Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everything we wanted... 20:34 - Nov 11 with 1334 viewsBeefCurtain

Thinking back to last year *shudders* and how badly our team under Eyre (and somewhat Beech) dealt with adversity, the thing that everyone seemed to want this year was a team that displayed some fighting spirit and work ethic.

Whilst I think a lot more people are now warming to the manager and the set of players we have, the discontent and feeling of unfamiliarity felt by fans has been well publicised on this board and indeed to the fans I've spoken to in real life.

That being said, it's now very clear that we have a team that battles for both each other and the fans for the whole 90 minutes, a very passionate (if somewhat a little stubborn) management team, drive and ambition to push for a play-off spot and of course a considerable amount of ability throughout the team.

On reflection, with the position we're in and the group of players we've acquired, I for one am very happy with how things are going and I'm getting that 'next match day' feeling back again. I think cautiously optimistic just about sums it up and as a Rochdale fan, that's about as good as it'll get for me because I'm an absolute jinx.

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

Everything we wanted... on 20:44 - Nov 11 with 1299 views442Dale

We need only look back to the summer when many hoped for a season of stability in mid-table or to be in that position by Christmas when a completely new team would hopefully have gelled. We're probably ahead of schedule, and although it's far from perfect, we have a team that is good enough for now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Everything we wanted... on 20:49 - Nov 11 with 1284 viewsmacro

Seeing the celebration photos via twitter of the winner shows how much the injury time goal meant and shows what a unit the team are
Everything we wanted... on 20:53 - Nov 11 with 1277 viewsHarry_Dale

I was thinking about this on the way home from work today. Personally, I have been in the same boat as most - still love the Dale, go when I can, but sensed a loss of 'buzz or spark'.

The highs of wins weren't as high, the lows of losing not as low. I, like most, couldn't put my finger on it, but there was something missing. I had a great chat with an Ipswich supporting mate of mine, and he said it's maybe because we've already achieved what we all wanted to achieve. The 'peak' isn't so elusive anymore? I don't know.

The trip to Morecambe, the Port Vale point, and the result yesterday has seen these shackles somewhat breaking. The buzz is slowly seeping back in. I can feel myself getting that excitement back. I'm so so excited for Tuesday night and I'll be there 100% behind the lads, and the club.

I think we're in for a good season! (like stats are showing, it can't be as bad as last!!)

Up The Dale!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024