Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Club Shop and VAT question 12:39 - Sep 2 with 2178 viewsBstokeranger

I know its not as exciting as transfer deadline day but is there any guys or girls out there that can give a bit VAT advice.
I just bought something online from the club shop to be sent to my address in Australia. On checkout they charged me the VAT and this was confirmed in the email invoice receipt.
I emailed questioning this to be told they charge VAT on everything and I can claim the VAT back from my home country.
A further email was sent by me saying that this incorrect and they basically don't know what they are doing. I was informed that it is in the hands of the manager.
Over a week later no response.
So today the package arrived and the invoice in the package says the original purchase price (which was originally inclusive of VAT) and that the VAT was zero.
So are the club ripping off overseas buyers by charging the VAT in the price and making up an invoice so they don't have to declare on their returns?

Sorry fit dragging that out but I get the impression they don't really know what they are doing and was wondering if anyone else had experienced this.
QPR Club Shop and VAT question on 12:44 - Sep 2 with 2164 viewsElHoop

They shouldn't charge VAT if it's an adult kit or other item sent to Australia. A child's kit would be zero rated anyway, regardless of where it goes. Was it a child's kit?
QPR Club Shop and VAT question on 12:56 - Sep 2 with 2145 viewsBstokeranger

QPR Club Shop and VAT question on 12:44 - Sep 2 by ElHoop

They shouldn't charge VAT if it's an adult kit or other item sent to Australia. A child's kit would be zero rated anyway, regardless of where it goes. Was it a child's kit?

No it was an adult polo shirt.
I said in my original email to them that everything sent directly overseas should be VAT exempt but they didn't seem to agree.
We are not talking a lot of money but its the principal of it as I bet they don't declare that on any returns
QPR Club Shop and VAT question on 13:00 - Sep 2 with 2131 viewsElHoop

They don't have to declare VAT if it isn't due, so they are just overcharging you by 20% and keeping the money. I assume that they are charging carriage?

I would take it up with Beard.
QPR Club Shop and VAT question on 13:28 - Sep 2 with 2087 viewsBstokeranger

QPR Club Shop and VAT question on 13:00 - Sep 2 by ElHoop

They don't have to declare VAT if it isn't due, so they are just overcharging you by 20% and keeping the money. I assume that they are charging carriage?

I would take it up with Beard.

Cheers el
That's kinda what I meant by not declaring it as they don't have to but still charge the customers 20%.
Seems a bit poor from a company of this size
QPR Club Shop and VAT question on 13:37 - Sep 2 with 2074 viewsderbyhoop

If you have to choose between conspiracy and cockup, go for the latter every time. Likelihood os that people in the shop do not know the rules on VAT. But the club's Finance Director should know. Once the invoice was queries, they'd have been well advised to put out a holding response until they'd clarified the situation.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR Club Shop and VAT question on 13:54 - Sep 2 with 2053 viewsPinnerPaul

From HMRC site
VAT on exports of goods to non-EU countries
VAT is a tax charged on goods used in the EU, so if goods are exported outside the EU, VAT isn't charged. You can zero-rate the sale, provided you get and keep evidence of the export, and comply with all other laws. You must also make sure the goods are exported, and you must get the evidence, within three months from the time of sale. This can be longer for goods that need processing before export and for thoroughbred racehorses.
The time of sale is the earlier of:
the day you send the goods to your customer
the day you receive full payment for them (if earlier)
You mustn't zero-rate sales if your customer asks for them to be delivered to a UK address. If the customer arranges to collect them from you - an indirect export - you may be able to zero-rate the sale as long as certain conditions are met.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024