Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cisse 01:44 - Feb 3 with 1645 viewsamhoop

People say he's lazy etc. if he was playing today reckon he would have nicked a goal. He did it so many times last season, e.g. Stoke. Think it was a crazy decision letting him leave.
Cisse on 08:00 - Feb 3 with 1588 viewsDejR_vu

Agree. Obviously we don't know the background, but seems very odd to let a player who proved last year that he is one of the best finishers we have had in a long time leave, especially when we have struggled for goals all season. Can only assume HR thought he had others in the bag, but if so it was a big gamble that has backfired.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Cisse on 09:03 - Feb 3 with 1544 viewsFearless

Agreed

And IF DJ goes on loan as well - what was the point of naming him in the 25
Cisse on 09:15 - Feb 3 with 1527 viewsSomersetHoops

He wemt before he was replaced and then wasn't really replaced as Remy was a replacement for injured striker(s).

Was it such a good deal financially that we had to use a half fit Zamora for half this critical game?

I agree Cisse instead of Mackie in this game might have yielded at least one goal.

I like Mackie as a wing forward, but a central forward target man he aint. We completely wasted the first half of this game by effectively having nothing through or in the middle. We kept putting the ball to the heavily populated flanks rather than into the wide open spaces through the middle.

When Zamora came on it improved a bit and Townsend started cutting inside. If we had played like this in the first half we would have had this game won by half time.

Who's Next?

Cisse on 10:21 - Feb 3 with 1484 viewsisawqpratwcity

Did Cisse have to go so early? Was there some Qatari deadline that drove the timeline?

I am just assuming that our deadline day found Harry with at least one less striker than he was planning.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Cisse on 10:40 - Feb 3 with 1463 viewsgazza1

Cisse was poor for most of the games he played for us this season - didnt even bother to put a shift in....hence his departure.
Cisse on 11:11 - Feb 3 with 1442 viewsisawqpratwcity

Cisse on 10:40 - Feb 3 by gazza1

Cisse was poor for most of the games he played for us this season - didnt even bother to put a shift in....hence his departure.

He was often pretty ordinary, but has still scored as many goals as anyone else this season, and yesterday's feeds were more prolific and would have suited him down to the ground.

I think that if Harry had waited to see what he had actually signed in the window, Cisse wouldn't have gone.

Cisse on 11:12 - Feb 3 with 1437 viewsJamie

Cisse on 10:21 - Feb 3 by isawqpratwcity

Did Cisse have to go so early? Was there some Qatari deadline that drove the timeline?

I am just assuming that our deadline day found Harry with at least one less striker than he was planning.

A good offer was in so the club took it. Who knows if they would've left it on the table for a few weeks.
Cisse on 11:13 - Feb 3 with 1437 viewsSydneyRs

Ridiculous situation yesterday that we did not start with a striker yet Cisse is fully fit and ours.
Login to get fewer ads

Cisse on 11:22 - Feb 3 with 1428 viewsisawqpratwcity

Cisse on 11:12 - Feb 3 by Jamie

A good offer was in so the club took it. Who knows if they would've left it on the table for a few weeks.

Yeh, wondered about that too, but still we are the one's left without a fit, quality striker.

Cisse on 13:40 - Feb 3 with 1367 viewsRanger78

Totally agree. Absolute madness to let him go.

We never once played to his strengths this season and as a result made him look even lazier. He got frustrated and so the situation arose where the boo boys got on his back.

He can finish but he was never going to be someone who would bust a gut.

We now start a game with someone who will bust a gut and put his body on the line for every second he is on the pitch (and hats off for that) but frankly is not very good??

I think the PL requires a difficult balance but the reality is that a team full of players like Mackie, Hill and Derry would probably not even be good enough to compete in the Championship
Cisse on 13:45 - Feb 3 with 1359 viewsessextaxiboy

I agree with the post regarding Cisse going but I think his influence on our survival is mixed ,he scored some goals but got himself sent off on two occasions and was suspended for 6 games .

It all came down to the last game when if he had been available for more games we may have been clear .

Cisse on 13:55 - Feb 3 with 1352 viewsgazza1

If he was any good HR would not have let him go and would have picked him more often....anyone who saw him in his last game saw his worth & he was taken off at h/t after a shocking display with zero workrate. Also if he was still that good then other Clubs in 'proper' Premier leagues would have made offers for him.

Cisse on 14:48 - Feb 3 with 1315 viewsTacticalR

The recent problem with Cissé was that he couldn't get into the game at all.

The last league game he played in (against Liverpool) we were down 0-3 at half-time, before Cissé was replaced by Derry.

Air hostess clique

Cisse on 23:07 - Feb 3 with 1241 viewsisawqpratwcity

Cisse on 14:48 - Feb 3 by TacticalR

The recent problem with Cissé was that he couldn't get into the game at all.

The last league game he played in (against Liverpool) we were down 0-3 at half-time, before Cissé was replaced by Derry.

Last Saturday, the game might just have dropped into his lap. It was crying out for for a poacher in front of goal.

20/20 hindsight, sure, but it was a mistake to let Cisse go before we got in at least two strikers. Harry ended up at the end of the transfer window having to hang his hat on Remy until Zamora gets fully fit. Let's hope Remy will recover soon.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024