3 with 2576 viewshoopstar67

Rob Hulse says on 08:37 - Oct 3 by ade_qpr

Thought HH had a gig with a championship club?

He does,he is with Cardiff but i presume this was before he joined Cardiff.
Rob Hulse says on 09:14 - Oct 3 with 2567 viewsCanadaRanger

Look on the other side of the equation - I bet the youth team learned a bit from HH!
Rob Hulse says on 09:16 - Oct 3 with 2558 viewsElHoop

I've no idea how training works, but if you've got about 12 new players and you are trying to knit them all together into an effective unit in not much time, then maybe you don't need to have another half dozen blokes joining in who won't be part of it at the end of the day.
Rob Hulse says on 09:21 - Oct 3 with 2537 viewshoopstar67

Rob Hulse says on 09:16 - Oct 3 by ElHoop

I've no idea how training works, but if you've got about 12 new players and you are trying to knit them all together into an effective unit in not much time, then maybe you don't need to have another half dozen blokes joining in who won't be part of it at the end of the day.

Yes i agree with that in part Heider did look like he was in Hughes's plans but the other point i would make is that these senior players would have had friends in the dressing room and it would have been quite devisive to make these players train with the youth team and Heider i would say was well thought of and respected, i don't know i just think it was wrong and bad man management.
Rob Hulse says on 09:45 - Oct 3 with 2455 viewsNorthernr

The Heidar bit is new, and I'm not convinced it's true considering he went on the Asian tour. Young, Smith, Campbell, Hulse etc were made to train at awkward times and on their own to try and encourage them to move on.
Rob Hulse says on 10:02 - Oct 3 with 2420 viewsdaveB

Maybe Helguson was doing some coaching with the kids, could be any number of reasons
Rob Hulse says on 10:03 - Oct 3 with 2416 viewsessextaxiboy

Rob Hulse says on 09:16 - Oct 3 by ElHoop

So you disrespect experienced pros whose only crime is to.not be quite good enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Rob Hulse says on 10:05 - Oct 3 with 2412 viewsessextaxiboy

Rob Hulse says on 09:45 - Oct 3 by Northernr

The Heidar bit is new, and I'm not convinced it's true considering he went on the Asian tour. Young, Smith, Campbell, Hulse etc were made to train at awkward times and on their own to try and encourage them to move on.

Any other job and they could sue for constructive dismissal.
Rob Hulse says on 10:15 - Oct 3 with 2373 viewsNorthernr

Rob Hulse says on 10:05 - Oct 3 by essextaxiboy

Any other job and they could sue for constructive dismissal.

Quite possibly. I don't understand why we've been so keen to get Young and Campbell out of the picture when they're not dreadful players and they want to play for the club. Additionally they play in positions hat we're now struggling with injuries in.

However, we've moaned about people like Vine sticking around for years contributing nothing while earning big money so we can't very well moan about the club trying to prevent that happening again can we?
Rob Hulse says on 10:21 - Oct 3 with 2353 viewsdaveB

Young is injured anyway at the moment, out till Christmas so he's not training with anyone
Rob Hulse says on 10:22 - Oct 3 with 2351 viewsessextaxiboy

Rob Hulse says on 10:15 - Oct 3 by Northernr

Quite possibly. I don't understand why we've been so keen to get Young and Campbell out of the picture when they're not dreadful players and they want to play for the club. Additionally they play in positions hat we're now struggling with injuries in.

However, we've moaned about people like Vine sticking around for years contributing nothing while earning big money so we can't very well moan about the club trying to prevent that happening again can we?

All of this stuf is going to be used as a stick to beat him with if he doesnt turn it around sharpish
Rob Hulse says on 10:47 - Oct 3 with 2303 viewsNorthernr

Rob Hulse says on 10:22 - Oct 3 by essextaxiboy

All of this stuf is going to be used as a stick to beat him with if he doesnt turn it around sharpish

Exactly right. If he's winning it's pats on the back all round for a hardline approach to freeloading players, if he's losing then he's splitting the dressing room and unfairly targeting people who could still do a job for us. Tis the nature of these things.
Rob Hulse says on 11:58 - Oct 3 with 2183 viewsnadera78

Rob Hulse says on 10:03 - Oct 3 by essextaxiboy

So you disrespect experienced pros whose only crime is to.not be quite good enough.

You cannot disrespect someone. You can, however, show disrespect.
Rob Hulse says on 12:02 - Oct 3 with 2171 viewsQPunkR

Rob Hulse says on 11:58 - Oct 3 by nadera78

You dissin' him??

QPR - "shit but local"

Rob Hulse says on 12:02 - Oct 3 with 2169 viewskropotkin41

Well I'm not even sure about the "not quite good enough" bit........ it seems to me that HH and TS were always prepared to come on and do a job for us. HH is as solid a pro as there is, and if Tommy came on you knew he'd always have a run at the defence and more than likely have a shot or two as well......... I don't think he lost the ball as often as some I could mention.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Rob Hulse says on 12:19 - Oct 3 with 2131 viewsElHoop

Rob Hulse says on 10:03 - Oct 3 by essextaxiboy

It's not that they're not good enough that might be the problem, it's the fact that it might not be so easy to integrate new players into the squad if you aren't working solely with the players that are going to be playing. Is that showing disrespect? If I'm leaving a job next month and the team of which I am part is discussing next year's strategy, would they want me in the meeting?
Rob Hulse says on 12:24 - Oct 3 with 2117 viewsessextaxiboy

Rob Hulse says on 11:58 - Oct 3 by nadera78

Thanks for pointing that out I, I was aware of that and normally pride myself on punctuation and grammar when posting.
My only excuse was that my car was undergoing its half yearly MOT test and I was posting whilst high up on the ramp carrying out instructions from the nominated tester of the day at the time .
Once again sincere apologies ............
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024