Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) 12:19 - Oct 29 with 3442 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Was bored and looking up North Pole station, then switched to this. A nice history. (if you like this sort of stuff.)

http://www.workhouses.org.uk/StMarylebone/

Guess this is St Mark's Park

Oh and the station, not very exciting

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/s/st_quintin_park/index1.shtml

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 12:39 - Oct 29 with 3419 viewshopphoops

open days coming up at aldwych station - next meeting for the LFW industrial history group (affiliated with the hedgepigs and lady vikings appreciation board) ?

http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/whats-on/events/events-calendar#aldwych

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 12:45 - Oct 29 with 3409 viewsMetallica_Hoop

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 12:39 - Oct 29 by hopphoops

open days coming up at aldwych station - next meeting for the LFW industrial history group (affiliated with the hedgepigs and lady vikings appreciation board) ?

http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/whats-on/events/events-calendar#aldwych

That looks good, I could probably find one or two interested in that.

This is quite good and under constuction.

Lost hospitals.

http://ezitis.myzen.co.uk/alphabeticallist.html

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 12:54 - Oct 29 with 3395 viewsTacticalR

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 12:45 - Oct 29 by Metallica_Hoop

That looks good, I could probably find one or two interested in that.

This is quite good and under constuction.

Lost hospitals.

http://ezitis.myzen.co.uk/alphabeticallist.html

I was born in one of the hospitals on that list...

St. Stephen's Hospital in Fulham Road (demolished 1989)
http://ezitis.myzen.co.uk/ststephenschelsea.html

Fortunately being born so close to Stamford Bridge led to no contamination.

Air hostess clique

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 15:26 - Oct 29 with 3296 viewshopphoops

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 12:54 - Oct 29 by TacticalR

I worked in St Johns Hospital for Diseases of the Skin after it moved from Lisle St into St Thomas'. Probably a pub now.

They didn't leave much to the imagination with Victorian Hospital names e.g. St Marks Hospital for Diseases of the Rectum, no way of passing your grapes visit off as an ingrowing toenail.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 15:30 - Oct 29 with 3289 viewsMetallica_Hoop

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 17:26 - Oct 29 with 3220 viewsQPR1882

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 15:30 - Oct 29 by Metallica_Hoop

I used to live in Hillfarm Rd that backs on to St Marks park,when I went to St Charles school we used to walk through the park and the hospital to get to school.

My grandparents lived in St Charles sq
St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 18:12 - Oct 29 with 3194 viewsLutonianR

As someone who worked in St Charles Hospital from July 2008 up until March this year, it's always been interesting learning some of the history of the place.

At one stage I was temporarily working in an office based in the chapel (above the archway that leads to the main entrance), which did feel a bit strange compared to a normal office! The department I was working for is now based in the tower itself.
St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 19:16 - Oct 29 with 3137 viewsak68

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 15:26 - Oct 29 by hopphoops

I worked in St Johns Hospital for Diseases of the Skin after it moved from Lisle St into St Thomas'. Probably a pub now.

They didn't leave much to the imagination with Victorian Hospital names e.g. St Marks Hospital for Diseases of the Rectum, no way of passing your grapes visit off as an ingrowing toenail.

I've lived opposite St Marks Hospital for fistulas etc for the last thirty years. I always used to get funny looks when asking a cab to take me home.
Login to get fewer ads

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 22:31 - Oct 29 with 3053 viewslongbottom

The Central Middx Hospital (Park Royal) was originally the infirmary of the Willesden poor house. Not a lot of people know that.
St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 03:11 - Oct 30 with 3011 viewswood_hoop

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 12:54 - Oct 29 by TacticalR

I was also born in St Stephens, being born so close to the 'scum' hq must give us a special immunity from ever worshiping the likes of John Terry.

Looking down that list my connections with places now closed must make me some kind of NHS jinx......

Victoria Maternity.....my was daughter born there

Putney................... spent time in there as a youth, drink & drugs don't mix !

St Annes............... stitched up there a few times after brawling my way down Tottenham High Road

Wood Green-..........spent part of my childhood living in Wood Green this was one of the old 'cottage' hospitals.

St Pancras Hospital for Tropical Diceases.........dated a nurse from there, more worried about catching yellow fever than the clap from that one.
St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 10:37 - Oct 30 with 2939 viewssmegma

St Marylebone Infirmary overlooked our ground in the 1902 season. I'm guessing the part nearest to the ground was the asylum section.
St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 11:03 - Oct 30 with 2928 viewsisawqpratwcity

OP (met, in case you've forgotten), the workhouse stuff was interesting, but I still preferred the North Pole Station stuff.

My Dad's family lived on the Peabody Estate. Probably my grandad's ghost still inhabits the North Pole pub's premises (yes, I know its closed).

I used to like going with mates to the sidings behind the park on Dalgarno Way (I think) and generally commit vandalism in the decommisioned carriages there. We called it 'the condemned'.

Oh, and I was born in Hammersmith General (as was Rodney Marsh) which hospital is notable, according to Wiki) for not being in Hammersmith.

And liked the dead hospitals link, too. Princess Louise went from pediatric, in my time, to geriatric, and closed in 2006. Thank you for that.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 11:03 - Oct 30 with 2928 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Just think Pre-1940 you could alight at North Pole and have the choice of two big pubs, then toddle off to LR.

If it was still there would the North Pole/Hagwitch be a Tesco's? Weighty thoughts.

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 11:05 - Oct 30 with 2926 viewsMetallica_Hoop

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 11:03 - Oct 30 by isawqpratwcity

OP (met, in case you've forgotten), the workhouse stuff was interesting, but I still preferred the North Pole Station stuff.

My Dad's family lived on the Peabody Estate. Probably my grandad's ghost still inhabits the North Pole pub's premises (yes, I know its closed).

I used to like going with mates to the sidings behind the park on Dalgarno Way (I think) and generally commit vandalism in the decommisioned carriages there. We called it 'the condemned'.

Oh, and I was born in Hammersmith General (as was Rodney Marsh) which hospital is notable, according to Wiki) for not being in Hammersmith.

And liked the dead hospitals link, too. Princess Louise went from pediatric, in my time, to geriatric, and closed in 2006. Thank you for that.

Do you mean the little park at the back of the 'Seven Feathers'? Hated that park too isolated and too near the Suttons......

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 11:46 - Oct 30 with 2906 viewsisawqpratwcity

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 11:05 - Oct 30 by Metallica_Hoop

Do you mean the little park at the back of the 'Seven Feathers'? Hated that park too isolated and too near the Suttons......

No, not Dalgarno Way, Dalgarno Gardens (who was Dalgarno, the Peabody philanthoprist?).

Park on the corner of Dalgarno Gardens and Scrubs Lane, north of that.

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 11:56 - Oct 30 with 2900 viewsMetallica_Hoop

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 11:46 - Oct 30 by isawqpratwcity

No, not Dalgarno Way, Dalgarno Gardens (who was Dalgarno, the Peabody philanthoprist?).

Ah ok, do you mean the old one on the 'Little scrubs'

It was only concrete left in my day then they made it some grass hills. You could get into the railways from there but after 1994 the Eurostar depot changed everything.

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 11:58 - Oct 30 with 2898 viewsstevec

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 11:46 - Oct 30 by isawqpratwcity

If its the one next to Peabody, wasn't it known as the 'Little Scrubs'?
St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 12:06 - Oct 30 with 2891 viewsisawqpratwcity

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 11:58 - Oct 30 by stevec

If its the one next to Peabody, wasn't it known as the 'Little Scrubs'?

You and Met both right, I'd forgotten.

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 12:20 - Oct 30 with 2877 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Sort of related

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 13:41 - Oct 30 with 2849 viewssmegma

St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 12:20 - Oct 30 by Metallica_Hoop

Sort of related

Talbots first ever car factory. Some old uns will remember it as Rootsies in the 50s/60s.
St MaryleboneRackham Street Infirmary (St Charles Hospital) on 17:16 - Oct 30 with 2810 viewsTacticalR

I was wondering how we got from hospitals to car factories, but then I suppose hospitals are people factories.

That reminds me, did anyone see the recent 'The Germans, Their Cars and Us' documentary? British army officer Ivan Hirst organised the revival of the Volkswagen factory in Wolfsburg after the war.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024