Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Brooklyn R 09:23 - Apr 14 with 1566 viewsLOTR

Hello mate,

Planning a trip to NYC in late December and just wanted some advice on where to stay if we were planning on heading out to BK for New Years.

I've had a look at one place on Franklin Ave and also one place on Box Street, both look good, fairly easy to get back over to Manhattan and also not far from Williamsburg.

Any advice on where to stay or places to avoid.

Thanks

LOTR
FAO Brooklyn R on 02:42 - Apr 15 with 1526 viewsLOTR

Sorry for the BUMP! But i can't remember how to do PM and really need to get this accommodation booked for NYC.

Thanks in advance anyone that can help me out.
FAO Brooklyn R on 04:17 - Apr 15 with 1516 viewsBklynRanger

Hello, Lord. Sorry for the delay.

Are these apartments your looking into? I'm guessing that's the case by their locations. There are a handful of decent hotels in Brooklyn - the Marriot on Adams street is nice and there's a new one called Nu Hotel (I think) on Smith St/Atlantic Av.

You can tell me more and I'll respond but I think the one thing I'd say is that you don't need to stay in Brooklyn for the sake of proximity to anything - you'd be better off in Manhattan tbh. They're 20 mins apart, on average by train - but you may know well all this anyway.

Of the places you say I'd go for Box St over Franklin Av - Franklin Av is very close to me and has been experiencing a lot of gentrification in recent years. If its a really nice place then fair enough, but it's by no means a glamorous or memorable area. It's nice and you would be experiencing an area of Brooklyn, but maybe not exciting enough.

I had to check where Bo St was to be honest - but I see it's right on the edge of Greenpoint - that area will be closer to a dramatic skyline and generally closer to quick and easy train links to 14th St and Manhattan. I can't say I really know that street but if you want me to check with a friend who lives in Greenpoint I can.

Areas to avoid in Brooklyn - well the tricky thing about that is how people advertising places word the areas they're in. Often you'll get the word "Heights" attached to some terribly shyteholes because it sounds nice - Brooklyn Heights in fact is very nice. I'd avoid East New York, Brownsville, most parts of Bushwick, East Flatbush and a few other places. If you send me addresses I can give you the best info on that - this place is very dense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024