Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If only he could score goals 14:13 - Jan 15 with 2550 viewsstansleftfoot

as well.
"Nelsen, speaking after he was presented as the Toronto manager in Canada on Tuesday, revealed he had already had "several conversations" with Redknapp and the QPR owner, Tony Fernandes, regarding his future, pointing out that he is playing "on glass knees and glass ankles" and that his ideal scenario would be for the team to "get five straight wins" so he could leave knowing they were on their way to ensuring Premier League safety"
Still in contract until June, but the quote shows the spirit and ethos of the man. Normally very hard to make somebody play for a Club if he wants away, but Ryan Nelsen is not the norm, let hope's he get's his ideal scenario.....Great Person and a superb example......
If only he could score goals on 14:16 - Jan 15 with 2529 viewsjonno

Just a guess, but I'd say he won't playing tonight then!
If only he could score goals on 14:32 - Jan 15 with 2436 viewsstansleftfoot

If only he could score goals on 14:16 - Jan 15 by jonno

Just a guess, but I'd say he won't playing tonight then!

No Need! But he's the type of Fella who might just turn up, with our luck tonight's the night for the glass to break, so lets hope he doesn't play.
If only he could score goals on 14:45 - Jan 15 with 2395 viewsMerthyrHoop

I love the guy, and in awe of the continued good performances he's put in this season, but is it likely that he pointed out that he is "playing on glass knees and glass ankles" when it came to contract negotiations?
If only he could score goals on 14:54 - Jan 15 with 2365 viewsfakekerby

If only he could score goals on 14:45 - Jan 15 by MerthyrHoop

I love the guy, and in awe of the continued good performances he's put in this season, but is it likely that he pointed out that he is "playing on glass knees and glass ankles" when it came to contract negotiations?

He was more than happy to accept his contract at the time so this glass knees, glasses ankles stuff doesn't really wash with me.
If only he could score goals on 14:54 - Jan 15 with 2365 viewsfakekerby

If only he could score goals on 14:45 - Jan 15 by MerthyrHoop

He was more than happy to accept his contract at the time so this glass knees, glasses ankles stuff doesn't really wash with me.
If only he could score goals on 14:58 - Jan 15 with 2352 viewsstansleftfoot

Not sure what could be put in a contract for a player whose 35? years old to manage his selection for games, when? in which competition? how fit?
He wants to take up his job but clearly feels responsible and I'm reading into the 'five wins' remark he's here until any new signings are training and embedded.
It sounds to me it's being handled on a week by week, needs must basis, until a settled situation is arrived at.
He's under contract until June but wants to take up the job, he's employed by TF who recognises the importance of Nelsen so i'm sure his appearance bonus is going up incrementally match by match.....nice pension and a bit of capital for his new life in Canada.....Good Luck to the man, he's the single player who has bought more to the Redknapp era, and its beginning to effect other players, Cesar, Hill, Taarabt, M'bia and even SWP....Mackie needs no help...
If only he could score goals on 15:14 - Jan 15 with 2329 viewsHollowayRanger

If only he could score goals on 14:54 - Jan 15 by fakekerby

he wasnt suposed or expected to play week in week out

the guy's a star if you got any game on tape watch it time and time again he's there covering up others failings

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

If only he could score goals on 15:29 - Jan 15 with 2307 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Me neither. I know I joined the army, but who knew they'd fire at us THIS much!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

If only he could score goals on 15:42 - Jan 15 with 2270 viewsstansleftfoot

I don't think Nelsen is pleading a case, its not his style, he's an old pro with damaged knees and ankles.
His point is that QPR will be lucky to get another 16 games out of him.
This is about risk assessment, if the contract allows, will Nelsen remain 'fit' enough to last the length of his contract.....the message he's sending is that it's a risky judgement to call.
I'd suggest he's right, every time he's thrown himself around I've winced and wondered whether he would get up.
Honest pro, trust him to do his best, he's the first to hold his hand up when he makes a mistake....we are pushing our luck to push this too far with Nelsen.
If only he could score goals on 16:20 - Jan 15 with 2222 viewsjonno

If only he could score goals on 14:58 - Jan 15 by stansleftfoot

Not sure what could be put in a contract for a player whose 35? years old to manage his selection for games, when? in which competition? how fit?
He wants to take up his job but clearly feels responsible and I'm reading into the 'five wins' remark he's here until any new signings are training and embedded.
It sounds to me it's being handled on a week by week, needs must basis, until a settled situation is arrived at.
He's under contract until June but wants to take up the job, he's employed by TF who recognises the importance of Nelsen so i'm sure his appearance bonus is going up incrementally match by match.....nice pension and a bit of capital for his new life in Canada.....Good Luck to the man, he's the single player who has bought more to the Redknapp era, and its beginning to effect other players, Cesar, Hill, Taarabt, M'bia and even SWP....Mackie needs no help...

Errr...why would his appearance payments go up? He signed a contract with us so there is no need to pay him more than agreed in the deal.
If only he could score goals on 16:47 - Jan 15 with 2170 viewsDylanP

Great player, great attitude and absolutely critical to our defense.

We should keep him as long as we need him -- which I think is the point of his "5 wins in a row" comment. He recognizes that he is on contract and so is obliged to stay with us as long as we say. In addition, he probably really wants to get started with Toronto. I dont blame him for that. But first things first. There is always a risk with signing a contract that something better will come along. That is effectively what happened to him. But that was the risk he took in signed on the dotted line. We took the risk of signing a 35 year old player, who might get injured and be a total waste of money.

My respect and admiration of Nelsen does not mean I think we should cut him any slack on the contract. We need him at the heart of our defense and if he has the class that I am sure he does have, he will honour that commitment.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

If only he could score goals on 16:54 - Jan 15 with 2150 viewsJigsore

In fairness I think we're all a bit economical with the true when getting a job offer, but then again no one expected him to be playing every game at 35!

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024