Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
De Guzman or Shelvey? 03:20 - Aug 9 with 10998 viewsSimonSwansea

I know it's very early days, but we've seen 90 mins each in a euro game. Just wondering who you prefer (or like the look of)?

A lot of arguments I know, Shelvey was probably involved in the more attacking game, and de Guzman looked tidier on the ball away from home.

World Cup year and both will be pushing for a international position... Nice competition to have!?

De Guzman looked out of it today... Not into his dead ball play either, seems wayward (COC final penalty aside)! Not escape goating! Any Dutch international is welcome!

Whoops, forgot about Ki! Like him, but probably a backup/cup player unfortunately despite a decent pre season. As long as he's not sh*gged out by his hot misses, hoping for a better season from him.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2013 3:28]
De Guzman or Shelvey? on 15:03 - Aug 9 with 3787 viewswr72

Far too early to say.I've always thought we can do better than De Guzman though and I think Shelvey might be just that.

Poor end of the season from JDG and a poor first game.He's here all season though so plenty of time to put that right.But for that alone and Shelvey's promising start with us,i think Jonjo should get the nod.
De Guzman or Shelvey? on 15:19 - Aug 9 with 3770 viewsmikl0s

Tbh Pozuelo was waaaaaaaaaaay to central focus and ruined the flow in mid. Even though I rate him highly for the future I think with Dyer or Pablo on the wing that match would have been completely different.

I do agree however that JDG needs to train set pieces a lot more to become the default choice.

If Bony and Michu start to gel.....oh my

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 16:14 - Aug 9 with 3751 viewsDrGonzo

How many goals did J De Guzman score last season and how many assists did he get? assists from the dreadful crosses and set piece he takes of course.
De Guzman or Shelvey? on 17:22 - Aug 9 with 3713 viewsDrizzy

10 goals. 8 assists. Scored a free kick vs Stoke too.

Daft c*nts everywhere.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 17:34 - Aug 9 with 3702 viewsDarran

I'm not sure if De Guzman will be having things all his way this season,he may be spending more time than he'll like on the bench.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 19:20 - Aug 9 with 3668 viewsmawdlamjack

jdg got no hwyl, slows play up when a quick break is on, lousy dead ball, dont tackle. these are all observations from last season, yes he had a few good games but many more mediocre ones. shelvey has everything to prove but at least he tries in all the areas where jdg fails, ki should have a chance as atm as well, i feel that atm jdg is third choice and is going to get a lot of bench splinters unless he can raise his game significantly

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 19:47 - Aug 9 with 3660 viewsRevolutionaryJack

this is a bit pointless really they are very different players playing in the same position.
Shelvey is a more expansive umm lets say "direct" player looking to put in a all action performence pinging balls about left, right while occasionally loosing the ball great for playing at home or when we are more likely to dominate and when we are chasing a game.
Now Dezzy is a more controlled player keeping possesion making sure every thing is ticking over not looking to lose the ball yes "slows" thing down all with a reason in mind keep the ball and keep the opisition running his sets peices was poor against malmo but he will get better Dezzy is the guy you want on them tricky away days especially in europe after we smash whoever it is at the Liberty.

Now am i being ???? but i think im spot on if i say so myself

I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves.

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 19:58 - Aug 9 with 3644 viewsbermudajack

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 19:47 - Aug 9 by RevolutionaryJack

this is a bit pointless really they are very different players playing in the same position.
Shelvey is a more expansive umm lets say "direct" player looking to put in a all action performence pinging balls about left, right while occasionally loosing the ball great for playing at home or when we are more likely to dominate and when we are chasing a game.
Now Dezzy is a more controlled player keeping possesion making sure every thing is ticking over not looking to lose the ball yes "slows" thing down all with a reason in mind keep the ball and keep the opisition running his sets peices was poor against malmo but he will get better Dezzy is the guy you want on them tricky away days especially in europe after we smash whoever it is at the Liberty.

Now am i being ???? but i think im spot on if i say so myself

Shelvey ATM until he has a poor game

Then JDG until he has a poor game

Then KSY until he has a poor game etc, etc, etc

Great that we have choices innit :-)

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Login to get fewer ads

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 22:13 - Aug 9 with 3615 viewsVetchitBack

Shelvey ad infinitum.

De Guzman made me swear in front of my nephew.

Really wish someone told him he can't shoot, take free-kicks/corners.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 22:18 - Aug 9 with 3607 viewsDr_Winston

It'll almost be worth Shelvey playing like a minge from September onwards so all the f*cking eejits who have written De Guzman off so easily can look stupid.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 22:22 - Aug 9 with 3602 viewsVetchitBack

And In my opinion he was lucky to enjoy so much game time in a very good team Swans team lets not forget. Of course he did some good things but a broken clock is right twice day.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 22:25 - Aug 9 with 3598 viewsDarran

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 22:22 - Aug 9 by VetchitBack

And In my opinion he was lucky to enjoy so much game time in a very good team Swans team lets not forget. Of course he did some good things but a broken clock is right twice day.

That's quite a pathetic post to be honest.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 22:30 - Aug 9 with 3595 viewsDr_Winston

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 22:25 - Aug 9 by Darran

That's quite a pathetic post to be honest.

Yup.

Let's be honest, people have been queuing up to have a pop at De Guzman since day one. His track record stands up to ANY scrutiny.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 22:38 - Aug 9 with 3591 viewsthe_gasman

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:39 - Aug 9 by ihatechopra

Shelvey by a mile in the country !

I saw Shelvey at Yeovil and Reading, seeing what he can do up close too my breath away. Shelvey will shine.

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:51 - Aug 10 with 3514 viewsKingBony

Shelvey has had a great start tbf, I forget he's 21 and you can tell he is a confidence player ATM probably due to his age. He will have a big impact I'm sure, I think it's fair to say he's surprised a lot of us. However wring off JDG is really really stupid. He didn't end the campaign that great....then again who did? Michu and a few others aside?
JDG is a quality footballer who will continue to score and provide assists this season.
The earlier post about what's required at home/away was a good point. I always thought JDG looked more impressive in away games last year. Shelvey might drive the team on more at home when we are up against it or looking to turn a draw into a win. Temperament and composure is something JDG has in abundance, Jonjo will need to work on these areas, they really are different types of player but boy I'm excited to see both of them this season and rather have them both in our team than not.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 11:15 - Aug 10 with 3431 viewsgibs0n

Two different players who should not be compared. We need different players since we have different opponents. JDG has shown more than Shelvey. But Shelvey has only played 1 game, so lets evaluate them around January.
De Guzman or Shelvey? on 11:42 - Aug 10 with 3423 viewsLaudrupFan

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 11:15 - Aug 10 by gibs0n

Two different players who should not be compared. We need different players since we have different opponents. JDG has shown more than Shelvey. But Shelvey has only played 1 game, so lets evaluate them around January.

Gibs0n, normally you make very good opinions on here. Not this time.

You do not want to compare 2 players, playing in the same club at the same time in the same position, because they are different? When would you compare players then?

Shelvey has played more than 1 game. He has played games since childhood, for Charlton, Liverpool, Blackpool and Swansea. For Swansea he has also played more than 1 game.

You want to evaluate Shelvey and JDG in January. So you would continue to use an inferior player for half the games during half a season before evaluating them?

Poll: Are any further transfers needed in this window?

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 14:16 - Aug 10 with 3380 viewsperchrockjack

What defines writing a player off?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:46 - Aug 11 with 3239 viewsharemscarem

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 19:20 - Aug 9 by mawdlamjack

jdg got no hwyl, slows play up when a quick break is on, lousy dead ball, dont tackle. these are all observations from last season, yes he had a few good games but many more mediocre ones. shelvey has everything to prove but at least he tries in all the areas where jdg fails, ki should have a chance as atm as well, i feel that atm jdg is third choice and is going to get a lot of bench splinters unless he can raise his game significantly

So many people seeing all in black or white. Suddenly JDG can't do anything right, and Pozuelo was the man to criticize when talking about the wings.

JDG is not that bad, and his set pieces are not always that bad. I too prefer Shelvey, but I actually thing JDG had a stabil level last year, and that's why he is good to have in our squad this year.

It was a game that was already decided, and it was hard to do anything about there compact block defence. They would avoid another big loss at any cost.

Pozuelo was not that bad either IMO. It is right that he spend a lot of time in the middle, but he also did found space, and in the end of the game he made a wonderful pass/loop from that position. I also think Pozuelo will be better as ATM, but he might also do find as a winger, when having another back behind him.

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:47 - Aug 11 with 3238 viewsharemscarem

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 11:15 - Aug 10 by gibs0n

This!

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:49 - Aug 11 with 3236 viewsharemscarem

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 17:22 - Aug 9 by Drizzy

10 goals. 8 assists. Scored a free kick vs Stoke too.

Daft c*nts everywhere.

Impressive!

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 09:58 - Aug 11 with 3225 viewsgibs0n

De Guzman or Shelvey? on 11:42 - Aug 10 by LaudrupFan

Gibs0n, normally you make very good opinions on here. Not this time.

You do not want to compare 2 players, playing in the same club at the same time in the same position, because they are different? When would you compare players then?

Shelvey has played more than 1 game. He has played games since childhood, for Charlton, Liverpool, Blackpool and Swansea. For Swansea he has also played more than 1 game.

You want to evaluate Shelvey and JDG in January. So you would continue to use an inferior player for half the games during half a season before evaluating them?

Laudrupfan>

I'm pretty sure ML will sometimes choose JDG and sometimes JS. And I'm sure it will be based on the who is opponent, because they have different qualities.
But... should I pick one now, I take Dutch Internatiol JDG. JS has only played more or less one game for Swansea unless you count training etc. under ML. If he played well under Kenny Dalglish he will not necessary play well under ML. JS had a promising start - thats all so far.
De Guzman or Shelvey? on 10:06 - Aug 11 with 3221 viewspencoedjack

What a nice position to be in ......

Big fan of JDG, but this season any poor performances will result in a player being dropped.

JJS for me against the Manc's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024