Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL 12:50 - Dec 29 with 5411 viewsDarran

In response to other people complaining about results and performance.
Out of curiosity where do people think we should be in the table after half the season?!

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 00:07 - Dec 30 with 833 viewsgevans

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 23:47 - Dec 29 by Dull1Thomas

OK
Have I got it right here --

We shouldn't be in Europe because it has hampered our development.
We should be aiming at top 6
which, of course, would mean we would be in Europe
So 7th is the magic number.
Yes?

The point I was trying to make was that playing in Europe was always going to effect our season, as it has effected bigger teams with bigger squads in the past. Playing in Europe has enhanced our development & I am glad we are in the competition. People moaning about our results and we are only 5 points above relegation but I am trying to say we are doing very well this season considering the extra games and injuries we have had. Staying up is our target
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 00:16 - Dec 30 with 823 viewsDull1Thomas

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 00:07 - Dec 30 by gevans

The point I was trying to make was that playing in Europe was always going to effect our season, as it has effected bigger teams with bigger squads in the past. Playing in Europe has enhanced our development & I am glad we are in the competition. People moaning about our results and we are only 5 points above relegation but I am trying to say we are doing very well this season considering the extra games and injuries we have had. Staying up is our target

point taken

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 00:30 - Dec 30 with 819 viewsdameedna

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 14:41 - Dec 29 by monmouth

Not having a go, but there's one hell of an incorrect assumption in there. Man City had 67% of possession at Villa and lost 3-2. Probably because they let themselves be counter attacked. So 'better teams' wouldn't do 'just that'

In my view, simply beating Crapduff (or drawing and getting our justly earned 2 points against stoke) would change the whole flavour apart from the obvious few who would moan even if we were six points clear at the top.

exactly my point

when we beat villa 0 2 at theiis if you recall Gabby hit a volley against the bar in the last few minutes and he was a constant threat on the break

we get possession but we are playing narrow which reduces the chances for teams to catch us on the break

against chelsea we played britton and canas and our wingers as extra midfielders with full backs on the overlap as no teams can cope with hazard in this set up

better teams will stuff us 6 - 2 if we were playing sinclair and dyer on the touchlines

look at our goal difference as evidence
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 00:46 - Dec 30 with 809 viewscontroversial_jack

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 17:17 - Dec 29 by Jackanapes

Why? Can you see the future?

Can you?
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 09:23 - Dec 30 with 753 viewsJackanapes

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 00:46 - Dec 30 by controversial_jack

Can you?

No, but I'm not prophesising 6 more weeks of winter.
You have chosen our last few games as a basis on which to predict the future. Why not use the entire year? Possibly because it gives a much happier result?
As I have said so many times, Its foolish to try and make predictions, especially predictions that imply a huge change in our recorded rate of progress.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2013 9:33]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 09:33 - Dec 30 with 741 viewsDr_Winston

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 09:23 - Dec 30 by Jackanapes

No, but I'm not prophesising 6 more weeks of winter.
You have chosen our last few games as a basis on which to predict the future. Why not use the entire year? Possibly because it gives a much happier result?
As I have said so many times, Its foolish to try and make predictions, especially predictions that imply a huge change in our recorded rate of progress.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2013 9:33]

Actually I'd see it the other way around.

Overall in 2013 we've won nine league games out of 37. That's not a great record whichever way you look at it. Performances lately however seem to be picking up.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 09:35 - Dec 30 with 734 viewsJackanapes

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 09:33 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

Actually I'd see it the other way around.

Overall in 2013 we've won nine league games out of 37. That's not a great record whichever way you look at it. Performances lately however seem to be picking up.

Not great for you is adequate for me. We have done enough over the year to suggest we can get by. All things considered I'm a satisfied customer.
Also if we win a quarter of our remaining games, we will have a good chance of staying up.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2013 9:39]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 09:38 - Dec 30 with 724 viewsDr_Winston

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 09:35 - Dec 30 by Jackanapes

Not great for you is adequate for me. We have done enough over the year to suggest we can get by. All things considered I'm a satisfied customer.
Also if we win a quarter of our remaining games, we will have a good chance of staying up.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2013 9:39]

"Not great for you is adequate for me"

And there we have the beauty of opinion.

Think we're capable of upping that record in 2014. With a more positive approach and less European games to worry about there's no reason why we can't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 09:41 - Dec 30 with 718 viewsJackanapes

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 09:38 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

"Not great for you is adequate for me"

And there we have the beauty of opinion.

Think we're capable of upping that record in 2014. With a more positive approach and less European games to worry about there's no reason why we can't.

The point I was making is that if you choose selectively and say we will play 'like that' for the rest of the season you can create a scenario where we get no points at all. I'm just highlighting the dangers of soothsaying.

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 10:14 - Dec 30 with 677 viewsperchrockjack

For me, We are not playing as well as we can and to make matters worse we have two key players out long term. Dyer especially is a massive miss.
We do though have enough to stay up but surely we need to play the ball quicker ,more often and devise a better system to finish off moves. I would have though this could be ironed out at training.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 11:01 - Dec 30 with 657 viewsmonmouth

I'd like to see our form and points return improve at the Liberty for sure. Less sloppy at the back and not conceding cheap goals as well as more pace and threat at the other end. I'd also like to see an improvement in our 'support' there, as I think it's linked, but I'm not holding my breath.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 11:11 - Dec 30 with 626 viewsperchrockjack

very fair comment is that last post and hard not to disagree with. Its what we all feel, I would suggest.

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 11:18 - Dec 30 with 626 viewslifelong

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 10:14 - Dec 30 by perchrockjack

For me, We are not playing as well as we can and to make matters worse we have two key players out long term. Dyer especially is a massive miss.
We do though have enough to stay up but surely we need to play the ball quicker ,more often and devise a better system to finish off moves. I would have though this could be ironed out at training.

A sensible post Perchy, we should have it stuffed.
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 11:20 - Dec 30 with 622 viewsgevans

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 11:01 - Dec 30 by monmouth

I'd like to see our form and points return improve at the Liberty for sure. Less sloppy at the back and not conceding cheap goals as well as more pace and threat at the other end. I'd also like to see an improvement in our 'support' there, as I think it's linked, but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree, except for the Liverpool game the support at the Liberty has been poor this season. Last couple of seasons we have driven the team forward from the first whistle but now we wait until we score. Why has it changed?
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 11:32 - Dec 30 with 610 viewsJackanapes

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 11:20 - Dec 30 by gevans

I agree, except for the Liverpool game the support at the Liberty has been poor this season. Last couple of seasons we have driven the team forward from the first whistle but now we wait until we score. Why has it changed?

Because the novelty wears off? Because its a difficult reality to accept that we are in a difficult league where wins and exceptional play are at a premium. 17th was enough for the majority of fans in the first season. Our expectations have shifted at differing rates. There are a growing number who(rightly or wrongly) feel we should be top 10 side now, which is ignoring the fact that there are 19 other teams in the league who all get as much money as us, if not more.
Whilst I feel we are capable of being a top 10 side, I do not expect it, therefore I don't get too disheartened when we lose or draw games we should have/could have won. So in reality if what going on down on the pitch hasn't changed, whats changed is us.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2013 11:37]

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 11:33 - Dec 30 with 608 viewsJackfath

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 11:32 - Dec 30 by Jackanapes

Because the novelty wears off? Because its a difficult reality to accept that we are in a difficult league where wins and exceptional play are at a premium. 17th was enough for the majority of fans in the first season. Our expectations have shifted at differing rates. There are a growing number who(rightly or wrongly) feel we should be top 10 side now, which is ignoring the fact that there are 19 other teams in the league who all get as much money as us, if not more.
Whilst I feel we are capable of being a top 10 side, I do not expect it, therefore I don't get too disheartened when we lose or draw games we should have/could have won. So in reality if what going on down on the pitch hasn't changed, whats changed is us.

I agree with this. I think many have become spoilt.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 11:39 - Dec 30 with 598 viewsItchySphincter

I'd be surprised if anyone expected us to be a top ten side. I'm sure most hope we stay in the division reasonably comfortably whilst attempting to stick to the principles that got us here in the first place.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 11:44 - Dec 30 with 587 viewsgevans

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 11:32 - Dec 30 by Jackanapes

I think you are spot on, supporters need to lower there expectations. There are no easy wins in the best league in the world. I also think we are good enough for top 10 but this season with all extra Europa games and injuries we have had staying up is my target.
Qualified for Europa knock out stages(achieved) plus staying up = successful season
Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 11:54 - Dec 30 with 567 viewsStarsky

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 10:14 - Dec 30 by perchrockjack

Absolutely, spot on. End of thread.

It's just the internet, init.

Some people keep saying we are 11th in the PL on 13:00 - Dec 30 with 538 viewsperchrockjack

No its not .
One day Rog, I ll come down and we can get stuffed together

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024