Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grand National 13:00 - Apr 4 with 9608 viewsmikeygunn

Who is backing what, and why? No idea and looking for some inspiration...
Grand National on 19:33 - Apr 6 with 1342 viewswestberksr

great race today and passed without incident which i think everyone will be delighted with.

have to say I've been impressed with the C4 coverage, it was like the old days or the FA Cup, with wall to wall airtime. And the weather improved; tfft!

same time next year chaps!
Grand National on 19:55 - Apr 6 with 1313 viewsHunterhoop

Grand National on 19:33 - Apr 6 by westberksr

great race today and passed without incident which i think everyone will be delighted with.

have to say I've been impressed with the C4 coverage, it was like the old days or the FA Cup, with wall to wall airtime. And the weather improved; tfft!

same time next year chaps!

Channel 4's horse racing coverage is excellent. They're doing a similar thing to Sky with the cricket where they are showing up every previous provider and doing it so much better than anyone else could. You can tell all their pundits care about horse racing and know their stuff inside out.

But gutted today. Had 2nd and 3rd ew but really thought Teaforthree was going to win after the penultimate fence. He just got way too tight to the last and I think going through that fence just took it out of him. Cracking and reliable horse though. Unfortunately I think the handicapper will have him in his grasp next yr.

Though Baltzahar ran a good race. Clearly not got the stamina for 4 miles yet but they can work on that. He's progressive. His jumping was excellent and if he's off a good mark next yr, I think he could have a very good chance.
Grand National on 20:34 - Apr 6 with 1290 viewsessextaxiboy

Grand National on 19:55 - Apr 6 by Hunterhoop

Channel 4's horse racing coverage is excellent. They're doing a similar thing to Sky with the cricket where they are showing up every previous provider and doing it so much better than anyone else could. You can tell all their pundits care about horse racing and know their stuff inside out.

But gutted today. Had 2nd and 3rd ew but really thought Teaforthree was going to win after the penultimate fence. He just got way too tight to the last and I think going through that fence just took it out of him. Cracking and reliable horse though. Unfortunately I think the handicapper will have him in his grasp next yr.

Though Baltzahar ran a good race. Clearly not got the stamina for 4 miles yet but they can work on that. He's progressive. His jumping was excellent and if he's off a good mark next yr, I think he could have a very good chance.

Thanks for those tips today . I worked all night , got up at 1 and just followed your selections . E/W second and third ..currently in mcdonalds nr gatwick eating tea courtesy of Ladbrokes ...cheers
Grand National on 22:08 - Apr 6 with 1247 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I bet with Paddy Power and added Rare Bob (thinking of my late Rangers supporting uncle) so I'm slightly up.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Grand National on 22:24 - Apr 6 with 1231 viewsthorpebankR

After many hours studying the form I backed the second and third. I asked my mrs if she wants do do a horse in the national and after 2 seconds studying she picks the bloody winner!
Grand National on 00:26 - Apr 7 with 1194 viewsscot1963

don't even remember seeing the name of the horse that won in the runners.

I've only ever picked the winner once and that was on the Grand National that never was with Esha Ness
Grand National on 01:57 - Apr 7 with 1182 viewsMatch82

Grand National on 00:26 - Apr 7 by scot1963

don't even remember seeing the name of the horse that won in the runners.

I've only ever picked the winner once and that was on the Grand National that never was with Esha Ness

When my sister was a kid, she won the first three years my dad put a bet on for her, based on which uniforms she liked.

She backed the runner up E/W again yesterday using the same approach, jammy swine.
Grand National on 06:08 - Apr 7 with 1173 viewsswisscottage

Grand National on 01:57 - Apr 7 by Match82

When my sister was a kid, she won the first three years my dad put a bet on for her, based on which uniforms she liked.

She backed the runner up E/W again yesterday using the same approach, jammy swine.

Aurora's Encore won it at 66/1
I had him top rated on form and my speed ratings by a good ten lengths but couldn't back the horse due to a string of poor runs since being 2nd in the Scottish National last season added to the fact that Sue Smith's yard have had a poor season by their standards. Actually really annoyed with myself or not having at least a little on him as recent decent form is not really a major factor in this race.
Login to get fewer ads

Grand National on 08:53 - Apr 7 with 1152 viewsswisscottage

Grand National on 06:08 - Apr 7 by swisscottage

Aurora's Encore won it at 66/1
I had him top rated on form and my speed ratings by a good ten lengths but couldn't back the horse due to a string of poor runs since being 2nd in the Scottish National last season added to the fact that Sue Smith's yard have had a poor season by their standards. Actually really annoyed with myself or not having at least a little on him as recent decent form is not really a major factor in this race.

Taking a closer look I'm kicking myself even more. The horses record in the spring (mid MArch to Mid May) reads 2F151912F13121
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024