Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan 19:11 - Jul 27 with 3848 viewsgueRRilla

Apologies if already posted etc.

Sky sources unsderstand that Newcastle have made an increased offer of £6.9m for Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis.

And the Magpies have also asked QPR about the possibility of taking Loic Remy on a season-long loan deal.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8842852/transfer-news-newcastle-ke
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 19:14 - Jul 27 with 2382 viewsowza

Harry should reject that. Need to try and keep him. We should only accept a permanent transfer with good money involved.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 19:54 - Jul 27 with 2319 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 19:14 - Jul 27 by owza

Harry should reject that. Need to try and keep him. We should only accept a permanent transfer with good money involved.

i disagree, it would be a good idea for him to play in the premier for a year,then should we come straight back up we have a ready made 20 goal striker that belongs to us.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 19:57 - Jul 27 with 2297 viewsSomersetHoops

What's the point of loaning out Remy? We need a striker and it seems Remy is a good one. If Newcastle can't afford to buy him, then that is their problem. I can imagine they would want a clause about his court case, so they can send him back to us if he does time. Even if we sold him for 8 mil, we would need to pay out over 5 mill to get an inferior replacement, lets use him until January and hope the allegations against him are false and see what offers come in then. If he does well and has no court case hanging over him he should be worth 10 mil.

Who's Next?

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:06 - Jul 27 with 2265 viewsKernowRanger

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 19:54 - Jul 27 by wittle

i disagree, it would be a good idea for him to play in the premier for a year,then should we come straight back up we have a ready made 20 goal striker that belongs to us.

What makes you think that even if we came straight back up he'd still want to come back to us? Proven himself at Premier League level, so likely to go to a bigger, more established team.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:08 - Jul 27 with 2256 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:06 - Jul 27 by KernowRanger

What makes you think that even if we came straight back up he'd still want to come back to us? Proven himself at Premier League level, so likely to go to a bigger, more established team.

he would still be our player so wouldnt have a choice and how much would it cost to buy a proven striker should we come straight back up.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:13 - Jul 27 with 2239 viewsVancouverHoop

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:08 - Jul 27 by wittle

he would still be our player so wouldnt have a choice and how much would it cost to buy a proven striker should we come straight back up.

Mackie was our player, but still left. Contract or not, players always have a choice.

(apologies for "thumb," clicked in error instead of edit button.)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:18 - Jul 27 with 2219 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:13 - Jul 27 by VancouverHoop

Mackie was our player, but still left. Contract or not, players always have a choice.

(apologies for "thumb," clicked in error instead of edit button.)

we allowed mackie to leave for a fee,remy is our player and should we come straight back up he will still be our player.plus we would be in a stronger position as we would be a premier club again and if he wanted to leave then a club would have to pay big for him.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:25 - Jul 27 with 2200 viewsQPR1882

1 small problem with your idea,without Remy in our team we don't have any strikers to score goals to get us back into the prem.
Login to get fewer ads

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:25 - Jul 27 with 2200 viewsMkPaul

And how would we Come back up without a striker that can score a few goals?
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:30 - Jul 27 with 2177 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:25 - Jul 27 by QPR1882

1 small problem with your idea,without Remy in our team we don't have any strikers to score goals to get us back into the prem.

i think its been widely reported that remy has an escape clauss after relegation,he has not featured at all in pre season he has a rape case hanging over him and i would be amazed if he plays for us in the championship but i hope he does.If he does go , i would rather it was on loan as i would love him to lead the line for us SHOULD we return.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:33 - Jul 27 with 2163 viewsHollowayRanger

have newcastle got one we could swap on loan for ?

sammy ameobi ? was on loan at boro last season or his older brother?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:35 - Jul 27 with 2160 viewsowza

What makes you think he is going to stay with us if we come back up? To be honest we could use this rape allegation to our advantage. Personally, I don't think any club will come in for him with concrete cash for a permanent move because of the rape charge hanging over his head. So that means keeping him until his trial. He will want to play for us as he wants to be on the plane to Brazil next summer and also to keep his reputation high so big clubs can go for him when (or if) he is proved innocent to the rape allegations. It may sound absurd but it is the truth.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:38 - Jul 27 with 2149 viewsQPR1882

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:30 - Jul 27 by wittle

i think its been widely reported that remy has an escape clauss after relegation,he has not featured at all in pre season he has a rape case hanging over him and i would be amazed if he plays for us in the championship but i hope he does.If he does go , i would rather it was on loan as i would love him to lead the line for us SHOULD we return.

No team will buy him whilst he has the court case hanging over him. He is on bail until Sept so if the old bill don't charge him the the Jan window is when he goes.Newcastle are on a win / win situation taking him on loan.. if he is charged in Sept they hand him back and the problem is ours if not they get a great striker.

We have 23 games before Jan 1st potential of 69 points, would be suicide to play those 23 games without one of the best forwards in the Championship.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:39 - Jul 27 with 2139 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:35 - Jul 27 by owza

What makes you think he is going to stay with us if we come back up? To be honest we could use this rape allegation to our advantage. Personally, I don't think any club will come in for him with concrete cash for a permanent move because of the rape charge hanging over his head. So that means keeping him until his trial. He will want to play for us as he wants to be on the plane to Brazil next summer and also to keep his reputation high so big clubs can go for him when (or if) he is proved innocent to the rape allegations. It may sound absurd but it is the truth.

or he can play in the premier league for newcastle with all the other french players up there.I also dont feel we are gonna get top money for him with us being in the championship and the rape trial,dont get me wrong i would love him to tear up the championship with us but i dont see it happening when premier clubs are sniffing around him.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:43 - Jul 27 with 2126 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:38 - Jul 27 by QPR1882

No team will buy him whilst he has the court case hanging over him. He is on bail until Sept so if the old bill don't charge him the the Jan window is when he goes.Newcastle are on a win / win situation taking him on loan.. if he is charged in Sept they hand him back and the problem is ours if not they get a great striker.

We have 23 games before Jan 1st potential of 69 points, would be suicide to play those 23 games without one of the best forwards in the Championship.

thats fine if you think remy wants to play in the championship but i dont and i dont think arry does either.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:49 - Jul 27 with 2101 viewsQPR1882

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:43 - Jul 27 by wittle

thats fine if you think remy wants to play in the championship but i dont and i dont think arry does either.

He is contracted to QPR, he plays where we say so.

If he refuses then we don't pay him ( breach of contract ) heres the fun bit,we still hold his registration so he can't play for any other team unless we say so.

Hence the reason he will be playing for us this year.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:52 - Jul 27 with 2088 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:49 - Jul 27 by QPR1882

If he refuses then we don't pay him ( breach of contract ) heres the fun bit,we still hold his registration so he can't play for any other team unless we say so.

hope your right ,but its a bit niave to think players contracts count for a lot these days,if he downs tools and says he wants to go ,then he will go.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:55 - Jul 27 with 2073 viewsN12Hoop

I imagine this conversation in Newcastle. "We'll take the boy Remy on loan. The legals will be interesting. If he's charged with rape we'll send him back. If he's bailed to reappear we'll send him back if his head isn't on the job. And we'll name him in our 25 so after 2 weeks of the season we may only have a 24. Sound like a good idea to you fat Mike? Oh, by the way he's been injured the entire pre-season so we may not even have to buy him a shirt"
Despite the press and whatever anyone else says, I simply refuse to believe anyone will touch him Until his future is clearer.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:01 - Jul 27 with 2051 viewsVancouverHoop

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:49 - Jul 27 by QPR1882

Genuine question: when was the last time a club sued a player for breach of contract because he refused to play for them? Or a player sued the club for non-payment?

If they want to leave, they put in a transfer request. If the club says no, they've got an unhappy, possibly disruptive, player on their hands which suits nobody.

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:01 - Jul 27 with 2051 viewsowza

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 20:39 - Jul 27 by wittle

or he can play in the premier league for newcastle with all the other french players up there.I also dont feel we are gonna get top money for him with us being in the championship and the rape trial,dont get me wrong i would love him to tear up the championship with us but i dont see it happening when premier clubs are sniffing around him.

Thats the thing. The premier league clubs are JUST sniffing about and there are no concrete bids are there. It is all just rumours and nothing else. The only team to offer is Newcastle and that is a loan. I am sure if 'Arry rejects then Pardew will just leave it at that and won't fashion a new bid for Remy. The person who said Newcastle have a win win situation is totally right as if they get him on loan and he is convicted for rape then he just comes back to us leaving us with all sorts of problems. There will be no permanent move for Remy this summer and I am confident he will be playing for us in the championship next year and he will have to actually play for us otherwise he has little chance of going to Brazil or getting signed up by a premier league club. He would gain nothing if he just sulked and refused to play.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:04 - Jul 27 with 2040 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:01 - Jul 27 by VancouverHoop

Genuine question: when was the last time a club sued a player for breach of contract because he refused to play for them? Or a player sued the club for non-payment?

If they want to leave, they put in a transfer request. If the club says no, they've got an unhappy, possibly disruptive, player on their hands which suits nobody.

exactly,player has all the power now as is being shown by the likes of bosingwa and barton.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:08 - Jul 27 with 2023 viewsQPR1882

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:01 - Jul 27 by VancouverHoop

Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande are taking a battle agianst Lucas Barrios to FIFA, requesting a compensation of 25 million Euros and a 6-month sporting sanction, a top club official told Xinhua on Friday.

"The club officially submitted a statement of claim to FIFA on Friday as Barrios has breached the contract without any just cause," the official told Xinhua.

According to a leaked copy of the document, Guangzhou Evergrande requested Barrios to pay a total of 25 million Euros compensation. They also urged FIFA to give the Paraguayan striker a 6-month sporting sanction.

"Order Lucas Ramon Barrios to pay the total amount of EUR 25,000,000 as compensation for the breach of the Employment Contract without just cause.

Condemn Lucas Ramon Barrios to an ineligibility of 6 months according to the sporting sanctions stipulated in Article 17.3 of the FIFA Regulations." said the document.

The 28-year old Paraguayan striker has disappeared from the pitch since a month ago, when Chinese Super League (CSL) entered a short break at the end of May. Barrios returned to his country as he was in the national squad for the 2014 World Cup qualifier against Chile. But he never come back to the south China city of Guangzhou until Friday.

"The player was absent of all the training sessions and two CLS matches against Qingdao and Shanghai," the club official said.

Early this week, German and Argentinian media reported Barrios had asked FIFA to terminate his contract as the club defaulted on payments. Reports said the Ex-Durtmond striker was now a free player and seeking for a new home in Bundesliga.

However, FIFA told Xinhua that they had never received such appeal from Barrios until Wednesday.

"To this date, FIFA does not appear to have received any formal claim concerning an alleged contractual dispute opposing the player Lucas Barrios to the Chinese club, Guangzhou Evergrande FC," the football governing body said in an E-mail on Wednesday.

The club said they had honored the contract with the player all the way and it was Barrios who breached the contract without any reason.

"It was utterly ridiculous, the club made every payment clear and on time, we have complied the contract with Barrios all the time," a club official told Xinhua, "during his absence from June. 6 to now (June.28), neither had Barrios or his agent make any contact to the club."

"We have waited for Barrios' return for more than 3 weeks, now it is the time to take action." he added

According to FIFA, A Dispute Resolution Chamber will proceed the contractual dispute between the club and the player. The football governing body has not made any comment on this issue until Friday.

Barrios, who helped Borussia Dortmund win two titles in Bundesliga from 2010 to 2012, had signed a four-year deal with Guangzhou Evergrande in June last year on a record breaking transfer fee of 8.5 million Euros and reported yearly salary of 5 million.

Winning the CSL title for two consecutive years, Guangzhou Evergrande has becoming the most successful football club in China. Beside the record buy, the club also poured millions of Euros on Dario Conca, Elksson and Muriqui.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:21 - Jul 27 with 1989 viewsNorthernr

Not my money but I'd call everybody's bluff and say no loans whatsoever.

Remy, Cesar, Taarabt, Mbia and others are all going to be angling after a loan move because they know no other club will be stupid enough to pay them what we're paying them. So their agents will be plugging them to clubs as potentially a really cheap option - take them on loan, offer QPR 50% of the wage, they're desperate, they'll accept.

I'd say fck em. If you want to go and play football then go and accept a lower deal. If money is more important than stay here and rot.

But, like I say, not my money.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:23 - Jul 27 with 1984 viewswittle

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:21 - Jul 27 by Northernr

Not my money but I'd call everybody's bluff and say no loans whatsoever.

Remy, Cesar, Taarabt, Mbia and others are all going to be angling after a loan move because they know no other club will be stupid enough to pay them what we're paying them. So their agents will be plugging them to clubs as potentially a really cheap option - take them on loan, offer QPR 50% of the wage, they're desperate, they'll accept.

I'd say fck em. If you want to go and play football then go and accept a lower deal. If money is more important than stay here and rot.

But, like I say, not my money.

the only one i would loan out would be remy as thats the only one i would want back.
Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:26 - Jul 27 with 1974 viewsNorthernr

Newscastle look to take Remy on loan on 21:23 - Jul 27 by wittle

the only one i would loan out would be remy as thats the only one i would want back.

And if we don't go up?

I anticipate your answer being "well sell him"

so I'll add

"and if we don't got up and he has a poor season out on loan?"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024