Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accrington's Ground is poor 10:48 - Oct 6 with 939 viewsrochdaleest1907

Shows you how far we've come when we can now look around at Spotland and feel some pride at the accommodation. For home fans and away. One bugbear is the loos tho. They're never clean, no paper, nothing to read and no hot water, you'd think in this day and age they'd sort it out. My mrs is distressed by having to use the loos at Spotland. It was still locked the other week. Anyway, on to today, we plan to eat and have a pint before the game. We've been int crown and the one at the bottom of Whaley Rd, anyone any other suggestions? Wetherspoons maybe?

AllHailTheDale

daveofthedale

Accrington's Ground is poor on 11:46 - Oct 6 with 885 viewsmaccawozzagod

Spotland and Rochdale FC are a great example of why just providing better facilities isn't the be all and end all of getting a crowd in. If I was Chairman of Stanley and spent the money to build us a "San Spotty" I'd be heartbroken to be still getting piss poor crowds in.
Accrington's Ground is poor on 11:51 - Oct 6 with 868 views442Dale

Accrington's Ground is poor on 11:46 - Oct 6 by maccawozzagod

Spotland and Rochdale FC are a great example of why just providing better facilities isn't the be all and end all of getting a crowd in. If I was Chairman of Stanley and spent the money to build us a "San Spotty" I'd be heartbroken to be still getting piss poor crowds in.

While I can see your point, the ground has been improved at Dale over a number of years and really hasn't seen any money spent on it to the detriment of the club.

The infrastructure has thus been there for when we were in L1 and playing in playoff semis where crowds were between 6-9k. Admittedly on a weekly basis it isn't needed right now, but a play-off semi v someone like Bradford and a subsequent L1 campaign is of no concern in terms of getting everyone in.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Accrington's Ground is poor on 12:01 - Oct 6 with 843 viewsolympicdale

Accrington's Ground is poor on 11:46 - Oct 6 by maccawozzagod

Rochdale were fortunate to be eligible for many football league grants to improve spotland around the time, and now its a very good standard l1 or even lower championship level. Coleman identified this aspect of Spotland, when he first came, stating Accrington stanley are still playing catch up in this respect trying to improve their ground. The Crown ground is a typical lower league ground and enough for Accy's needs, but surely needs to be updated in some respects.

Life is a game of fate.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024