Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Future Of The Club. 15:36 - Jan 8 with 4054 viewsBeefCurtain

1. Where do you realistically see us in 10 years time?

2. What would you be happy with? i.e how many promotions, relegations, cup runs etc?

3. Do you honestly see us ever establishing ourselves (i.e 5 years+) in a higher division than the one we're in?

I ask these questions because I'm becoming disillusioned with some of the posts and threads on here at the moment. We are a small club at this level and some people don't seem to realise this. I personally think there's more chance of us being a stable Conference side than a stable League 1 side but perhaps that's just the pessimist in me trying to get out.

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

The Future Of The Club. on 08:55 - Jan 9 with 928 viewsdingdangblue

The problem is even if we have success and get promoted all we can afford is 12/24 Month contracts so we either have to sell after 12 months or they go on a free after 2 seasons. Look at the last promotion - who knows, if we could've kept hold of Dagnall and Kennedy we may have finished 6th instead of 9th and have been in the championship with Hilly,Perkins,Dawson,Davies and O'Grady! Even if we have limited success,without crowds and Money we will never sustain it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The Future Of The Club. on 09:17 - Jan 9 with 922 viewselectricblue

Its a no win situation really with most of us Daleys..
Here we are back in league 2 a few good wins and a terrible home record to boot.
But Dale could be a League one team with the same results or may i say it a championship team and yet fans still wouldnt be happy.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

The Future Of The Club. on 19:24 - Jan 9 with 870 viewsNotEyreClue

I think we should be aiming to achieve promotion and stay there although to be a stable league club in 10 years time would probably be an achievement with the way things seems to be going at the moment.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

The Future Of The Club. on 20:17 - Jan 9 with 857 viewsChaffRAFC

The Future Of The Club. on 16:05 - Jan 8 by aleanddale

This is a decent thread.

One that i wouuld be interested to see the response too.

Myself personally i would be happy to be a league club ( the reality is this is most likely to be lg2 ) or whatever it is rebranded to by then - Premiership 4 or whatever.

You are 100% correct in saying that we are more likely to be a mid table conference club than a mid table 3rd tier one. The reality is with sub 2000 home fans we punch above our weight whenever we climb higher than 12 in lg2.

Money talks - end of. We have very little disposable money and need to be astute in the running of the club on and off the field.

If we can survive and compete in the football league- have the odd cup run and finish in or around the playoffs most seasons then i could live with that if this was accompanied with the following.

1. Attacking football thats exciting to watch.
2. A team that looks like its bursting with pride when they walk out of the tunnel
3. A team thats committed - hard but fair and sporting and has an exemplory dicaplinary record
4. Developmemt of local youth and them given the chance to shine in the first team.
5. The occassional cup run that we look like we are taking it seriously
6. The club being more professional off the field ( done to death re. Marketing ) a published 7 year plan that can be shared by the fans.

30 years watching dale - 25 of them quite poor but it was perversly enjoyable being a Dale fan. Then we had Hillcroft, a series of events that probably we will never see again. We were the best team in league 2 for 40+ games. A culmination of 5 years of progression. To finish 9th or 10th in league 1 in our first season looking back was remarkable really.We are in transition, it will take time to stabilise the ship.

Dont get me wrong i dont want to accept second best. The reality is being a Dale fan is VERY different from being a United or City supporter. Its in our DNA to hope for the best but expect the worse. This is a critical 18 / 24 months for the club. The difficulty for those who cant stomach a scrap is we might have a few more dark days before we see any light at the end of the tunnel.

What we need is the supporters to support. Team Rochdale. Fight in adversity and stick together. Lets show some faith in CD and JC and at least get through til May.

Up the Dale.

Fabulous post! This is basically what I tried to say the other day but nowhere near as well as you have.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

The Future Of The Club. on 12:27 - Jan 10 with 799 viewspaulscho

The Future Of The Club. on 20:17 - Jan 9 by ChaffRAFC

Fabulous post! This is basically what I tried to say the other day but nowhere near as well as you have.

Sorry but we are not going to achieve anything at the moment the Hillcroft era was a gift from God ,look at our history ,without those days of re-election would we still be around ? I think not .We survive thats it ,simple end of .
People talking about promotions,Cup runs are dillusional.
What are you expecting from John Coleman ,is there something on the horizon that`s a secret ,a master plan ,a wealth of youth ,a spring push for the play offs ?
We could`nt threaten the goal of one of the worst teams in L3 ,we did`nt have a bloody shot against Wimbledon,We conceeded 4 gaols at Aldershot ,they had only scored 4 goals at home all season until that day .
You look on the website "NO NEWS"
You go on the BBC "NEVER A WORD FROM JOHN COLEMAN"
You watch players like Gary Jones performing heroic`s for a another team ...That player was Rochdales heart ....The Manager Broke his !!!
Stop kidding yourselves ,we are following John Coleman over a Cliff ,mark my words !!!!

livinginadalewonderland

The Future Of The Club. on 12:31 - Jan 10 with 794 viewsdingdangblue

The Future Of The Club. on 12:27 - Jan 10 by paulscho

Sorry but we are not going to achieve anything at the moment the Hillcroft era was a gift from God ,look at our history ,without those days of re-election would we still be around ? I think not .We survive thats it ,simple end of .
People talking about promotions,Cup runs are dillusional.
What are you expecting from John Coleman ,is there something on the horizon that`s a secret ,a master plan ,a wealth of youth ,a spring push for the play offs ?
We could`nt threaten the goal of one of the worst teams in L3 ,we did`nt have a bloody shot against Wimbledon,We conceeded 4 gaols at Aldershot ,they had only scored 4 goals at home all season until that day .
You look on the website "NO NEWS"
You go on the BBC "NEVER A WORD FROM JOHN COLEMAN"
You watch players like Gary Jones performing heroic`s for a another team ...That player was Rochdales heart ....The Manager Broke his !!!
Stop kidding yourselves ,we are following John Coleman over a Cliff ,mark my words !!!!

We had 2 shots v Wimbledon.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

The Future Of The Club. on 12:34 - Jan 10 with 789 viewspaulscho

The Future Of The Club. on 12:31 - Jan 10 by dingdangblue

We had 2 shots v Wimbledon.

Sorry ,was one of them that powerhouse freekick that DSD tried to demolish there wall with .
Actually we did hit the bar .
Think there is nowt wrong with the strikers actually ....

livinginadalewonderland

The Future Of The Club. on 12:50 - Jan 10 with 777 viewsdingdangblue

The Future Of The Club. on 12:34 - Jan 10 by paulscho

Sorry ,was one of them that powerhouse freekick that DSD tried to demolish there wall with .
Actually we did hit the bar .
Think there is nowt wrong with the strikers actually ....

Tutte had a shot saved in the 1st half when he possibly could've passed. One other break we had early on when Grimes had a 2 v 1 situation but he held on too long and it came to nowt. We are a decent commanding centre back away from being a decent side - Coleman finding one is another thing. Would love Long back on loan but can't see it happening.

Login to get fewer ads

The Future Of The Club. on 13:08 - Jan 10 with 760 viewspaulscho

The Future Of The Club. on 12:50 - Jan 10 by dingdangblue

Tutte had a shot saved in the 1st half when he possibly could've passed. One other break we had early on when Grimes had a 2 v 1 situation but he held on too long and it came to nowt. We are a decent commanding centre back away from being a decent side - Coleman finding one is another thing. Would love Long back on loan but can't see it happening.

We tried to get The Brainiest center half in the country last week but he chose to go to Northampton !!

livinginadalewonderland

The Future Of The Club. on 13:14 - Jan 10 with 753 viewsMass_Debater

The Future Of The Club. on 12:50 - Jan 10 by dingdangblue

I'd say 2 decent centre halves and a decent left-back. In fact, add in a right-back who doesn't stamp his feet like a spoiled kid when things go against him and we might be on our way.
The Future Of The Club. on 13:20 - Jan 10 with 746 viewsdingdangblue

The Future Of The Club. on 13:14 - Jan 10 by Mass_Debater

I'd say 2 decent centre halves and a decent left-back. In fact, add in a right-back who doesn't stamp his feet like a spoiled kid when things go against him and we might be on our way.

Long and Bennett would be a good partnership I think - move cav to rightback and try bbm or Edwards in the holding role. Just a bit of tweeking in my eyes - no way we'll be signing 3-4 players.

The Future Of The Club. on 13:21 - Jan 10 with 744 viewsMass_Debater

The Future Of The Club. on 13:20 - Jan 10 by dingdangblue

Long and Bennett would be a good partnership I think - move cav to rightback and try bbm or Edwards in the holding role. Just a bit of tweeking in my eyes - no way we'll be signing 3-4 players.

Probably not but that's what's needed before we will go anywhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024