Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Fernandes 01:08 - Nov 11 with 2325 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Come on people this guy has been open and honest with the fans and has put a huge investment and input into the club . Whilst I agree our preseason has been shoddy and our start to the season has been a disaster , I still think we should back this guy and trust his judgement as he believes he has the right guy doing the job that needs to be done . Last season he said all along have faith and we survived , this season he said we need to be patient and it will come good. Look I am not comfortable with the way things are going at the moment but let's face it Rome wasn't built in a day and the influx of too many players has made it difficult for us to be a settled team at the moment. BUT I back tf and I am glad he is still making his own decisions and not knee jerk reactions the qpr fans should back him and his decisions no matter what. If we do go down he is the perfect chairman to take us back up again so please rethink b4 u give him a hard time over Hughes .
Tony Fernandes on 01:27 - Nov 11 with 2002 viewsisawqpratwcity

I'm backing him because he and the Mittals have contributed millions to be where they are and I sincerely hope that will continue. His investment and the backing of the Mittals gives him the prerogative to call the big decisions. But it doesn't guarantee that he is right and it doesn't stop me from saying when I think he is wrong. His use of Twitter, etc, suggests that he values communication and feedback.

I supported him when he sacked Warnock because I was sure he was right. I want him to know that I think the best thing he can do for the club is to replace Hughes now.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Tony Fernandes on 01:54 - Nov 11 with 1980 viewsMelakaRanger

I too back Tony F. If he wants Hughes to stay then I will accept his decision although I may not necessarily agree with it.
Tony Fernandes on 08:47 - Nov 11 with 1903 viewsTGRRRSSS

Backing Fernandes as the Chairman/owner does not mean he's right on this isue and people have a right to say not, I honestly think the time has come where he has to look at the people he's employed at the club, if the squad is wrong and unbalanced (which it is) then this also hasd to be looked at, if players were brough in because of other factors then that is wrong too.
The squad isn't right, we haven't won a game and the money has in essence been wasted becuase of these failings and it'll cost someone alot of money if he keeps ploughing down the wrong path to destruction.
Tony Fernandes on 11:00 - Nov 11 with 1821 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Tony Fernandes on 01:54 - Nov 11 by MelakaRanger

I too back Tony F. If he wants Hughes to stay then I will accept his decision although I may not necessarily agree with it.

That,s the spirit Melaka . I think on t his occasion it should be his decision and not pressurised and bullied by fans into making it or otherwise he would end up thinking what if. I,m actually thinking that a managerial change at this moment in time won't do us much good anyway unless we get mourinho of course
Tony Fernandes on 11:22 - Nov 11 with 1773 viewsmygeneration

Tony Fernandes on 08:47 - Nov 11 by TGRRRSSS

Backing Fernandes as the Chairman/owner does not mean he's right on this isue and people have a right to say not, I honestly think the time has come where he has to look at the people he's employed at the club, if the squad is wrong and unbalanced (which it is) then this also hasd to be looked at, if players were brough in because of other factors then that is wrong too.
The squad isn't right, we haven't won a game and the money has in essence been wasted becuase of these failings and it'll cost someone alot of money if he keeps ploughing down the wrong path to destruction.

There is too much of a cult of personality around the way fans react to opportunist businessmen who invest in the club. We feel the need to create some idealised image of them as some kind of fatherly Godlike figure. We seem to think they are charitable donators inspired purely by love for QPR rather than hardnosed ruthless businessmen.

Given the hostility that Tony has faced from the Unions in Malaysia I think disgruntled qpr fans aren't going to give him sleepness nights.

Sending out a few Twitter messages does not replace creating a framework for genuine structured consultation with small shareholders (mostly QPR fans) and the supporters trust.

I personally think that Fernandes has been right not to be too quick to sack Hughes and to give him time. The problem for me is that far from making progress the squad seems to be getting worst! Hughes also seems to be increasingly punching in the dark in terms of working a way out of our current situation. The constant changes in the squad arent going to help it gel any quicker.

I think it is right that publically Fernandes continues to support Hughes but I would be amazed if behind closed doors he isn't already identifying who he could get to replace him if there is not a dramatically turn around by Xmas.

Tony Fernandes on 12:18 - Nov 11 with 1736 viewspomanjou

Tony Fernandes on 11:22 - Nov 11 by mygeneration

There is too much of a cult of personality around the way fans react to opportunist businessmen who invest in the club. We feel the need to create some idealised image of them as some kind of fatherly Godlike figure. We seem to think they are charitable donators inspired purely by love for QPR rather than hardnosed ruthless businessmen.

Given the hostility that Tony has faced from the Unions in Malaysia I think disgruntled qpr fans aren't going to give him sleepness nights.

Sending out a few Twitter messages does not replace creating a framework for genuine structured consultation with small shareholders (mostly QPR fans) and the supporters trust.

I personally think that Fernandes has been right not to be too quick to sack Hughes and to give him time. The problem for me is that far from making progress the squad seems to be getting worst! Hughes also seems to be increasingly punching in the dark in terms of working a way out of our current situation. The constant changes in the squad arent going to help it gel any quicker.

I think it is right that publically Fernandes continues to support Hughes but I would be amazed if behind closed doors he isn't already identifying who he could get to replace him if there is not a dramatically turn around by Xmas.

"if there is not a dramatically turn around by Xmas"

When it will be too late to avoid the drop.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Tony Fernandes on 12:20 - Nov 11 with 1730 viewsAGEREPC01

Tony Fernandes on 12:18 - Nov 11 by pomanjou

'Javier Hernandez says Man Utd's Villa comeback was down to belief
Javier Hernandez says Manchester United's incredible comeback against Aston Villa was inspired by manager Sir Alex Ferguson's unshakeable belief'

TF needs to be convinced the manager has the players hearts and minds.

stainrod81

Tony Fernandes on 12:32 - Nov 11 with 1714 viewscheeseydane

Im grateful for all that TF has done for the club, but i have a feeling his backing of the coaching team is more down to cost than faith. Plus there is the fact that MHs staff are here for club developement etc as well as the first team squad. I can appreciate what he is trying to do, but the whole tenure does kind of make MH unsackable.

Simply put, getting rid atm is not an option for him and thats wrong imo.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Login to get fewer ads

Tony Fernandes on 16:15 - Nov 11 with 1634 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Tony Fernandes on 12:18 - Nov 11 by pomanjou

As disappointing as it sounds I rather face the drop than lose tf as chairman at least we have a chance of getting str8 back up with him there. Why don't we try and back the chairman and be patient for a change
Tony Fernandes on 08:22 - Nov 12 with 1492 viewsisawqpratwcity

Jeez, when will you blokes get it into your heads that the current owners did not buy into a club that was bumping around the nether regions of the Championship or worse. The Mittals bought in when Tango and Cash convinced them that here was a London club odds-on for the Premier League. Fernandes only came in after promotion was confirmed.

What the f*ck makes you think that they will guarantee to back the club into the Championship, or worse? They are businessmen, and they will be looking at an entity whose costs are largely locked in by contract, but whose income would be dramatically reduced over time, even with parachute payments. That's a hell of a business model!

We must not get relegated and I cannot believe that there are people who will entertain this prospect in early November!

Tony Fernandes on 08:50 - Nov 12 with 1455 viewsbeeeater

Tony Fernandes on 08:22 - Nov 12 by isawqpratwcity

Jeez, when will you blokes get it into your heads that the current owners did not buy into a club that was bumping around the nether regions of the Championship or worse. The Mittals bought in when Tango and Cash convinced them that here was a London club odds-on for the Premier League. Fernandes only came in after promotion was confirmed.

What the f*ck makes you think that they will guarantee to back the club into the Championship, or worse? They are businessmen, and they will be looking at an entity whose costs are largely locked in by contract, but whose income would be dramatically reduced over time, even with parachute payments. That's a hell of a business model!

We must not get relegated and I cannot believe that there are people who will entertain this prospect in early November!

Good post and spot on. They are only here for business reasons. They don't care about the club like we do. And so far Fernandes has done a bad job. Warnock sacked too early. Hughes should never have been given the job and not sacked early enough. I fear who ever comes in now will be too late. And thats down to Fernandes mis management
Tony Fernandes on 09:08 - Nov 12 with 1429 viewsbosh67

I was listening to Trevor Brooking and the West Ham squad that went down in I think 2003 was every bit as good as what we have here now. Yet they did go down. Having very good players is one thing but a team is quite another, especially one that really does believe in what they are being coached to do.

West Ham went down because Glenn R was unable to get the team to play as one and then he was very ill, so Brooking had little chance to do much to keep them up.

Again that team had Sinclair, Defoe, Ferdinand, etc etc in it and should have been comfortably top half. TF needs to look at that example and have a really good think. He's a great guy but this is still a new field for him. We may be a far more professional club but if the team, the core product, isn't winning, then the brand will suffer.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tony Fernandes on 09:40 - Nov 12 with 1387 viewsdaveB

whilst I back Fernandes I do have big concerns about how invovled kia Joorabchian is at the club, we've signed a lot of his clients and he is a regular at games these days and is also the agent of the manager, no wonder we're not sacking Hughes if he is advising on things.
Tony Fernandes on 09:54 - Nov 12 with 1365 viewsadhoc_qpr

TF can do what he wants - but Hughes has us cut adrift in the bottom 3, no wins in 11, no away wins in a year, no back to back wins ever and no signs of consistent improvement.

Tony Fernandes on 09:56 - Nov 12 with 1362 viewsisawqpratwcity

Tony Fernandes on 08:50 - Nov 12 by beeeater

Good post and spot on. They are only here for business reasons. They don't care about the club like we do. And so far Fernandes has done a bad job. Warnock sacked too early. Hughes should never have been given the job and not sacked early enough. I fear who ever comes in now will be too late. And thats down to Fernandes mis management

Thanks for the support, but I think TF's timing on sacking Warnock was spot on. As for Hughes' appointment, I didn't have an opinion at the time, though towards the end of the season I was pretty jack of the bloke, but couldn't see anyone else improving things with only ten games left in the season.

It's the abysmal results, the clueless selections, the moronic game plans, most of all the almost total absence of any team ethic that makes me condemn him to be consigned to anywhere but here, WHILE WE"VE STILL GOT TIME TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!

I think that our chances of being relegated are already about even (yeh, and I'm the big gambling wowser), and every game that Hughes stays just makes it that bit harder for his replacement.

Tony Fernandes on 10:00 - Nov 12 with 1349 viewsTGRRRSSS

Tony Fernandes on 09:40 - Nov 12 by daveB

whilst I back Fernandes I do have big concerns about how invovled kia Joorabchian is at the club, we've signed a lot of his clients and he is a regular at games these days and is also the agent of the manager, no wonder we're not sacking Hughes if he is advising on things.

This here, I totally agree bit linke Venkys and Jerome Anderson - but more professional I guess.
Tony Fernandes on 10:06 - Nov 12 with 1345 viewsJamie

Tony Fernandes on 09:40 - Nov 12 by daveB

Said this 11 months ago to widespread abuse.
Tony Fernandes on 10:27 - Nov 12 with 1334 viewsdaveB

Tony Fernandes on 10:00 - Nov 12 by TGRRRSSS

This here, I totally agree bit linke Venkys and Jerome Anderson - but more professional I guess.

not sure it is any more professional really, Blackburn at least won a few games
Tony Fernandes on 16:03 - Nov 12 with 1245 viewsAGEREPC01

Tony Fernandes on 10:27 - Nov 12 by daveB

not sure it is any more professional really, Blackburn at least won a few games

TF is a a business man. But he loves this club and it shows.

BTW: In almost a year how has MH done?

stainrod81

Tony Fernandes on 16:27 - Nov 12 with 1207 viewsWeaverQPR

Im slightly miffed as to what TF is trying to do. When he come he said he wanted to build the club up from the bottom brick by brick. The transfer policy certainly doesnt reflect this.

@WeavQPR

Tony Fernandes on 17:30 - Nov 12 with 1173 viewswood_hoop

Tony Fernandes on 08:47 - Nov 11 by TGRRRSSS

Pretty much sums it up, TF could be facing a few 'demons' of his own if we don't get a win against Southampton.

Considering some of the chairmen we have had over the years he dosn't fall into the most stupid by a long way , but there must be serious doubts about some decisions he has made in regard Hughes, he took a risk like most chairman do when appointing a manager, but that faith is not looking quite like the sound investment he thought it was going to be.

Don't know TF personally so have no idea on how he really views our club, but doubt he has the same feeling after such a short time at the helm as many of our lifelong fans, he needs us to be successful to protect his investment, no more than me cheering on another team if they are in a five team accumulator and their the last one needed to win the bet.

TF is learning a hard lesson that success in other business does not transfer to the football world that easily, seems to me MH has well & truly feathered his nest
at what could be at a high cost to TF's bank balance and our club's misfortune.

Tony Fernandes on 18:11 - Nov 12 with 1134 viewsTHEBUSH

If I were TF, I'd make 100% sure the Mittals were with me and then batten down the hatches, with no more big money signings.
I'd give MH until the end of December and that's it, no more Mr Nice Guy.
I'd go for a proven coach, someone who knows how to organize a team.
Perhaps one of those Dutch coaches, don't mind if he's young or old.
If we get relegated, so be it, as long as we have the money men still with us.
Tony Fernandes on 18:35 - Nov 12 with 1112 viewscarrotcrunch_R

I believe tf is a person who will give someone a chance to prove thereselves b4 firing the bullet . Yes mh has got us in this dam mess and him only him is best equipped to get us out of it IMO . If he fails he will ruin his career so there is motivation for him don't you agree?
Tony Fernandes on 18:50 - Nov 12 with 1102 viewsTHEBUSH

Tony Fernandes on 18:35 - Nov 12 by carrotcrunch_R

I believe tf is a person who will give someone a chance to prove thereselves b4 firing the bullet . Yes mh has got us in this dam mess and him only him is best equipped to get us out of it IMO . If he fails he will ruin his career so there is motivation for him don't you agree?

The problem for me is, if we get relegated would MH be able to get us promotion straight away.
All the relegated teams last season have sacked their managers, that's the way it goes.
If MH can't turn us around by Christmas, I think he has to go, otherwise the fans will turn on him and the players BIG TIME.
Tony Fernandes on 19:24 - Nov 12 with 1067 viewsSomersetHoops

Nobody blames TF for the mess we are in, least of all me who thought Hughes was the right appointment. I fear though, Tony Fernandes is a man of honour and he has promised Mark Hughes a certain amount of time which was not conditional on our performance and he cannot break that promise. If Mark hughes was a man of similar honour, he would resign now as he has already broken his promise that we would not be fighting against relegation under his managership. As a result of his incompetance we certainly are now.

Who's Next?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024