Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mbia 22:20 - Nov 27 with 1626 viewssdm1508

He is now looking the real deal. Tonight showed that he is a defensive midfielder. He is a street wise Diakite. At the moment Diaktie is a liability. He seems to have no self control or the ability to think to himself that he needs to calm down. I understand Harry's decision to play Mbia and Diakite together. Pace and power with some ball playing skill in the middle. Saying that though if Diakite cannot play with his head should Faurlin come in? Might give us more creativity and therefore attacking threat. My only concern is that Faurlin is quite slow and we have seen that he can be brushed aside. Would playing him put to much pressure on Mbia to get around midfield breaking up play?

Or as I said in another post put Granero in the middle with Mbia, have Adel off Cisse (or free role) Mackie on the right and Traore wide left with Fabio at left back. Traore is such a good attacking threat so get him further forward
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Mbia on 22:28 - Nov 27 with 1575 viewsWeaverQPR

Mbia been quality last two games.

@WeavQPR

Mbia on 22:32 - Nov 27 with 1545 viewsHollowayRanger

finally playing where i always wanted him in midfield and in time could be a viera type player for us

also allows us to pair hill and nelsen

natually if ones missing id put mbia in there not you know who

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Mbia on 22:34 - Nov 27 with 1525 viewskropotkin41

I was very impressed by that shot he fired off from outside the box. From the normal camera angle it didn't look great, but on the replay the power he generated with virtually no back-lift was evident, and also the fact that it wasn't far wide and the goalie was miles away.

He could score some amazing goals for us if we're lucky.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Mbia on 22:39 - Nov 27 with 1501 viewsCHUBBS

Mbia was sensational yet again today and must be played in that position from now on.The guy has got it all,pace,power,heading ability and a hell of an engine,looked like he could play on whilst others tired.
If we go down it will be a travesty because we have got the makings of a great team.How on earth MH couldn't get this lot to win a game is absolutely shocking.
Mbia on 23:14 - Nov 27 with 1372 viewsklr

He's a quality player & a leader, someone who will be vital if we are to pull off mission impossible.
Mbia on 23:33 - Nov 27 with 1314 viewstom007

agreed he is now playing where he should have played all along.
only takes a real manager 2 days to see that.
Mbia on 23:47 - Nov 27 with 1282 viewsHongKongR

Mbia was tremendous, but I disagree with the OP. Mbia and Diakite are exactly what we need - a solid two in front of the back 4. They are both strong, hard tacklers and have pace & power to run with the ball through opposing midfields. It's amazing that Harry found in a couple of days a combination Hughes never used, and I believe it will be crucial to our team's resolve and ability to turn our season around. With Mbia and Diakite as the tough two in front of Nelson & Hill we have a strong spine - at last! With Granero in front of them (thank God he wasn't asked to play on the right, like Hughes had him playing recently), and Mackie and Taraabt supporting Cisse from the flanks. This is a shape and approach fans have been calling for for a long time with the players we've got, but Hughes never used it. Harry came in and immediately set up the team right, with players playing where they like to play! Wow, even SWP looked good when he came on.

This shape and these players made a big difference to us keeping a clean sheet, and we certainly created some good openings at the other end too.

Sadly, I think Samba has picked up 5 yellows now and will miss the Villa game, but I think Derry may be preferred as his replacement rather than Zpark or Faurlin in order to keep the solid protection in front of the D.
Mbia on 23:53 - Nov 27 with 1263 viewsHunterhoop

Mbia on 23:47 - Nov 27 by HongKongR

Mbia was tremendous, but I disagree with the OP. Mbia and Diakite are exactly what we need - a solid two in front of the back 4. They are both strong, hard tacklers and have pace & power to run with the ball through opposing midfields. It's amazing that Harry found in a couple of days a combination Hughes never used, and I believe it will be crucial to our team's resolve and ability to turn our season around. With Mbia and Diakite as the tough two in front of Nelson & Hill we have a strong spine - at last! With Granero in front of them (thank God he wasn't asked to play on the right, like Hughes had him playing recently), and Mackie and Taraabt supporting Cisse from the flanks. This is a shape and approach fans have been calling for for a long time with the players we've got, but Hughes never used it. Harry came in and immediately set up the team right, with players playing where they like to play! Wow, even SWP looked good when he came on.

This shape and these players made a big difference to us keeping a clean sheet, and we certainly created some good openings at the other end too.

Sadly, I think Samba has picked up 5 yellows now and will miss the Villa game, but I think Derry may be preferred as his replacement rather than Zpark or Faurlin in order to keep the solid protection in front of the D.

If Diakite is missing for villa, injuries permitting, it MUST be Faurlin to come in.

Villa aren't good. We can outpass them. If we line up in the same shape (4-2-3-1) we'll have 3 central midfielders so we shouldn't be outnumbered. Given we'll be at home, the crowd will be up for it, etc, we're likely to have more possession. Faurlin and Granero are our best to 'ball playing' CMs. They should play in order for us to control the game on the deck and not end up playing to Villa's strengths and getting into a long ball, physical dog fight. We'll still have Mbia, Nelson and Hill for those moments, but we need to go in with the mentality that we can and will outplay Villa. I think we'd benefit from Faurlin in there alongside Mbia and Granero.
Login to get fewer ads

Mbia on 00:34 - Nov 28 with 1204 viewssdm1508

Mbia on 23:47 - Nov 27 by HongKongR

I actually said we need Mbia and Diakite but if Diakite cannot be trusted to stay on the pitch do we go with someone else until he learns discipline in him game. He got booked tonight and then had to be taken off to not get sent off
Mbia on 00:41 - Nov 28 with 1197 viewsSonofNorfolt

Mbia was MOM against Arsenal, until a moment of madness, then a 3 match ban. Replaced by one of the weediest centre halfs ever to play for us, another major contribution to Hughes losing his job. Similar to the Barton dismissal against Norwich that fukked Warnock.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024