Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
E-cigs at the Liberty 22:17 - Aug 3 with 14665 viewsSwanzay

As I was down in Swansea today I went to have a look at the new club shop, as I was strolling around the stadium I noticed there are new signs up saying e-cigs are not permitted?
This is more aimed at Phil S really, why?
Surely the club should prefer this to people trying to smoke normal cigs in the toilets etc.
There is no smoke smell as its water vapour, so wrong with that?
Also had a look around the RGB training facility, looks impressive, amazing how far we have come, especially with fairwood on the horizon.
Well worth a visit before the nature blocks the view!
E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:13 - Aug 4 with 2086 viewssunshinehead

E-cigs at the Liberty on 09:57 - Aug 4 by exiledclaseboy

Bloody hell there's some sensitive ex or non smokers on here. I don't really care whether they allow the use of Ecigs or not. As a smoker myself I've mastered the art of not smoking (or even craving) a cigarette for a couple of hours watching the game. Although I do think that the use of something harmless that encourages and actively helps people to stop smoking should be encouraged, not discouraged. But wider public health issues aren't Swansea City's problem so I shall leave all you people to your concern about the difficulty of a steward's job.

Seems there's some sensitive smokers here too. Bloody hell indeed.

Not like you, on the one hand you don't care, yet on the other you do.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:17 - Aug 4 with 2082 viewslifelong

E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:04 - Aug 4 by Darran

Have you them walking around town with them dangling from a rope around their necks?

F*cking idiots.

There's a stall at Carew market in Pembrokeshire and that's all he sells is E Cigs and a variety of equipment to accompany them. It's quite entertaining to spend 5 minutes watching the punters discussing the products with the stall holder.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:29 - Aug 4 with 2068 viewsDarran

E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:17 - Aug 4 by lifelong

There's a stall at Carew market in Pembrokeshire and that's all he sells is E Cigs and a variety of equipment to accompany them. It's quite entertaining to spend 5 minutes watching the punters discussing the products with the stall holder.

The people walking around with them hanging from their necks remind me of the morons that walk around with a mobile phone on their belts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:31 - Aug 4 with 2063 viewssunshinehead

E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:29 - Aug 4 by Darran

The people walking around with them hanging from their necks remind me of the morons that walk around with a mobile phone on their belts.

Don't see that much anymore. Feel sorry for the mugs who walk around with bluetooth receivers in they're ears though.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:50 - Aug 4 with 2050 viewsAndy1300

E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:04 - Aug 4 by mikraswan

Why is smoking of regular cigarettes not allowed: I mean it's outdoors isn't it?

It may be outside but it's technically an indoor space. Non smokers have a right not to breathe in the smoke.

What is so hard about not smoking for a couple of hours?

Surely people do it at work, so why not at the football.

Come into the ground at the last minute and leave at the whistle if it matters that much more than watching the build up or anything that may take place after the game.

Number 1 team in Wales

E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:50 - Aug 4 with 2050 viewsAndy1300

E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:04 - Aug 4 by Darran

Have you them walking around town with them dangling from a rope around their necks?

F*cking idiots.

I agree

Number 1 team in Wales

E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:52 - Aug 4 with 2045 viewsAndy1300

E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:29 - Aug 4 by Darran

Or keys dangling from their belt loops

Number 1 team in Wales

E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:56 - Aug 4 with 2044 viewsWindy_Miller

I wouldn't want some tw4t toking on an e-cig next to me all game ffs. Smokers are the Bain of life - should be banned in all public places imo. I can't understand anyone not being able to sit for 90 mins without puffing on a death stick.

Poll: After last seasons, which team would you like to beat the most next season?

Login to get fewer ads

E-cigs at the Liberty on 11:16 - Aug 4 with 2030 viewscosy121

why not ban drinking at the stadium,after all its only two hour.Whilst were at it ban all refreshment .
E-cigs at the Liberty on 11:19 - Aug 4 with 2026 viewsDarran

E-cigs at the Liberty on 11:16 - Aug 4 by cosy121

why not ban drinking at the stadium,after all its only two hour.Whilst were at it ban all refreshment .

Don't people ever go on planes?
Less than 2 hours without a cigarette,it's bizarre,it really is.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

E-cigs at the Liberty on 11:22 - Aug 4 with 2024 viewsmikraswan

E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:50 - Aug 4 by Andy1300

It may be outside but it's technically an indoor space. Non smokers have a right not to breathe in the smoke.

What is so hard about not smoking for a couple of hours?

Surely people do it at work, so why not at the football.

Come into the ground at the last minute and leave at the whistle if it matters that much more than watching the build up or anything that may take place after the game.

Yeah, technically inside! And so is a Zoo, a parkinglot or maybe even a public Beach. Next thing they're going to ban smoking in public Places too. This wich-hunt must stop!

Soon they'll be tracking Down beer drinkers, fat-food eaters or people who don't Work out on a regular basis; put them in concentration-camps. Then you'll be all alone with a halo around your head eating a carrot!

Success is temporary - loyalty is forever...

E-cigs at the Liberty on 11:25 - Aug 4 with 2023 viewsLord_Bony

E-cigs at the Liberty on 08:34 - Aug 4 by centrestandswan

Why not try snuff just as addictive and deadly as cigarettes but not banned at the Liberty.

Yeah maybe it s ok to shoot up some smack at half time.? Lol

On another note a guy I know has set up shop selling e cigs.

He is making a bloody fortune and is now opening a second.

Get on the band wagon while you can...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

E-cigs at the Liberty on 11:42 - Aug 4 with 1985 viewswilko

E-cigs at the Liberty on 01:09 - Aug 4 by Pacemaker

Whilst at my normal seat in the East stand on Thursday evening a gentleman who sits not too far away usually in a felt bowler hat (this week it was a fetching purple colour) began using a purple coloured what I assume was an e cigarette.

I then saw two stewards approach and speak to him at length, I assume the reason being as discussed above, I don't smoke and dislike the smell and effects on my health as a non smoker but surely this man was doing nothing wrong?

Very odd.

I sit quite close to this fella and the amount of vapour of his cig was more than a proper cig
E-cigs at the Liberty on 11:46 - Aug 4 with 1966 viewsEducated_Pork

I hear they're also banning mobile phones, kindles, radios and tablets.

And so they should. Surely people can go two hours without using electrical devices.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 11:59 - Aug 4 with 1946 viewsIce_Tea

The vapour, from most E Cigarettes, contains nicotine, which is toxic. So rightly or wrongly, that's why they're banned.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:00 - Aug 4 with 1811 viewswilko

E-cigs at the Liberty on 11:59 - Aug 4 by Ice_Tea

The vapour, from most E Cigarettes, contains nicotine, which is toxic. So rightly or wrongly, that's why they're banned.

not according to ecb on page 1 of this thread
E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:06 - Aug 4 with 1800 viewsPacemaker

E-cigs at the Liberty on 11:42 - Aug 4 by wilko

I sit quite close to this fella and the amount of vapour of his cig was more than a proper cig

I didn't see anything come from it but he lady who sits next to me said she could smell smoke which is how I came to look at this guy.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:08 - Aug 4 with 1795 viewsexiledclaseboy

E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:00 - Aug 4 by wilko

Ecigs deliver nicotine to the user without all the carcinogens that proper fags contain. So the addiction to nicotine is fed in a less harmful way. I don't think that the vapour exhaled contains nicotine but I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong. Even if it does nicotine, while being highly addictive, isn't especially harmful physically.

Poll: Tory leader

E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:14 - Aug 4 with 1785 viewswilko

E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:08 - Aug 4 by exiledclaseboy

Ecigs deliver nicotine to the user without all the carcinogens that proper fags contain. So the addiction to nicotine is fed in a less harmful way. I don't think that the vapour exhaled contains nicotine but I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong. Even if it does nicotine, while being highly addictive, isn't especially harmful physically.

can you use these on things on planes,buses trains etc etc ?
E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:17 - Aug 4 with 1781 viewsIce_Tea

E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:00 - Aug 4 by wilko

I did come across this

### In the United Kingdom, the use, sale and advertising of electronic cigarettes is legal. Electronic cigarettes are also allowed to be used inside pubs, coffee shops, etc. where the smoking of tobacco is illegal.###

So I suppose the decision to ban them at the Liberty is a bit strange. I suppose Stadco make the rules, but unlike a pub where customers can chose to drink elsewhere, Swans supporters are not going to go to another stadium, so they can smoke an electronic fag.

Still, although not all contain contain nicotine, some do, and they are toxic.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:17 - Aug 4 with 1779 viewsexiledclaseboy

E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:14 - Aug 4 by wilko

can you use these on things on planes,buses trains etc etc ?

Yes, unless the company involved has chosen to ban them as a company rule. It wouldn't be illegal to use them in the Liberty but the authorities have decided not to allow them, which is their right. They're not against the law and don't come under the auspices of the legally enforceable smoking ban in public places.

Poll: Tory leader

E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:30 - Aug 4 with 1772 viewsEducated_Pork

E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:17 - Aug 4 by Ice_Tea

I did come across this

### In the United Kingdom, the use, sale and advertising of electronic cigarettes is legal. Electronic cigarettes are also allowed to be used inside pubs, coffee shops, etc. where the smoking of tobacco is illegal.###

So I suppose the decision to ban them at the Liberty is a bit strange. I suppose Stadco make the rules, but unlike a pub where customers can chose to drink elsewhere, Swans supporters are not going to go to another stadium, so they can smoke an electronic fag.

Still, although not all contain contain nicotine, some do, and they are toxic.

You have to admire the club. They still get to hide behind Stadco when making daft decisions.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:44 - Aug 4 with 1749 viewsBrynmill_Jack

E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:04 - Aug 4 by mikraswan

Why is smoking of regular cigarettes not allowed: I mean it's outdoors isn't it?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:51 - Aug 4 with 1745 viewsSmellyplumz

E-cigs at the Liberty on 08:34 - Aug 4 by centrestandswan

Why not try snuff just as addictive and deadly as cigarettes but not banned at the Liberty.

better still try chewing tobacco now that really packs a punch, like smoking 6 fags at once

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:57 - Aug 4 with 1737 viewsBrynmill_Jack

E-cigs at the Liberty on 12:51 - Aug 4 by Smellyplumz

better still try chewing tobacco now that really packs a punch, like smoking 6 fags at once

Yeah but cancer of the gob awaits anyone who does that with any regularity

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024