Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack of interest in Europe? 22:16 - Sep 30 with 7798 viewsDull1Thomas

The ticket don't seem able to give away tickets for Thursday. However, what's the betting it would be a full house if we were to draw a BIG team in the round of 32 (if we get through).
In fact, what is the point of the team playing in this competition if the fans don't bother to turn up?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Lack of interest in Europe? on 00:52 - Oct 1 with 5655 views2face

Let's face it Premier League is the biggest most badass tournament in the world. Europa League is fun and exotic, but it's not exactly PL. In PL we regularly meet huge famous clubs. Most of the teams in EL are Championship level. And if you go down the list of teams, you see a lot of clubs that are completely unknown outside their own country.

I think that's the reason. EL just can't compete with PL except perhaps if and when we get to the knockout stage.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2013 0:53]
Lack of interest in Europe? on 08:05 - Oct 1 with 5389 viewswr72

25 quid for an adult and 12.50 for the kids.I don't mind paying 25 for mine but they could have given the kids a ticket for a fiver or even better a quid.We don't seem to want to help ourselves fill the Liberty.Would it be that much of a hit to reduce kids prices?
Lack of interest in Europe? on 08:20 - Oct 1 with 5334 viewsWhiterockin

The Europa League is brilliant for lifting the profile of the cup otherwise it is just a pain in the @rse unless you get to the knock-out stages.
Lack of interest in Europe? on 08:47 - Oct 1 with 5263 viewsmonmouth

Yep. The point of it is to get to the knockout....probably the QF before it will really generate any interest amongst our non-core support. No point in rehearsing the ticket price stuff, but a revenue-neutral (or even negative) strategy to fill the stadium would be my personal preference, if such a strategy actually exists in reality. Maybe a Thursday night, and on free terrestial TV, it's a losing battle anyway.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Lack of interest in Europe? on 09:04 - Oct 1 with 5228 viewsJackSomething

There were only 9,000 of us at the Liberty when we beat Barnsley last year in the League Cup.

Does that mean there was no point in playing in the competition then?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Lack of interest in Europe? on 09:08 - Oct 1 with 5205 viewsmonmouth

Lack of interest in Europe? on 09:04 - Oct 1 by JackSomething

There were only 9,000 of us at the Liberty when we beat Barnsley last year in the League Cup.

Does that mean there was no point in playing in the competition then?

There weren't too many more for the QF against Boro were there? It was only when Chelski entered the equation and even then, if we'd lost that first leg.........

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Lack of interest in Europe? on 09:10 - Oct 1 with 5201 viewsSenhin

Some people find it awkward because of work etc, but let's face it... Most just won't turn up unless it's a big team. Valencia one will be close to full.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Lack of interest in Europe? on 09:17 - Oct 1 with 5181 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Lack of interest in Europe? on 09:08 - Oct 1 by monmouth

There weren't too many more for the QF against Boro were there? It was only when Chelski entered the equation and even then, if we'd lost that first leg.........

Very true.

A lot of the regulars around me were not in their usual seats for the second leg against Chelsea. There must have been a mad panic for tickets the morning after the first leg.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Lack of interest in Europe? on 09:22 - Oct 1 with 5165 viewslonglostjack

Lack of interest in Europe? on 08:05 - Oct 1 by wr72

25 quid for an adult and 12.50 for the kids.I don't mind paying 25 for mine but they could have given the kids a ticket for a fiver or even better a quid.We don't seem to want to help ourselves fill the Liberty.Would it be that much of a hit to reduce kids prices?

Bang on! Use the less attractive ties to build up the fan base of the future.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Lack of interest in Europe? on 09:26 - Oct 1 with 5156 viewsBaker

Crowds getting bigger as team progresses through competition shocker.

Do you get startled every evening when the sun goes down and it begins to get dark?

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Lack of interest in Europe? on 09:31 - Oct 1 with 5139 viewsJackSomething

Lack of interest in Europe? on 09:08 - Oct 1 by monmouth

Thanks for the reminder of the Boro attendance. It was 15k that night apparently, so still far from a full house.

So we've established that we tend not to sell many seats for early rounds of cup competitions then, unless it's a big team we draw (Arsenal in the FA Cup last season for example).

Despite that, I don't think anyone would suggest that playing in the League Cup last season was a waste of time, seeing as it led to our first major trophy and the Europa League. So what was the OP's point?

That being said, totally agree on the ticket pricing issue. The club introduced the offer far too late. It should have been introduced when the tickets were first put on sale, meaning a family of four could have gone to the game for under £38.

Lack of interest in Europe? on 09:39 - Oct 1 with 5118 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The gutting thing about the ticket offer is that we bought two full sets of tickets for our usual seats as we always do and then discovered that had we wavered about it we could have bought one set for me and a Valencia ticket for the wife and then got the other two for the wife free.

That's the thanks you get for buying early with unstinting loyalty.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Lack of interest in Europe? on 09:51 - Oct 1 with 5090 viewsJackSomething

Lack of interest in Europe? on 09:39 - Oct 1 by Joe_bradshaw

The gutting thing about the ticket offer is that we bought two full sets of tickets for our usual seats as we always do and then discovered that had we wavered about it we could have bought one set for me and a Valencia ticket for the wife and then got the other two for the wife free.

That's the thanks you get for buying early with unstinting loyalty.

The club dropped a bollock with this one and let's hope they learn from it.

Lack of interest in Europe? on 16:37 - Oct 1 with 4656 viewsTrallwnjack

£45/£35 premier league = full houses every game, thousands more apparently if we expand.
£25/£20/£10/free Europa league = 1/2 to 3/4 full and still people moaning it's too expensive.
Our 'fans' never cease to amaze me. This could be our only chance in years to see our team play in Europe ffs. Get down the Liberty and support the Swans mun. Don't matter if the opposition are so called unknowns.
Lack of interest in Europe? on 16:44 - Oct 1 with 4638 viewsEdmundo

Lack of interest in Europe? on 08:05 - Oct 1 by wr72

Think the club are in a difficult place, as 10,000 tickets sold at £25, equates to 20,000 at £12.50, then minus the stadco and tax costs and there's not that much left.

Personally I think it should have been set slightly lower and especially for the fans of the future (the kids)

How many people gripe about paying £35 to watch Sunderland at home or away in the Prem?

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Lack of interest in Europe? on 18:40 - Oct 1 with 4477 viewsJackbustard

Just been down to get my extra tickets and apparently they are selling very well for Thursday.
Lack of interest in Europe? on 18:44 - Oct 1 with 4464 viewsJackfath

Lack of interest in Europe? on 18:40 - Oct 1 by Jackbustard

Just been down to get my extra tickets and apparently they are selling very well for Thursday.

Did you ask the office staff if tickets were selling well or how many have we sold? I know they love answering that question and very rarely get asked.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Lack of interest in Europe? on 18:53 - Oct 1 with 4448 viewsJackbustard

Yes thanks, I was interested to know how many they had sold for Thursday. Problem with that?
Lack of interest in Europe? on 18:55 - Oct 1 with 4428 viewsJackfath

Lack of interest in Europe? on 18:53 - Oct 1 by Jackbustard

Yes thanks, I was interested to know how many they had sold for Thursday. Problem with that?

None at all.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Lack of interest in Europe? on 19:37 - Oct 1 with 4376 viewswr72

File alongside 'Are you going on holiday this year ?' and 'Busy tonight drive ?'.
Lack of interest in Europe? on 20:02 - Oct 1 with 4323 viewsJackbustard

Why exactly, I have a genuine interest in what sort of crowd we are looking at Thursday. Suppose if people cant be arsed to go to the game themselves they wouldn't really care how many we have sold.
Lack of interest in Europe? on 20:09 - Oct 1 with 4299 viewswr72

Lack of interest in Europe? on 20:02 - Oct 1 by Jackbustard

Why exactly, I have a genuine interest in what sort of crowd we are looking at Thursday. Suppose if people cant be arsed to go to the game themselves they wouldn't really care how many we have sold.

Joking i was man.I ask them the same every time im there too.
Lack of interest in Europe? on 20:26 - Oct 1 with 4248 viewsJackbustard

Sorry mate hard to know whats a joke and whats a dig on here lately. Sadly the forum is being ruined by those using it as their own personal chat rooms.
Lack of interest in Europe? on 20:30 - Oct 1 with 4238 viewswr72

Lack of interest in Europe? on 20:26 - Oct 1 by Jackbustard

Sorry mate hard to know whats a joke and whats a dig on here lately. Sadly the forum is being ruined by those using it as their own personal chat rooms.

Innit and especially when Fath is about.
Lack of interest in Europe? on 20:43 - Oct 1 with 4190 viewsJackfath

Lack of interest in Europe? on 20:26 - Oct 1 by Jackbustard

Name names!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024