Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expectations...reality! 23:28 - Dec 26 with 1876 viewsspiritofshittu

If you are a seasoned QPR fan you will just laugh this off and say you expected nothing less?

I've supported the team for decades and grown to love the fact that we are very unfortunate and my expectation levels are realistically set. I know most of you lot have to.

The premiership really is very dull, we all know that it's Sunday games, silly kick off times and no midweekers. It's only really any good for those of you who want to watch dodgey live internet streams, because you don't go.

No more mercenary players, no more plastic fans, no more over priced tickets. Embrace reality, after all we are all QPR (well apart from QBP)....
Expectations...reality! on 23:39 - Dec 26 with 1838 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I normally do and i never do expect anything but before the start of this season i actually thought ' yeah we could do alright this season for once' but then got a reality check after swansea and went back to normal

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Expectations...reality! on 01:51 - Dec 27 with 1756 viewsSharpy

"because you don't go"

You at it again

Agree with all you wrote, the sooner we leave the Premiership and all it entails the better.Hopefully this MB will shed a bit of weight in the process.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Expectations...reality! on 01:57 - Dec 27 with 1751 viewsTheBlob

You wouldn't know reality if it jumped up and gave you a haircut.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Expectations...reality! on 06:41 - Dec 27 with 1698 viewsjohnhoop

Perhaps the OP should have a look at the "Contract Expiry" thread before saying that we will have no more mercenary players in th Championship that he is so enthusiastic about returning to.
I might feel slightly more keen about the prospect of playing Barnsley etc on a Tuesday night again if we had something like Warnock's outfit to represent us.
Unfortunately,what we will be left with in the Championship is the mercenaries who have come for their last pay day and who no club in their right minds will take off our hands because of the wages they are on.
Vine and Agyemang x10.
Expectations...reality! on 07:39 - Dec 27 with 1671 viewsyankranger

Expectations...reality! on 06:41 - Dec 27 by johnhoop

Perhaps the OP should have a look at the "Contract Expiry" thread before saying that we will have no more mercenary players in th Championship that he is so enthusiastic about returning to.
I might feel slightly more keen about the prospect of playing Barnsley etc on a Tuesday night again if we had something like Warnock's outfit to represent us.
Unfortunately,what we will be left with in the Championship is the mercenaries who have come for their last pay day and who no club in their right minds will take off our hands because of the wages they are on.
Vine and Agyemang x10.

Agree with this completely.

I'd be ok with going back down if I felt we had a team that would do well in the championship. We will likely be stuck with most of these guys. The same guys that don't seem to care much now, imagine their attitude on a rainy Tuesday night at Burnley.

In our promotion season I always felt we'd have a chance to fight back when we went 1-0 down. That team was a team and had some fight in them. This squad goes 1-0 down and I definitely don't feel the same way.

Expectations...reality! on 07:41 - Dec 27 with 1669 viewskropotkin41

Expectations...reality! on 07:39 - Dec 27 by yankranger

Agree with this completely.

I'd be ok with going back down if I felt we had a team that would do well in the championship. We will likely be stuck with most of these guys. The same guys that don't seem to care much now, imagine their attitude on a rainy Tuesday night at Burnley.

In our promotion season I always felt we'd have a chance to fight back when we went 1-0 down. That team was a team and had some fight in them. This squad goes 1-0 down and I definitely don't feel the same way.

If we have the right manager and the owners do what they have said they will do, we will be fine in the Championship.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Expectations...reality! on 08:08 - Dec 27 with 1627 viewsdubaistu

The way I see it is that we didn't strengthen in the aras even the bloody tea lady knew what we needed a midfield leader, centre back and a forward.

Instead we bought what we did and will suffer for the next few years.

Keep your glass half full there might just be 3 other teams who have made similar mistakes
Expectations...reality! on 09:17 - Dec 27 with 1545 viewspomanjou

So we would play to finish championship fourth every season?

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Login to get fewer ads

Expectations...reality! on 10:43 - Dec 27 with 1468 viewsspiritofshittu

Expectations...reality! on 06:41 - Dec 27 by johnhoop

Vine and Agyemang x10.

If you cast your mind back you will see that before Warnock arrived we had a team of absolute non tryers. It was Warnock who signed 3/4 players he knew and trusted and that turned us into a hard to beat team + Adel.

The only point I was making, was that if you know your QPR history, none of this will be at all surprising and ultimately relegation from the prem and dire financial melt down is something you would have experienced before. You mention Vine and Dave, but in a scale of economy, these were nothing compared to Peacock, Sheron and Spencers many moons ago.

I don't really go to QPR expecting us to ever win anything (this season I don't even ever expect us to win a game), I go because it is in my blood. I'm sure many others do as well!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024