Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have I ever mentioned... 17:00 - Jan 19 with 5125 viewsWatfordR

..that the secret to success in the Prem is being prepared to lose in order to try and win?

I'm sure I may have.

Big Sam may be a fat w@nker, but he's right on the point made earlier. Parking the bus and hoping we do to everyone else we play what we did to the Scum is going to get us relegated.

ATAF.
Have I ever mentioned... on 18:00 - Jan 19 with 976 viewswittle

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:58 - Jan 19 by WatfordR

We are going to need to our own dirty work rather than rely on others I'm afraid.

were you as critical under hughes ?
Have I ever mentioned... on 18:02 - Jan 19 with 969 viewsVancouverHoop

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:58 - Jan 19 by WatfordR

We are going to need to our own dirty work rather than rely on others I'm afraid.

Of course, but the situation isn't as dire as our pathetic number of points might indicate. Yet.
Have I ever mentioned... on 18:05 - Jan 19 with 965 viewsBklynRanger

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:56 - Jan 19 by VancouverHoop

Right now seven points separate the bottom six clubs. If all six, or even five, remain in the relegation fight (ie: they don't pull well away or get left at the bottom) it reduces the number of points the survivors require to stay up. Reading beating Newcastle today is huge for us – provided they don't go on a run – as long as the bottom teams stay close together each of them has a chance.

That kind of reasoned West Coast positivity deserves its own thread
Have I ever mentioned... on 18:06 - Jan 19 with 960 viewsVancouverHoop

Have I ever mentioned... on 18:05 - Jan 19 by BklynRanger

That kind of reasoned West Coast positivity deserves its own thread

Heh!

Thanks
Have I ever mentioned... on 18:10 - Jan 19 with 952 viewsWatfordR

Have I ever mentioned... on 18:00 - Jan 19 by wittle

were you as critical under hughes ?

Under Hughes, we had plenty of time to find points and wins. Under HR, we don't.

Have a look back at my old posts re Hughes. I freely admitted I didn't have any time for him as a person, but I wanted to see him succeed because it would have given our club the stability it has desperately needed for decades.

I detest Redknapp and am appalled he's at the club, but moreover there is nothing long termist about his appointment. It will mean more players in and out, more money out, in this window, in the Summer (even if we stay up) and again once when he is replaced (which won't be too long because again he isn't the face that our owners will want to promote the QPR brand). If he is going to take us down playing negative rubbish, then wtf is the point of having him here?
Have I ever mentioned... on 18:16 - Jan 19 with 944 viewswittle

Have I ever mentioned... on 18:10 - Jan 19 by WatfordR

Under Hughes, we had plenty of time to find points and wins. Under HR, we don't.

Have a look back at my old posts re Hughes. I freely admitted I didn't have any time for him as a person, but I wanted to see him succeed because it would have given our club the stability it has desperately needed for decades.

I detest Redknapp and am appalled he's at the club, but moreover there is nothing long termist about his appointment. It will mean more players in and out, more money out, in this window, in the Summer (even if we stay up) and again once when he is replaced (which won't be too long because again he isn't the face that our owners will want to promote the QPR brand). If he is going to take us down playing negative rubbish, then wtf is the point of having him here?

our backs are against the wall because of hughes,he has left us with this squad .Harry is having to employ these tactics just to give us a fighting chance,so please give it a rest.

ATAF
Have I ever mentioned... on 18:18 - Jan 19 with 940 viewsFDC

I don't think we set up to 'park the bus', the starting line-up was positive.

In fact it's more worrying that we tried to take the game to West Ham and couldn't, and then made substitutions to try to save a point.

Our midfield was anonymous. It was crying out for Faurlin to slow the game down and retain possession. He really must not be fancied by Arry.
Have I ever mentioned... on 18:29 - Jan 19 with 921 viewsPommyhoop

We played them on the break early doors.Remy got through 3 times .Twice he was offside ,once he scored.
Then we really tried to shut up shop and it didnt work.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Have I ever mentioned... on 18:30 - Jan 19 with 921 viewspaulparker

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:51 - Jan 19 by WatfordR

For me, and not for the first time this season, his substitutions and were poor and his unwillingness to tamper with the formation as and when the match required it has cost us. Can't see how Faurlin couldn't have been introduced into midfield as someone who could win and distribute the ball. Never saw Mackie involved in the game at all, but I did see WHU playing ONE at the back again and again. Pushing Mackie up to join Remy would at a stroke have kept their back four in defence rather than overrunning our midfield. Bothroyd on rather than Hoilett? Do me a favour.

We've gone looking for one point and hoping to pinch three. That isn't the right approach in our position, and we will pay for it,

Re boothroyd ,harry knew at that point the ball just kept going back to them , and like it or not boothroyd is the only one we have on the bench who could maybe hold it up and bring others into the game, also we were conceding a lot of corners and his height could help us defend,
we didnt play well at all today but we got a point and that brings confidence.

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Have I ever mentioned... on 18:34 - Jan 19 with 910 viewsbosh67

We are 5 points from teams out of the drop zone rather than the 9 points+ we were a few weeks ago. It would be lovely to go on a big winning streak and do what fakes have done and get 2 back to back wins, but we are slowly creeping back into this. Don't right us off getting something out of the City game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Have I ever mentioned... on 18:35 - Jan 19 with 910 viewsHulahoop7

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:29 - Jan 19 by THEBUSH

Don't think HR is thick, so you must be saying he's vain ?
As far as I can remember, defensive football is not really his style either, he's probably playing with what he's got ?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

+1 we have a glimpse of the light thanks to HR, gambling all at this stage of the game where every point counts is stupid and should be confined to the betting shops and websites and not the real world. Let me spell it out, if we stay up its because of HR and if we go down its because mh took us for a ride there is no middle ground here, hes doing the best he can with the players we have end of.
Have I ever mentioned... on 18:46 - Jan 19 with 894 viewsClubber

The fact you supported Hughes when nearly everyone else sussed out he was a con man takes away a lot of credibility when criticizing Harry's tactics . Harry stopped us leaking goals, bought a goal scorer (hopefully), beat Chelsea, two points from hard London derby's, unbeaten this year,WBA away and we have team spirit at last . Pretty football wont keep us up and the fact we are still using Derry, Hill and Nelson for defensive stability after the money spent shows what a mess we were in.
Bring back hughes !

"My prediction?. . . . . . . . . pain"

Have I ever mentioned... on 18:48 - Jan 19 with 890 viewsWatfordR

Have I ever mentioned... on 18:35 - Jan 19 by Hulahoop7

+1 we have a glimpse of the light thanks to HR, gambling all at this stage of the game where every point counts is stupid and should be confined to the betting shops and websites and not the real world. Let me spell it out, if we stay up its because of HR and if we go down its because mh took us for a ride there is no middle ground here, hes doing the best he can with the players we have end of.

Thanks for that Rosie.
Have I ever mentioned... on 18:52 - Jan 19 with 881 viewsdanehoop

Have I ever mentioned... on 18:48 - Jan 19 by WatfordR

Thanks for that Rosie.

My Word. That's immense.

Never knowingly understood

Have I ever mentioned... on 18:58 - Jan 19 with 876 viewsHulahoop7

Have I ever mentioned... on 18:48 - Jan 19 by WatfordR

Thanks for that Rosie.

yeah maybe i should have weighed in and called u out as a straight up clueless tw@
But i wont because this a civilised site, but kudos for the womens name, *slow clap* welldone u!
Have I ever mentioned... on 19:01 - Jan 19 with 805 viewsWatfordR

Have I ever mentioned... on 18:58 - Jan 19 by Hulahoop7

yeah maybe i should have weighed in and called u out as a straight up clueless tw@
But i wont because this a civilised site, but kudos for the womens name, *slow clap* welldone u!

Oh dear. Rosie is also a dog's name. Especially if the dog is owned by your very own HR.
Have I ever mentioned... on 19:12 - Jan 19 with 793 viewsHulahoop7

Have I ever mentioned... on 19:01 - Jan 19 by WatfordR

Oh dear. Rosie is also a dog's name. Especially if the dog is owned by your very own HR.

yes i realise that and yes i feel like a complete tw@ but......oh fuk it, just let us try a be alittle more positive ffs, thats all i was getting at. And yes kudos if we ever meet i ow you a beer.

Have I ever mentioned... on 22:23 - Jan 19 with 762 viewsCiderwithRsie

I don't dispute that we need to attack to win some games but that's a sight easier said than done if you inherit the sort of shambles Hughes left here.

Every time we've had an incompetent the first thing I've seen a decent manager do to repair it is to get the team doing the simple things right - sort the defence, get some clean sheets, make sure players know their position and role in the team. You have to build from the back.

I'd be very surprised if our 'arry has enough time to turn things around - price we pay for Fernandes trying to be a good owner and give Hughes a fair chance - but that doesn't mean he's not doing the right things. At least he's stopped QPR from being an embarrassment to all of us every Monday morning
Have I ever mentioned... on 22:33 - Jan 19 with 755 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yes because he is known for playing negative rubbish isn't he?????
Have I ever mentioned... on 22:54 - Jan 19 with 736 viewsHollowayRanger

hughes is the man to blame for the mess we are in

he bought in an england keeper and dropped him after 1 game if he had so little faith in him why bring him in!!!!!

he never got to grips with our centreback problems NELSEN was brought in as cover not to play every week

bosingwa wow he sure got suckered there
diakite what happened to him?
park sold a dummy by his old boss
granero we're in a fight is he a man that will fight?

plan A UP FRONT zamorra johnson tWo injury prone strikers and guess what happens

PLAN B there was no plan B apart from a sulking cisse

redknapp IS GOOD but he cant work miracles overnight he's made us much stronger ,today we would have lost 0-4 under hughes,but clock is ticking
man city
norwich
swansea
man utd we relly need two wins from these ,then its march and april lots of massive games and points on offer but if we are still in bottom 3 after them then i think its safe to say we are down

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Have I ever mentioned... on 23:06 - Jan 19 with 730 viewsVancouverHoop

Have I ever mentioned... on 22:33 - Jan 19 by CroydonCaptJack

Yes because he is known for playing negative rubbish isn't he?????

After a first win against a poor Fulham side, we lost three in a row, matches I'm sure most of us – and HR – thought we should have got something from. Based on his very positive comments after the Liverpool loss – which many us of thought was just trying to maintain confidence among players and supporters – I think he realised he'd figured it out. Taking off Cissé at HT was the turning point – with luck for the rest of our season. We have got to get in the face of every oppo player in our half, cover, cover, cover some more and take what we can get on the break. If that means playing with one striker, or no striker, it's what we have to do. We've got one of the best goalkeepers in the world – who looks like he's really enjoying himself TBH – and a pretty decent back-up. HR's also built a resolute defensive system that's working well, plus we have skill and speed up-front. We're only missing, what in ice-hockey is called the "transition game," the shift from the defensive back-foot to the offensive front one, we lack consistent speedy break-out, and the killer pass. We scored that way early on today and will do again I'm certain. I don't know if we'll stay up, but the signs are good, and, even if we don't, we're not going down with a whimper. That's all you can ask.

It's worth asking would you rather be in our shoes, or Newcastle or Southampton's today? Personally it's no contest, even though they're both above us in the table.
Have I ever mentioned... on 01:21 - Jan 20 with 706 viewsBushman

We got a point against a team that embarrassed & humiliated us at home.

We also took the lead.

Compared to the shame we endured under MH that is massive progress.

And that is a fact.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

(No subject) (n/t) on 02:05 - Jan 20 with 693 viewsLoftusRdW12

Have I ever mentioned... on 01:21 - Jan 20 by Bushman

We got a point against a team that embarrassed & humiliated us at home.

We also took the lead.

Compared to the shame we endured under MH that is massive progress.

And that is a fact.

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Have I ever mentioned... on 02:10 - Jan 20 with 685 viewsLoftusRdW12

(No subject) (n/t) on 02:05 - Jan 20 by LoftusRdW12

In a sense, we've already been relegated once this season. Unusually, we've been given a second bite of the cherry.

Whether we have enough quality to take advantage, remains to be seen.

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Have I ever mentioned... on 09:14 - Jan 20 with 641 viewsRed_Ranger

Have I ever mentioned... on 17:50 - Jan 19 by rsonist

After the goal Remy was hardly ever in the same positions for the rest of the game. Players might have lost some tactical discipline but after 30 mins Harry still had an hour to do something about it, he didn't and the inevitable happened.

Remy could/ should have scored in 91st minute.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024