Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry cannot apologise 16:04 - Oct 10 with 2310 viewssheppetonrs

To all those media folk calling for an apology, surely if he did that he would be admitting he is guilty. Therefore he'd be back in court all over again?? In terms of law, it's like someone being found not guilty of murder, then apologising afterwards for committing murder. Much smaller scale but same principle.
Terry cannot apologise on 16:38 - Oct 10 with 2262 viewsTonto

no necessarily. He can stick to his story and still say sorry

"even given the circumstances I realise I was stupid to repeat the words i first heard"

what is stopping him is the fact he is an arrogant ignorant piece of scum.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Terry cannot apologise on 16:47 - Oct 10 with 2239 viewsQPR1882

As Tonto has said he was found not guilty in a court of law to being a racist. He has admitted saying racist words and has been found guilty by the FA for using racist words. For using racist words, not for being a racist he could and should apologise.
Terry cannot apologise on 16:59 - Oct 10 with 2205 viewsWanderR

Possible, but unlikely to be serious enough to reconsider a retrial.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4406129.stm

"A Crown Prosecution Service spokeswoman said: "There has to be new evidence which was not available at the time of the original trial.

"Just because someone is reported to have confessed - in a book or a newspaper interview - does not necessarily mean that is evidence in a form we could use."

The reforms - which also allow hearsay evidence to be admissible in court - come under the new Criminal Justice act.

They apply to 30 serious crimes - including murder, rape, Class A drug offences and war crimes - but double jeopardy remains in force for lesser offences."
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Current location: OX10

Terry cannot apologise on 19:45 - Oct 10 with 2126 viewssheppetonrs

Terry cannot apologise on 16:38 - Oct 10 by Tonto

no necessarily. He can stick to his story and still say sorry

"even given the circumstances I realise I was stupid to repeat the words i first heard"

what is stopping him is the fact he is an arrogant ignorant piece of scum.

I hear what you're saying but even so fa have said he 'probably' said it as an insult, so for him to apologise for merely repeating it is worthless. The point is an apology of that sort won't wash as it is still denial. At least we agree he is an ignorant, arrogant piece of scum, who has finally had some sh1t stick!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024