Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup 08:00 - Sep 20 with 35406 viewssj_jack

I wonder if he fancies sticking around a bit longer?
Laudrup on 21:12 - Sep 21 with 4117 viewsDanishDuck

Laudrup on 20:46 - Sep 21 by Herohead

Please stop, you are sounding like kiisgod.

Kiisgod must be very smart guy also :p
My point was just that ppl here think that after he goes, everything will be fine, bc we have good board, good staff and good structure im sure...
But for me thats NO guarantee that u will be successful again in choice of new manager and moving the club forward.
Im sorry to say so, but thats a fact.. So enjoy the good time as long as it last.. i sure dooooo
Laudrup on 21:36 - Sep 21 with 4073 viewsKennedy

The board have had excellent success in previous years and after Laudrup they will again. They learn from all the previous managers and now can get the cream of Europe who want to be the next AVB etc.

Jackett - Success (League 2 to 1)
Martinez - Success (now Everton) (League 1 to Champ)
Sousa - Success improved our defence massively and the board learnt from this appointment too (finished 7th)
Rodgers - Success (Promoted to PL and now moved onto Liverpool)
Laudrup - Success (Highest finish in the PL and a Cup)

So our board know how to pick the manager

Just call me JFK

Laudrup on 21:37 - Sep 21 with 4067 viewsJokeren1943

Laudrup on 21:12 - Sep 21 by DanishDuck

My point was just that ppl here think that after he goes, everything will be fine, bc we have good board, good staff and good structure im sure...
But for me thats NO guarantee that u will be successful again in choice of new manager and moving the club forward.
Im sorry to say so, but thats a fact.. So enjoy the good time as long as it last.. i sure dooooo

Wondering if Jenkins wanna have another continental manager again.

From Spain or Portugal.
Laudrup on 21:39 - Sep 21 with 4062 viewsDanishDuck

Laudrup on 21:36 - Sep 21 by Kennedy

The board have had excellent success in previous years and after Laudrup they will again. They learn from all the previous managers and now can get the cream of Europe who want to be the next AVB etc.

Jackett - Success (League 2 to 1)
Martinez - Success (now Everton) (League 1 to Champ)
Sousa - Success improved our defence massively and the board learnt from this appointment too (finished 7th)
Rodgers - Success (Promoted to PL and now moved onto Liverpool)
Laudrup - Success (Highest finish in the PL and a Cup)

So our board know how to pick the manager

yup.. my point.. not saying ur wrong...
But i guess the next manager will win u CL and PL within next 5 years or so?
Laudrup on 21:48 - Sep 21 with 4041 viewsJokeren1943

Laudrup on 21:39 - Sep 21 by DanishDuck

yup.. my point.. not saying ur wrong...
But i guess the next manager will win u CL and PL within next 5 years or so?

He will be a succes if he stabilizes Swansea as a secure mid-tabel team. That is the next step for the club.

It will take the next couple of years (if he succed).
[Post edited 21 Sep 2013 21:48]
Laudrup on 21:48 - Sep 21 with 4038 viewsPureRockFury

Laudrup on 21:12 - Sep 21 by DanishDuck

I think you're one of the Danes we can do without. F*ck me, that post is a distasteful mixture of stating the bloody obvious and weak-at-the-knees hero-worship.

Even the bad times were good.

Laudrup on 21:51 - Sep 21 with 4030 viewsDarran

Laudrup on 21:48 - Sep 21 by PureRockFury

I think you're one of the Danes we can do without. F*ck me, that post is a distasteful mixture of stating the bloody obvious and weak-at-the-knees hero-worship.

Its called a FanishF*ck.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup on 21:55 - Sep 21 with 4020 viewsDanishDuck

Laudrup on 21:51 - Sep 21 by Darran

Its called a FanishF*ck.

WHo r u to call any1 any names here...?
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup on 21:55 - Sep 21 with 4017 viewsHerohead

Im still her after ML goes.
The love in this forum is awesome

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

Laudrup on 21:57 - Sep 21 with 4009 viewsDanishDuck

Laudrup on 21:48 - Sep 21 by PureRockFury

I give up.. ok. ur board will find 100% success after success after success...
Thats that and i can see the logic.
Some people... LOL
Laudrup on 22:04 - Sep 21 with 3988 viewsDarran

Laudrup on 21:55 - Sep 21 by DanishDuck

WHo r u to call any1 any names here...?

Go away.

Laudrup on 22:19 - Sep 21 with 3954 viewsreddythered

Laudrup on 21:57 - Sep 21 by DanishDuck

Some people... LOL

As much as it pains me to say so, they have so far ( although Sousa was arguable given the gameplan seemed to be to bore the opposition to sleep ).

When, not if, Laudrup goes, based upon the track record so far Swansea will be fine. Unless they employ Coleman or Hartson that is.

EDIT: I'd also say that Swansea fans know their club and board far better than Laudrup fanbois who would soon disappear once he leaves.

EDIT2: I'd also point out that if Laudrup had failed at Swansea, you'd be blaming the board, fans etc indeed anybody but Laudrup. And conversely, seems you want Laudrup to get the full credit for Swansea's current success. Since Martinez was appointed, Swansea have had season on season improvement. Maybe clubs can do well without Laudrup, eh?
[Post edited 21 Sep 2013 22:23]

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Laudrup on 22:23 - Sep 21 with 3941 viewsJoeSoccerFan

DanishDuck - I agree that a new manager will not guarantee that we'll continue to be successful. Nor is there a guarantee that we'll be successful with ML. Football can be cruel; with a host of bad personnel decisions, injuries, poor performances, and bad breaks, we could find ourselves in relegation. It's possible.

However, given the structure of the club and the decisions that they make, it seems less likely as we make incremental steps to solidifying our position in the PL each year.

5 years to win the PL and CL - seems outlandish to me. If we could get into the CL in 10 years, I'd be thrilled.

I believe that ML will leave if he feels that he doesn't have the necessary control to influence his (and the club's) success. If he doesn't have the necessary funds to get the key players to continue Swansea's success and a better opportunity presents itself, he may leave. If he does, good luck to him and find a replacement.
Laudrup on 22:25 - Sep 21 with 3933 viewsDanishDuck

Laudrup on 22:04 - Sep 21 by Darran

Go away.

Do the club a BIG favour and go away.. U sir, make this the ignorant forum for fans..
U make fans find other clubs.
But im sure this is no news 2 u, u just feel mighty here bc. u can... We all know that... It just takes a few post and u can see what u r about.
Laudrup on 22:25 - Sep 21 with 3931 viewsDarran

Laudrup on 22:23 - Sep 21 by JoeSoccerFan

DanishDuck - I agree that a new manager will not guarantee that we'll continue to be successful. Nor is there a guarantee that we'll be successful with ML. Football can be cruel; with a host of bad personnel decisions, injuries, poor performances, and bad breaks, we could find ourselves in relegation. It's possible.

However, given the structure of the club and the decisions that they make, it seems less likely as we make incremental steps to solidifying our position in the PL each year.

5 years to win the PL and CL - seems outlandish to me. If we could get into the CL in 10 years, I'd be thrilled.

I believe that ML will leave if he feels that he doesn't have the necessary control to influence his (and the club's) success. If he doesn't have the necessary funds to get the key players to continue Swansea's success and a better opportunity presents itself, he may leave. If he does, good luck to him and find a replacement.

Spot on Joe perhaps Danish Douche knows the powerball numbers too.

Laudrup on 22:25 - Sep 21 with 3929 viewsPureRockFury

Laudrup on 21:57 - Sep 21 by DanishDuck

Some people... LOL

*slowly removes palm from face*

I didn't say that; nobody has said that. That seems to be the bit you don't get. You're arguing against a case nobody has ever stated for the purpose of making your hero out to be some irreplaceable demi-god.

You should also bear in mind that we have a tremendous knack of making managers seem better than they are as they're sprinkled with the SCFC fairy dust, so don't underestimate the non-ML factors in our success as you seem so eager to do.

Michael Laudrup has been good for Swansea City and Swansea City has been good for Michael Laudrup. It's a partnership that benefits both sides and both sides know this. It isn't a case of St Michael of Laudrup bestowing his magic on us. I hope this partnership continues as long as it's beneficial to SCFC.

Even the bad times were good.

Laudrup on 22:36 - Sep 21 with 3907 viewsDanishDuck

Laudrup on 22:25 - Sep 21 by PureRockFury

*slowly removes palm from face*

I didn't say that; nobody has said that. That seems to be the bit you don't get. You're arguing against a case nobody has ever stated for the purpose of making your hero out to be some irreplaceable demi-god.

You should also bear in mind that we have a tremendous knack of making managers seem better than they are as they're sprinkled with the SCFC fairy dust, so don't underestimate the non-ML factors in our success as you seem so eager to do.

Michael Laudrup has been good for Swansea City and Swansea City has been good for Michael Laudrup. It's a partnership that benefits both sides and both sides know this. It isn't a case of St Michael of Laudrup bestowing his magic on us. I hope this partnership continues as long as it's beneficial to SCFC.

Well im act. making the point that we/u cant be sure about success or not when the day for new manager comes.. But then im accused for knowing lotery numbers and i should go away..
Dont get, but im sure this great Forum will do with the same boss here and stay the same for a long time..
Seem to me like the other forum is bigger and better.. wonder why.
Laudrup (n/t) on 23:17 - Sep 21 with 3877 viewscore

Laudrup on 17:14 - Sep 21 by DanishDuck

I act. start to believe that if everything is working and Swans make good results this year (which they should with that squad), ML will stay.. So much good going on and i think ur lucky to have a guy who knows so much about football in ur house..
The guy was born in a prof-football family and b4 he was 18 he was used to media etc. Only few in football ever can say they have as much experience in this field as him..
They had a sign in Barca (over the stadium "pub" i think) saying: " Enjoy Laudrup" i say the same to u.. bc. when he stops, i dont think u will be better off, no matter who u would find.

The problem is neither that you're danish nor that you hold ML in high regard. The problem is that you're ignorant to Swansea's incredible history which started way before ML came to the club!

If it wasn't for ML, I might not be aware of this incredible history myself, and therefore I might not feel as emotional attached to this club. Though I have great faith in ML, I've worried sick that ML's ego might in some way spoil the foundation of this great club.

Luckily ML has made a shame of my worries, and he has proven a perfect match for the club. The sky is the limit, and I truly believe he will stick around as long as feels he can contribute to the clubs development as well as his managing career. Afterwards I think he will take a long and deserved holiday before taking on his next job.

Though there are no guarantees, nothing suggests that Swansea will not find the perfect successor as they have done so many times before!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2013 1:57]
Laudrup on 01:26 - Sep 22 with 3795 viewsgibs0n

I have the feeling that ML do not know what he will do next season. Maybe Swansea or maybe not. So let's see what happens next summer. I'm sure if he leaves, then there are several managers who can take over.

The last couple of years Swansea had loan players among their most vital players. Now they are on contract. So the new Manager will not have to build a new team like ML did. I even think the guy sitting next to ML on the bench has the ability to continue if ML leaves.

Good times now and in the future!
Laudrup on 02:41 - Sep 22 with 3772 views2face

It's ironic that fanboys like Kiisgod and DanishDuck unintentionally create adversity against their heroes with their comments. I used to like Ki. But during the thread where Kisisgod had his meltdown, I started to develop a dislike against Ki, i didn't have before. I wish they would just shut up.
Laudrup on 08:54 - Sep 22 with 3685 viewsgibs0n

hear, hear
Laudrup on 11:41 - Sep 22 with 3605 viewsDanishDuck

Laudrup on 02:41 - Sep 22 by 2face

It's ironic that fanboys like Kiisgod and DanishDuck unintentionally create adversity against their heroes with their comments. I used to like Ki. But during the thread where Kisisgod had his meltdown, I started to develop a dislike against Ki, i didn't have before. I wish they would just shut up.

Yeah and im starting to have dislike for Swansea fans (though its only a few), i wish they would shut up to and be happy that new people support YOUR team, for what ever reasons.
Laudrup on 11:43 - Sep 22 with 3601 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup on 11:41 - Sep 22 by DanishDuck

Yeah and im starting to have dislike for Swansea fans (though its only a few), i wish they would shut up to and be happy that new people support YOUR team, for what ever reasons.

Depends if they're genuinely supporting the team or will piss off as soon as the object of their adoration does I suppose.

The volume of Koreans has gone through the floor since it became apparent that Ki wasn't getting a look in. Remains to be seen how many Danes are left once Laudrup is installed at the Nou Camp.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup on 11:59 - Sep 22 with 3582 viewsHerohead

Laudrup on 11:41 - Sep 22 by DanishDuck

Do you actually read your posts sometimes.
You are aware that ML isnt god?
He was awesome as a player, but has still got somthing to prove as manager.
Yep he is a class act, but swansea will remain after he leaves, do yourself a favor and read up on the history of the club.
Its a 100 years old and for anyone to come and claim that it all depends on one man is an insult to the club,fans and the history.
Example they all love Huw jenkins, but even he isnt given that kind of credit.

So pleease stop your ML lovein your giving the rest if us danes a bad rep.
And makes me wanna wommit.
You actually succeded in making me like ML less

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

Laudrup on 12:00 - Sep 22 with 3580 viewsduckling

Swansea have had a great record in employing managers in recent years, which is impressive. Remember though it's impossible to always end higher than the year before.
One thing that might hurt more than some expect is a new manager often leads to players leaving. (time will tell who)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024