Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL 12:50 - Dec 29 with 5412 viewsDarran

In response to other people complaining about results and performance.
Out of curiosity where do people think we should be in the table after half the season?!

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 16:57 - Dec 29 with 1000 viewsJackanapes

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 16:53 - Dec 29 by monmouth

And of course no other team has spent a penny to 'improve' their team during that time have they? Are people seriously saying they don't think that our current team is better than the one that rocked up against Man City in 2011? Or the one that got Brenno the scouse gig in 2012 (remember Siggy and caulks were never ours).

Norwich have been through the same kind of experience as us, lost manager after first season, spent quite a bit last summer. Shame we aren't doing as well as they are. As for QPR, they are soaring up the table. Grrrr.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:07 - Dec 29 with 972 viewsmonmouth

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 16:57 - Dec 29 by Jackanapes

Norwich have been through the same kind of experience as us, lost manager after first season, spent quite a bit last summer. Shame we aren't doing as well as they are. As for QPR, they are soaring up the table. Grrrr.

Aye but fair play, QPR didn't spend much.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:12 - Dec 29 with 956 viewscontroversial_jack

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 16:55 - Dec 29 by Jackanapes

It all depends how long our current form lasts doesn't it.

That's what worries me
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:17 - Dec 29 with 945 viewsJackanapes

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:12 - Dec 29 by controversial_jack

That's what worries me

Why? Can you see the future?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:30 - Dec 29 with 924 viewsPozuelosSideys

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 16:57 - Dec 29 by Jackanapes

Why are Norwich and QPR our yardsticks? Shouldnt we be aiming higher than that? (with all due respect to Norwich).

Surely our aim should be to consolidate ourselves as a strong mid table outfit? The 'best of the rest'? We've done that for the last two years and have been excellent.

We're currently sitting in the same place (ish) now, although its nowhere as near comfortable as it was last season. We could get sucked in if we arent careful, especially as we have Man Utd, Man City and Spurs up next.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 17:31]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:36 - Dec 29 with 884 viewsKingBony

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 13:04 - Dec 29 by lifelong

I think we're at where most people expected, like our manager has said we are a couple of points short, those two points we were robbed of against Stoke would have seen us just about right.

Considering our injuries and number of fixtures I still maintain we are having a good season. Stay up this season and with a fully fit squad next season with a couple of quality additions we can push on.

Think positive.

Injuries, number of fixtures blah blah blah

Push on to what exactly?

Europe again? Too many fixtures then mind??

Our league position is great.

Performances below par it really is as simple as that.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:44 - Dec 29 with 891 viewsJackanapes

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:30 - Dec 29 by PozuelosSideys

Why are Norwich and QPR our yardsticks? Shouldnt we be aiming higher than that? (with all due respect to Norwich).

Surely our aim should be to consolidate ourselves as a strong mid table outfit? The 'best of the rest'? We've done that for the last two years and have been excellent.

We're currently sitting in the same place (ish) now, although its nowhere as near comfortable as it was last season. We could get sucked in if we arent careful, especially as we have Man Utd, Man City and Spurs up next.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 17:31]

Because they got promoted the same time as us. Isn't it relevant how they are doing? Doesn't it give us a perspective on how we are doing?
People are talking of where we "should" be after spending ALL this money. yet Norwich have spent a similar amount and they are not doing any better. QPR spent a fk sight more and got relegated.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 17:46]

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:48 - Dec 29 with 882 viewsPozuelosSideys

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:44 - Dec 29 by Jackanapes

Because they got promoted the same time as us. Isn't it relevant how they are doing? Doesn't it give us a perspective on how we are doing?
People are talking of where we "should" be after spending ALL this money. yet Norwich have spent a similar amount and they are not doing any better. QPR spent a fk sight more and got relegated.

The first season, yes. Last season maybe. This season, nah.

I dont think our fixture list is helping much. We seem to be having blocks of tough games, then blocks of easier games which have usually followed Euro games. Its made it tougher.

The performances on the whole have started improving the last month or so for me. The 'zip' in our play is back. Just lacking goals.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Login to get fewer ads

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:55 - Dec 29 with 851 viewsKingBony

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:44 - Dec 29 by Jackanapes

Jacanappybum would have been on the front of the titanic as it was going down probably thinking the water can't be that cold, it will be ok because the titanic cost the same as some Norwich striker.

Happy clapping to end.

People are allowed to a less upbeat opinion you know.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:56 - Dec 29 with 870 viewsChief

People saying we are 11th (crisis, what crisis?) are papering over the cracks I feel.

We are only a few points above relegation and other teams who have sacked their managers for poor performances this season.

The prospect of some tough games coming up aswell. At present, even when we play well, we are still incapable of mustering many shots on target, and we get punished everytime a defensive mistake is made (of which there has been many this season). I for one am worried. a Gylfi type signing in January would be just the tonic.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:58 - Dec 29 with 866 viewsJackanapes

So why do we expect to out perform Norwich? Given that we are similar in stature(and Im being generous to us there)
We both came into the prem at the same time.Both lost our manager after one season. Both spent a similar amount of money.
So why would an neutral observer expect there to be any difference between the two sides?
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 18:13]

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:58 - Dec 29 with 866 viewsmonmouth

Just take a look at the table and ask yourself if you'd be happier as a supporter of any of the nine teams below us, or the one above.

Nah, thought not.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 18:25 - Dec 29 with 831 viewsbuzzbox

I expected us to be appx 6 points better off then what we are, we probably would be as well if it were not for all these Europa games we are having to play.
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 18:44 - Dec 29 with 811 viewsMolliemick

It is not our league position that is a worry, it is the slow boring emphasis on possession with no end product,
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 18:50 - Dec 29 with 807 viewsPozuelosSideys

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:58 - Dec 29 by Jackanapes

So why do we expect to out perform Norwich? Given that we are similar in stature(and Im being generous to us there)
We both came into the prem at the same time.Both lost our manager after one season. Both spent a similar amount of money.
So why would an neutral observer expect there to be any difference between the two sides?
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 18:13]

I know what youre saying, but for me Norwich are just another one of about 10 sides now. Theyre all much of a muchness and can all beat each other. We need to concentrate on ourselves and our form. League position is more important for me, rather than comparing against individual clubs.

Id rather compare against Southampton than Norwich if i really had to!

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 19:19 - Dec 29 with 760 viewsDull1Thomas

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 18:25 - Dec 29 by buzzbox

I expected us to be appx 6 points better off then what we are, we probably would be as well if it were not for all these Europa games we are having to play.

seriously dodgy refereeing performances need to be factored in.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 19:28 - Dec 29 with 745 viewsPhil_S

Last season we avoided relegation by 10 points.

The year before it was 11 points

5 points ahead of relegation space at the halfway stage
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 19:35 - Dec 29 with 727 viewsAndy1300

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 19:28 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

Last season we avoided relegation by 10 points.

The year before it was 11 points

5 points ahead of relegation space at the halfway stage

Let's hope we can improve on that then

Number 1 team in Wales

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 19:37 - Dec 29 with 716 viewsperchrockjack

Its where we are come MAY not now.
Little divides many clubs.
We stay up this year we ll be there for many years to come

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 22:06 - Dec 29 with 654 viewsJackFish

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 19:37 - Dec 29 by perchrockjack

Its where we are come MAY not now.
Little divides many clubs.
We stay up this year we ll be there for many years to come

Why is that any more relevant this season than any other?

We're five points above the relegation zone at the half way stage, despite having not performed particularly well for the most part and having played 10 games more than most teams. I genuinely don't see the need to panic.
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 22:11 - Dec 29 with 642 viewsAndy1300

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 22:06 - Dec 29 by JackFish

We're five points above the relegation zone at the half way stage, despite having not performed particularly well for the most part and having played 10 games more than most teams. I genuinely don't see the need to panic.

I don't see people panicking, just a little uneasy that we may well be in 11tn place but the gap to 18th isn't as large as it could/should have been

Number 1 team in Wales

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 22:19 - Dec 29 with 635 viewsThursday

After the first game of the season, we held the lowest position in the league. If we want to win this thing, by halfway through the season, we need to be halfway up the league. I can't see why people are complaining.
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 22:22 - Dec 29 with 630 viewsBonjour

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 13:13 - Dec 29 by Darran

What position would you like to be in then?

We can only control what we can and so far we haven't played as well as I believe we can. Where we are in the league after that is down to other teams results.

Not panicking but I struggle to see how we are gonna score enough goals to win enough games. We need some new blood in Jan or we need our wingers to get behind defences and cross the ball. Also, a tackle or 2 per match from anyone wouldn't go amiss :-)
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 22:41 - Dec 29 with 598 viewsgevans

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 22:06 - Dec 29 by JackFish

I agree, no need to panic. 2 years ago Newcastle nearly qualified for champions league but instead qualified for Europa, whilst in Europa only just survived relegation, not in Europa this season and they are flying again. Liverpool not in Europe and they are challenging in league again. I think we are doing excellent considering all extra games in Europa and injuries we have had. Michu our best player has struggled with fitness, next round of europa and we are still 5 points above relegation. Yes we would all like more points but we have got to be realistic. Staying up is our target and if we keep going as we are we will reach that target.
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 23:47 - Dec 29 with 554 viewsDull1Thomas

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 22:41 - Dec 29 by gevans

I agree, no need to panic. 2 years ago Newcastle nearly qualified for champions league but instead qualified for Europa, whilst in Europa only just survived relegation, not in Europa this season and they are flying again. Liverpool not in Europe and they are challenging in league again. I think we are doing excellent considering all extra games in Europa and injuries we have had. Michu our best player has struggled with fitness, next round of europa and we are still 5 points above relegation. Yes we would all like more points but we have got to be realistic. Staying up is our target and if we keep going as we are we will reach that target.

OK
Have I got it right here --

We shouldn't be in Europe because it has hampered our development.
We should be aiming at top 6
which, of course, would mean we would be in Europe
So 7th is the magic number.
Yes?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024