Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#donotgogentleswans 19:04 - Aug 12 with 26700 viewsel_pancho

Does anyone else think this is the most embarrassing attempt at a motivational hashtag?

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

#donotgogentleswans on 17:00 - Aug 13 with 2971 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

#donotgogentleswans on 16:10 - Aug 13 by matt_the_jack

Bayern Munich play goal music

I can guarantee whatever it is, it will be better than the shit they pump through our loud speakers.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

#donotgogentleswans on 17:02 - Aug 13 with 2966 viewsmatt_the_jack

#donotgogentleswans on 17:00 - Aug 13 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

I can guarantee whatever it is, it will be better than the shit they pump through our loud speakers.

This is what they play

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

#donotgogentleswans on 17:17 - Aug 13 with 2911 viewsel_pancho

#donotgogentleswans on 16:46 - Aug 13 by Devz00

Sorry, i'm not trying to be rude here at all. I think the fact they've used a Dylan Thomas poem and included the word Swans in it shows identity to the area and the team. The poem could also be classed as motivational and something a bit different. It's subjective.

I would say that with the example that you gave, #GoCardinalsGo, there is nothing innovative or clever. It's very basic. If we had the hashtag #ComeOnYouSwans or something then nobody would even talk about it. It would be bland.

The very reason this thread exists shows that you noticed the hashtag and so it's got people talking.

You can agree to disagree and that's fine. But, it's subjective. All the things you just mentioned could easily be seen in the # donotgogentleswans, in my opinion.

Not at all.

For me it's a vague link to the swans and not one average Joe would make.

The hashtags primary use should be on social networks, and as you said, returns very few search results. Therefore in my opinion is not successful.

I completely agree that it is all subjective, but if people are not using it then what is the point?

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

#donotgogentleswans on 17:39 - Aug 13 with 2887 viewsSpratty

The poem is still very clearly about fighting death — seems hardly appropriate

I fancy someone got the idea when sitting in Pizza Express and looking at the Dylan Thomas quotes on the wall one Orange Wednesday

Speaking of death, dire as us having goal musac is, surprisingly it seems BMs is similar but dirgier. Complete with giant air blown figures flapping about and seemingly cutesy little script between the announcer and fans. Oh dear.
#donotgogentleswans on 17:42 - Aug 13 with 2886 viewsDarran

#donotgogentleswans on 17:39 - Aug 13 by Spratty

The poem is still very clearly about fighting death — seems hardly appropriate

I fancy someone got the idea when sitting in Pizza Express and looking at the Dylan Thomas quotes on the wall one Orange Wednesday

Speaking of death, dire as us having goal musac is, surprisingly it seems BMs is similar but dirgier. Complete with giant air blown figures flapping about and seemingly cutesy little script between the announcer and fans. Oh dear.

Imagine hearing the goal music several times on Saturday,what a f*cking disaster that would be.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

#donotgogentleswans on 17:43 - Aug 13 with 2884 viewsSpratty

#donotgogentleswans on 17:42 - Aug 13 by Darran

Imagine hearing the goal music several times on Saturday,what a f*cking disaster that would be.

Think we would cope
#donotgogentleswans on 19:28 - Aug 13 with 2855 viewsJonezy

#donotgogentleswans on 17:43 - Aug 13 by Spratty

Think we would cope

For those suggesting fans who criticise the goal music would rather us not score....that's just stupid.

Goal music is the definition of tinpot and it is infuriating when we are winning fans and admirers all over the footballing world by operating as a class act on the pitch, but operating like a Championship club off it.

The Liberty is lacking in atmosphere at the best of times and goal music does nothing to help that. We didn't need any music played onto the North Bank after a goal, pure ferocity was enough back then.

As for Bayern Munich, German football culture is very different to ours. They have a conductor for starters.

"Take my hand...."

#donotgogentleswans on 19:35 - Aug 13 with 2847 viewsexiledclaseboy

Never ceases to amaze me what some people will find to whine about in the absence of real things to worry about.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

#donotgogentleswans on 19:42 - Aug 13 with 2841 viewsDarran

#donotgogentleswans on 19:28 - Aug 13 by Jonezy

For those suggesting fans who criticise the goal music would rather us not score....that's just stupid.

Goal music is the definition of tinpot and it is infuriating when we are winning fans and admirers all over the footballing world by operating as a class act on the pitch, but operating like a Championship club off it.

The Liberty is lacking in atmosphere at the best of times and goal music does nothing to help that. We didn't need any music played onto the North Bank after a goal, pure ferocity was enough back then.

As for Bayern Munich, German football culture is very different to ours. They have a conductor for starters.

I think it's more fans couldn't give a f*ck about goal music if we score goals myself but you carry on.

#donotgogentleswans on 20:20 - Aug 13 with 2830 viewsSpratty

#donotgogentleswans on 19:35 - Aug 13 by exiledclaseboy

Never ceases to amaze me what some people will find to whine about in the absence of real things to worry about.

Flood, war, famine and pestilence? Its a football forum not the League of Nations.

Just one of many ways to while away time until the four horsemen take us or the season starts whichever is the sooner.
#donotgogentleswans on 20:24 - Aug 13 with 2827 viewsJonezy

#donotgogentleswans on 19:42 - Aug 13 by Darran

I think it's more fans couldn't give a f*ck about goal music if we score goals myself but you carry on.

Well let's bin this forum off then fella as you could say that about most of the threads on here.

As long as we're scoring goals!

"Take my hand...."

#donotgogentleswans on 20:27 - Aug 13 with 2824 viewsDarran

#donotgogentleswans on 20:24 - Aug 13 by Jonezy

Well let's bin this forum off then fella as you could say that about most of the threads on here.

As long as we're scoring goals!

Who because I don't agree with you and don't give a f*ck about goal music?

#donotgogentleswans on 20:41 - Aug 13 with 2806 viewsJonezy

#donotgogentleswans on 20:27 - Aug 13 by Darran

Who because I don't agree with you and don't give a f*ck about goal music?

Because of your petulant attitude.

If you really 'don't give a f*ck' then why have you posted the most comments on this thread, without actually offering more than numerous derogatory comments laced with expletives?

"Take my hand...."

#donotgogentleswans on 20:45 - Aug 13 with 2803 viewsDarran

#donotgogentleswans on 20:41 - Aug 13 by Jonezy

Because of your petulant attitude.

If you really 'don't give a f*ck' then why have you posted the most comments on this thread, without actually offering more than numerous derogatory comments laced with expletives?

Ooh sorry.

#donotgogentleswans on 20:47 - Aug 13 with 2800 viewsgykes

"Ambition is critical" would have been better IMO, but I'll settle 4 something decent than nothing at all. Not a very important issue though really. Roll on Saturday!

Building it up in black and white since 1996!

#donotgogentleswans on 20:48 - Aug 13 with 2800 viewsperchrockjack

apart from the likes of ,150%, literally...,tragedy get a life is the most overused phrase of pure drivel today

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

#donotgogentleswans on 22:33 - Aug 13 with 2772 viewsW_Hunt

#donotgogentleswans on 20:48 - Aug 13 by perchrockjack

apart from the likes of ,150%, literally...,tragedy get a life is the most overused phrase of pure drivel today

Where did Dylan Thomas write "Do not go gentle Swans?"

It's a f*cking embarassment, as is the supremely f*cking naff goal music.

It makes us look like a two bob youth club outfit run by a ton-up vicar.

Someone have a f*cking word. Please.
#donotgogentleswans on 22:57 - Aug 13 with 2760 viewsKingBony

#donotgogentleswans on 22:33 - Aug 13 by W_Hunt

Where did Dylan Thomas write "Do not go gentle Swans?"

It's a f*cking embarassment, as is the supremely f*cking naff goal music.

It makes us look like a two bob youth club outfit run by a ton-up vicar.

Someone have a f*cking word. Please.

Fuc.k off you bell I like it!

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

#donotgogentleswans on 23:01 - Aug 13 with 2756 viewsDarran

#donotgogentleswans on 22:57 - Aug 13 by KingBony

Fuc.k off you bell I like it!

Innit what a big massive blanket he really is.

#donotgogentleswans on 23:08 - Aug 13 with 2753 viewsKingBony

#donotgogentleswans on 23:01 - Aug 13 by Darran

Innit what a big massive blanket he really is.

Yeah grow up Mr. Hunt and stop being such a blanket.. Boo hoo #donotgogentleswans

#donotgogentleswans on 23:10 - Aug 13 with 2751 viewsDarran

#donotgogentleswans on 23:08 - Aug 13 by KingBony

Yeah grow up Mr. Hunt and stop being such a blanket.. Boo hoo #donotgogentleswans

C*ntpipe mun.

#donotgogentleswans on 23:14 - Aug 13 with 2748 viewssidekick_jack

#donotgogentleswans on 19:28 - Aug 13 by Jonezy

No goal music at the Vetch?

Ummmm...
#donotgogentleswans on 23:21 - Aug 13 with 2743 viewsW_Hunt

#donotgogentleswans on 23:08 - Aug 13 by KingBony

I'm surrounded by f*cking idiots.
#donotgogentleswans on 23:35 - Aug 13 with 2738 viewsKingBony

#donotgogentleswans on 23:21 - Aug 13 by W_Hunt

I'm surrounded by f*cking idiots.

Ah don't be like that buddy

#donotgogentleswans on 08:40 - Aug 14 with 2711 viewsshandyjack

I like the goal music, i also like the idea of the announcer joining in with the crowd, although all that would be wasted with our shit PA system.

Heres hoping we here Daddy Cool at least twice on saturday #donotgogentleswans

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024