Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have I ever mentioned... 17:00 - Jan 19 with 5374 viewsWatfordR

..that the secret to success in the Prem is being prepared to lose in order to try and win?

I'm sure I may have.

Big Sam may be a fat w@nker, but he's right on the point made earlier. Parking the bus and hoping we do to everyone else we play what we did to the Scum is going to get us relegated.

ATAF.
Have I ever mentioned... on 09:14 - Jan 20 with 590 viewsRed_Ranger

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:50 - Jan 19 by rsonist

After the goal Remy was hardly ever in the same positions for the rest of the game. Players might have lost some tactical discipline but after 30 mins Harry still had an hour to do something about it, he didn't and the inevitable happened.

Remy could/ should have scored in 91st minute.
Have I ever mentioned... on 10:12 - Jan 20 with 564 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Have I ever mentioned... on 23:06 - Jan 19 by VancouverHoop

After a first win against a poor Fulham side, we lost three in a row, matches I'm sure most of us – and HR – thought we should have got something from. Based on his very positive comments after the Liverpool loss – which many us of thought was just trying to maintain confidence among players and supporters – I think he realised he'd figured it out. Taking off Cissé at HT was the turning point – with luck for the rest of our season. We have got to get in the face of every oppo player in our half, cover, cover, cover some more and take what we can get on the break. If that means playing with one striker, or no striker, it's what we have to do. We've got one of the best goalkeepers in the world – who looks like he's really enjoying himself TBH – and a pretty decent back-up. HR's also built a resolute defensive system that's working well, plus we have skill and speed up-front. We're only missing, what in ice-hockey is called the "transition game," the shift from the defensive back-foot to the offensive front one, we lack consistent speedy break-out, and the killer pass. We scored that way early on today and will do again I'm certain. I don't know if we'll stay up, but the signs are good, and, even if we don't, we're not going down with a whimper. That's all you can ask.

It's worth asking would you rather be in our shoes, or Newcastle or Southampton's today? Personally it's no contest, even though they're both above us in the table.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Yes I agree with you. My comment was a sarcastic response to WatfordR
Have I ever mentioned... on 12:58 - Jan 20 with 543 viewsHollowayRanger

Have I ever mentioned... on 23:06 - Jan 19 by VancouverHoop

After a first win against a poor Fulham side, we lost three in a row, matches I'm sure most of us – and HR – thought we should have got something from. Based on his very positive comments after the Liverpool loss – which many us of thought was just trying to maintain confidence among players and supporters – I think he realised he'd figured it out. Taking off Cissé at HT was the turning point – with luck for the rest of our season. We have got to get in the face of every oppo player in our half, cover, cover, cover some more and take what we can get on the break. If that means playing with one striker, or no striker, it's what we have to do. We've got one of the best goalkeepers in the world – who looks like he's really enjoying himself TBH – and a pretty decent back-up. HR's also built a resolute defensive system that's working well, plus we have skill and speed up-front. We're only missing, what in ice-hockey is called the "transition game," the shift from the defensive back-foot to the offensive front one, we lack consistent speedy break-out, and the killer pass. We scored that way early on today and will do again I'm certain. I don't know if we'll stay up, but the signs are good, and, even if we don't, we're not going down with a whimper. That's all you can ask.

It's worth asking would you rather be in our shoes, or Newcastle or Southampton's today? Personally it's no contest, even though they're both above us in the table.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

much rather be newcastle or southampton they got the points on the table

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Have I ever mentioned... on 16:36 - Jan 20 with 530 viewsVancouverHoop

Have I ever mentioned... on 12:58 - Jan 20 by HollowayRanger

much rather be newcastle or southampton they got the points on the table

A good many of their fans wouldn't agree. There's far less positivity on their boards at the moment than on here.
Have I ever mentioned... on 18:17 - Jan 20 with 502 viewsHollowayRanger

Have I ever mentioned... on 16:36 - Jan 20 by VancouverHoop

A good many of their fans wouldn't agree. There's far less positivity on their boards at the moment than on here.

thats because im not on there!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024