Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect 12:29 - Aug 4 with 11892 viewsQPunkR

disclaimer;this is all IMHO obviously.

I was absolutely flabbergasted by 1,000s of our fans at the game yesterday singing 'one Joey Barton' even before he'd kicked a ball.
This guy has been systematically cúnting the Club off for the past year, saying he wouldn't come back, wouldn't be playing in the Championship, and saying he felt ashamed of himself for signing for us, when he only came for the money.
In addition to that, when he did play 2 seasons ago, he was fúcking abysmal.
The only, single good thing that Scouse waster has done for the Club was get hauled off against Liverpool. He did play reasonably well yesterday, but that is not reason for ppl wanting to w@nk him off. Played one superb ball to Toilett and was generally tidy in posession, but also played some random awful balls straight into touch.
If he'd come back and scored a hattrick or played consistently well after a few games then I could someway understand ppl cheering his name, but to single him out as some kind of saviour above everyone else completely baffles me. I will not forget how he's treated us. He could be bl00dy Pele and I wouldn't want him wearing the Hoops again.

To me the cúnt is one short step above Boswanker.

I'd like to know why everyone, but everyone, hated Boswanker so much and yet can sing 'one Joey Barton'.

One Joey Barton? Thank fúck there aren't more of the cúnt. I just pray to all that's holy that some stupid Turkish or Middle Eastern club comes in and takes him off our hands before the end of the transfer window so we can just wash our hands of the stain, or that he attacks another 14 year old so we can rip up his contract

QPR - "shit but local"

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:39 - Aug 4 with 6667 viewsTheBlob

Feel better now do we?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:40 - Aug 4 with 6661 viewsQPunkR

Obviously everyone's entitled to their own opinion on the matter, I'm just genuinely baffled as to what the twerp's done to warrant being hailed back at Loftus Rd as a home-coming hero

QPR - "shit but local"

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:42 - Aug 4 with 6635 viewsQPunkR

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:39 - Aug 4 by TheBlob

Feel better now do we?

Better

QPR - "shit but local"

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:43 - Aug 4 with 6629 viewsTacticalR

A QPR man through and through, surely?

Air hostess clique

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:46 - Aug 4 with 6604 viewsscot1963

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:42 - Aug 4 by QPunkR

Better

I'm with you , it's not about the football for me, what he does on the pitch (and that is nothing spectacular) is overshadowed by the fact that he's a nasty piece of work and always will be - I thought it before he was with us and I haven't changed my opinion
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:46 - Aug 4 with 6599 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I agree that he is and has been disrespectful to the club, and is not a player i love. However if we all booed him and gave him abuse yesterday, then he probably would have underperformed, and if underperformed i am not sure we would have won yesterday. Joey is a prick, lets face it. But on his day can be a good player and useful to us in the Championship. So while he is here and with us i am not going to boo or want him out, i will support him so our team wins

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:49 - Aug 4 with 6569 viewsShackletonR

Calm down dear its only a game of football, he has his pro's and con's so have a glass of red with your Sunday roast and think we won yesterday so clean slate for ever gets picked.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:49 - Aug 4 with 6567 viewsTheBlob

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:46 - Aug 4 by scot1963

I'm with you , it's not about the football for me, what he does on the pitch (and that is nothing spectacular) is overshadowed by the fact that he's a nasty piece of work and always will be - I thought it before he was with us and I haven't changed my opinion

But you don't hold grudges do you.

Login to get fewer ads

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:52 - Aug 4 with 6546 viewsQPunkR

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:46 - Aug 4 by RANGERS4EVER

I agree that he is and has been disrespectful to the club, and is not a player i love. However if we all booed him and gave him abuse yesterday, then he probably would have underperformed, and if underperformed i am not sure we would have won yesterday. Joey is a prick, lets face it. But on his day can be a good player and useful to us in the Championship. So while he is here and with us i am not going to boo or want him out, i will support him so our team wins

That's my point though. I wasn't saying we should all boo him, and if he were able to show the ability to get his head down and play well for us (and I reserve judgement on that) I could totally understand people tolerating the odious tw@t.
But he'd done nothing to vindicate himself and was being hailed from the rafters, that's what I don't get at all

QPR - "shit but local"

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:53 - Aug 4 with 6535 viewsTacticalR

Let's see if he can keep his cool when the oppo decide to target him.

Air hostess clique

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:54 - Aug 4 with 6528 viewsscot1963

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:49 - Aug 4 by TheBlob

But you don't hold grudges do you.

Only a couple, Barton doesn't affect me from day to day generally - I hardly ever think about him to be honest
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:58 - Aug 4 with 6507 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:52 - Aug 4 by QPunkR

That's my point though. I wasn't saying we should all boo him, and if he were able to show the ability to get his head down and play well for us (and I reserve judgement on that) I could totally understand people tolerating the odious tw@t.
But he'd done nothing to vindicate himself and was being hailed from the rafters, that's what I don't get at all

I agree with you there, i was so surprised when i saw the roar he got from the crowd

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:59 - Aug 4 with 6503 viewshoopstilidie

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:52 - Aug 4 by QPunkR

I don't think for one minute it was meant in a hero worship kind of way, more in a psychological booster.
And if that was the intent then judging by his comment about the undeserved reception he got humbling him then it may just have had the right impact on him.

Understand where you are coming from and I've been as vociferous as anybody in my condemnation of Barton and his antics but if it took that to get him onside then I'll swallow it.

All I ask from the management is that players are picked on merit and nobody gets a start for reputation alone. If that happens and the player performs then they get my backing, whatever their name is.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:02 - Aug 4 with 6490 viewsTheBlob

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:58 - Aug 4 by RANGERS4EVER

I agree with you there, i was so surprised when i saw the roar he got from the crowd

Perhaps the R's faithful have a highly developed belief in the concept of Redemption?Perhaps it was roars of encouragement?Perhaps it was the ultimate evocation of self respect?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2013 13:03]

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:05 - Aug 4 with 6469 viewsRanger78

I agree.

It is crazy how lots of fans have reacted. I actually think he is a very good player and due to his nature will always give 100% when he's on the pitch. As a player, I think he could make a real difference for us and think he would have done last year.

However, this is a player whose current defining QPR moment was the Man City disgrace, he has also spent the whole summer tweeting his feelings about being desperate to leave???

If we compare the reaction from fans on this message board and lots I spoke to yesterday about how they feel about Tarrabt, it's crazy. Lots on here are desperate for Adel to leave because he doesn't want to be here, has a bad attitude ect ect. Yet Adel's defining moments have been far more positive and as far as I'm aware, he has never publicaly asked to leave.

The contrast in reactions is crazy. It seems Redknapp has lots to do with it, he hates Adel as a person so spins it to us all about how much he wants to leave and doesn't try so people believe it... they forget the all the great stuff. HR tells everyone that Barton is a good guy and he's not been a minutes problem .... all of sudden, everyone forgets the bad stuff and treats him like some kind of god?!?
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:08 - Aug 4 with 6446 viewsHollowayRanger

I AGREE it would have been better to scream abuse at him boo him non stop and watch him flip and get red carded

he was our 2nd best player yesterday behind hoilett that cross field pass to hoilett who then cut inside and almost scored was outstanding and he put in more quality crosses yesterday then anyone managed last season

i would never cheer him not yet anyway but he was a major asset yesterday and IF he cuts the crap on twitter and carries on playing like that then he deserves to play week in week out

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:10 - Aug 4 with 6428 viewsQPunkR

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:02 - Aug 4 by TheBlob

Perhaps the R's faithful have a highly developed belief in the concept of Redemption?Perhaps it was roars of encouragement?Perhaps it was the ultimate evocation of self respect?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2013 13:03]

Really Blob? Redemption?

And what, pray tell, did he do or say exactly before kickoff to warrant this?
Nor were they roars of encouragement, but then again you know that. A spot of trolling doesn't always seem below you

QPR - "shit but local"

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:13 - Aug 4 with 6415 viewsTheBlob

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:10 - Aug 4 by QPunkR

Really Blob? Redemption?

And what, pray tell, did he do or say exactly before kickoff to warrant this?
Nor were they roars of encouragement, but then again you know that. A spot of trolling doesn't always seem below you

Trolling?A bit harsh.Just putting forward a perfectly valid hypothesis.

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:20 - Aug 4 with 6369 viewswhittocksRs

Hot to say I was surprised by the 'One Joey Barton' chant and the standing ovation he got when coming off. I didn't join in with either as he's got a long way to go to get back in my good books but there's no denying he gives us something extra in midfield against the Championship standard of player.

If he gives us a full season of that kind of commitment and form, he'll have redeemed himself partly. I think it is important to remember that Joey Barton only ever gives a fook about Joey Barton, so don't be surprised if he starts causing unrest later in the season. For now, things seem positive though.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:20 - Aug 4 with 6368 viewseghamranger

New Season

New Barton

MOTM for me

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:23 - Aug 4 with 6358 viewsQPunkR

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:13 - Aug 4 by TheBlob

Trolling?A bit harsh.Just putting forward a perfectly valid hypothesis.

Wasn't really though, was it.
Trolling was a bit harsh, I meant more an attempt to get ppl to bite.

QPR - "shit but local"

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:29 - Aug 4 with 6323 viewsMonkey

I couldn't believe it either that Barton was afforded some kind of returning hero status. Remind me again what he's done for us?

Fair enough applauding him leaving the pitch after putting in a largely decent performance and I'm not advocating booing players but to cheer him in such a way before he'd even kicked a ball? Was amazed. Hope you all remember it when he's slagging off the club again.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:30 - Aug 4 with 6320 viewsTheBlob

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:23 - Aug 4 by QPunkR

Wasn't really though, was it.
Trolling was a bit harsh, I meant more an attempt to get ppl to bite.

Yes it is perfectly valid at a time in society where encouragement of a miscreant is very much a policy.
So people who don't agree with you are trolls eh?
Fair enough.

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:33 - Aug 4 with 6303 viewsQPunkR

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:30 - Aug 4 by TheBlob

Yes it is perfectly valid at a time in society where encouragement of a miscreant is very much a policy.
So people who don't agree with you are trolls eh?
Fair enough.

Nope, I even said at the beginning of the thread that everyone's obviously entitled to their own opinion.
The reason I said it to you is that you come across as a contrarian

QPR - "shit but local"

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:38 - Aug 4 with 6276 viewsTheBlob

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:33 - Aug 4 by QPunkR

Nope, I even said at the beginning of the thread that everyone's obviously entitled to their own opinion.
The reason I said it to you is that you come across as a contrarian

A contrarian?No I'm not.

Walked into that one there mate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024