Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR matchday parking - plans to restrict 19:15 - May 29 with 2720 viewsJames_W12

This is possibly the dullest subject ever posted on here but it could be important to a few of you.

At the moment there is a consultation in progress regarding parking restrictions for Zone J - the part of Shepherds Bush immediately around the ground and roads on either side of Uxbridge Road where many supporters park.

There are moves afoot by some residents to make parking in these areas next to impossible on a matchday or at least costly (it's free at the moment).

If you live in this area or know anyone who does, you/they might want to take part:

https://www.citizenspace.com/lbhf/transport-and-technical-services/zonej2013/con
QPR matchday parking - plans to restrict on 19:24 - May 29 with 2678 viewsAgedR

Not at all dull, very important.

Great! I will line up to be buggared from another angle.

Loads of space, very little congestion relatively, let's shaft them anyway

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

QPR matchday parking - plans to restrict on 19:30 - May 29 with 2654 viewsqueensparker

Jesus Christ.

Matchday parking has caused absolutely no problem to the local area for decades, including two years where the home ground has been basically sold out for every game, yet some c--t has spotted an opportunity to make money in order to 'protect the residents'.

It will get through as well, it always does. Where's Kensalriser? He was good with advice on this last time I went off about it
QPR matchday parking - plans to restrict on 19:40 - May 29 with 2625 viewsJames_W12

QPR matchday parking - plans to restrict on 19:24 - May 29 by AgedR

Not at all dull, very important.

Great! I will line up to be buggared from another angle.

Loads of space, very little congestion relatively, let's shaft them anyway

To be fair - the council has had two consultations on same issue in the last three or four years. On both occasions the majority of residents voted against change and no changes were implemented so they will listen if people air their views.
QPR matchday parking - plans to restrict on 00:32 - May 30 with 2467 viewskensalriser

Here I am!

It's up to the local residents. Of course, if the council has an agenda to extend parking restrictions (which they do, usually) they will keep coming back and exerting influence over residents to approve.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR matchday parking - plans to restrict on 03:14 - May 30 with 2428 viewsCanadaRanger

I don't want to see any Vauxhall motors anywhere near LR...

:(
QPR matchday parking - plans to restrict on 09:01 - May 30 with 2365 viewsSomersetHoops

This makes a big difference to people like me who must drive to games. If we can't park near the ground then it will make it difficult for me to continue supporting QPR, apart from watching from my armchair. It seems to work fine as it is, so why is there the need to continually waste money on frequent consultations. If the council have concerns they should make an independant assessment of the situation on matchdays. If they just want to make money from football fans parking, then they need to be reasonable about cost and time allowed or it will drive them away.

I normally park for about 4 hours when I come and I spend money in the cafés or pubs before and / or after games. If this is made too difficult local businesses will lose the income I and many others bring to the area. I have never seen any problems caused by fans in the residential areas where I normally park.

The club needs to be very involved in this and make every effort to protect the ability of its fans to attend matches. Its important to more than just a few.

Who's Next?

QPR matchday parking - plans to restrict on 11:24 - May 30 with 2305 viewsJames_W12

QPR matchday parking - plans to restrict on 09:01 - May 30 by SomersetHoops

This makes a big difference to people like me who must drive to games. If we can't park near the ground then it will make it difficult for me to continue supporting QPR, apart from watching from my armchair. It seems to work fine as it is, so why is there the need to continually waste money on frequent consultations. If the council have concerns they should make an independant assessment of the situation on matchdays. If they just want to make money from football fans parking, then they need to be reasonable about cost and time allowed or it will drive them away.

I normally park for about 4 hours when I come and I spend money in the cafés or pubs before and / or after games. If this is made too difficult local businesses will lose the income I and many others bring to the area. I have never seen any problems caused by fans in the residential areas where I normally park.

The club needs to be very involved in this and make every effort to protect the ability of its fans to attend matches. Its important to more than just a few.

According to the survey rules, local business owners can have a say too. If you know the owner/manager of your favourite pub/cafe/restaurant then maybe drop them a line as they might be unaware.

My family own one such venue on Uxbridge Road so we'll be making sure our voice is heard.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024