Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Baird 19:09 - Aug 2 with 10973 viewsgobbles

I'm told we've agreed to sign Chris Baird on a free.
Chris Baird on 23:18 - Aug 2 with 2164 viewsrsonist

“Chris keeps passing to his own team, which is a new game we’re trying to play this year.

“He can play left-back, right-back, centre-half midfield; he’s a bright type. He only came in Thursday but I’ve always liked him.

“The players I’ve signed so far all speak the same language. You say ‘good morning’ and they say ‘good morning’ back. I want lads who want to be here and with that attitude.”
Chris Baird on 01:11 - Aug 3 with 2073 viewsowza

Chris Baird on 22:22 - Aug 2 by Hunterhoop

Baird is a dull as hell player. And a bit limited. BUT solid, good positional sense, knows the game inside out.

A back 4 of:

Baird Hill/Dunne Onouha Simpson

will, IMO have the best defensive record in the league....by quite some way.

I'm just concerned about our ability to dominate teams. Lumping it forward won't work with Zamora and wouldn't play to Austin's strengths. And playing a midfield with Henry Mbia, Park or Derry in the middle simply won't be able to keep the ball.

With our potential front line and back 4, we just need a midfield who can keep the ball! Best form of defence and being difficult to break down is to have the sodding ball. Faurlin or Granero must start.

Yeah except Dunne. I think he is a calamity. Had a poor pre season IMO and i disagree with Redknapp on that one. Anyway all is good, Chris Baird could have the Ryan Nelsen effect and I was over the moon we when got Charlie Austin. Looking a good side to be honest, buzzing for the game today.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2013 1:12]
Chris Baird on 11:34 - Aug 4 with 1949 viewsFFC1

Immortalised by Fulham fans for scoring 2 thunderbolts in the rain away at Stoke and for cracking Bullard in the face in training

Also responded to the 'We've got Bairdinho' chant having Bairdinho embroidered on his boots.

Top bloke, very dependable- we shouldn't have let him go
Chris Baird on 14:58 - Aug 4 with 1838 viewsTripper

To put things in perspective Steve Austin was valued at $6 million dollars in 1974 and he was barely alive. Wouldn't have passed a medical at Hull but look what he achieved.
Chris Baird on 15:10 - Aug 4 with 1807 viewscjc

Chris Baird on 14:58 - Aug 4 by Tripper

To put things in perspective Steve Austin was valued at $6 million dollars in 1974 and he was barely alive. Wouldn't have passed a medical at Hull but look what he achieved.

215 games in his career to date, not much for a 31 year old, he must be fresh as a daisy!!!

Quite happy with this, so fingers crossed. I think he will add definite metal to out beleagured defence.

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Chris Baird on 15:46 - Aug 4 with 1760 viewstoboboly

Chris Baird on 22:53 - Aug 2 by N12Hoop

Selected quotes from Harry to save you reading the article:

He’s a good pro and I like him.

I’ve always liked him.”

I like Gary.

Where's this left back thing come from? He was a right back/centre back/central midfielder. We don't need him as we have two RB's and enough central midfielders.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Chris Baird on 16:01 - Aug 4 with 1722 viewskomradkirk

good solid pro and can do a few positions. had a decent international career and has a rustic accent shall we say. "im fay armoy buy,way up here in the hills o country antrim hay,so i am" -
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024