Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor 02:23 - Jan 17 with 6065 viewsRough_Edges

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2540911/Fulham-considering-3m-

Fulham are keen on Swansea left back Neil Taylor and could offer £3million for the 24-year-old.

Manager Rene Meulensteen, however, is considering Sporting Lisbon’s Marcos Rojo, 23, as a loan alternative.

The future of John Arne Riise has been uncertain for some time, and Taylor's arrival could push him closer to leaving. Meulensteen also wants to add goals to his team, and hopes to sign Livorno striker Paulinho on loan.

_____

For 3 million they can stick it IMO.
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 06:44 - Jan 17 with 4460 viewsZut_Alors

Sooner or later someone was gonna come back in for Neil. I still feel he needs more of a shot to rediscover his pre-injury form before we look to sell him. Not neccarily because he'll find a way back into the first 11, but to capitalise on his potential market value. Pre-injury he was definitely worth more than 3m. Didn't we turn down Newcastle with a couple of million bid for him a couple of years back.

Will be difficult for him to get back with Ben playing as well as he's been, but I hope we keep him.
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 06:48 - Jan 17 with 4452 views_Kieran

If I was him I'd want to leave with someone like Dwight Tiendalli being picked ahead of me after that Olympic performance.

£3 million though FFS April Fools is miles off ...
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 6:56]

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 06:56 - Jan 17 with 4434 views_Kieran

Double it and it's still a sh!t offer.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 06:59 - Jan 17 with 4430 views_Kieran

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 06:44 - Jan 17 by Zut_Alors

Sooner or later someone was gonna come back in for Neil. I still feel he needs more of a shot to rediscover his pre-injury form before we look to sell him. Not neccarily because he'll find a way back into the first 11, but to capitalise on his potential market value. Pre-injury he was definitely worth more than 3m. Didn't we turn down Newcastle with a couple of million bid for him a couple of years back.

Will be difficult for him to get back with Ben playing as well as he's been, but I hope we keep him.

We turned down a poxy 1 million bid from Newcastle.

And Taylor's performance at OT schooling Valencia then a fresh Januzaj was better than any of Davies' this whole season.

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 07:34 - Jan 17 with 4370 viewstylagarwjack

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 06:44 - Jan 17 by Zut_Alors

Given the injuries we have (I'm thinking of taking my boots to the Spurs game just in case!!) and the number of games we have and could have if we do well in the cups, selling him is surely not an option, more difficult if he wants to go but we need to stand firm on this, especially for a paltry £3m.
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 07:38 - Jan 17 with 4355 viewsTrundle10

Ben hasn't been playing very well for a while now. would pick Taylor before him anyway.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 7:39]
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 07:51 - Jan 17 with 4329 viewslonglostjack

I very much doubt he'll be going anywhere anytime soon.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 07:58 - Jan 17 with 4299 viewsMan_Jolby

Too good for Fulham.

Poll: Should use of E-cigs be permitted inside the Liberty on match days?

Login to get fewer ads

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 07:58 - Jan 17 with 4298 viewsjacksinceever

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 06:59 - Jan 17 by _Kieran

We turned down a poxy 1 million bid from Newcastle.

And Taylor's performance at OT schooling Valencia then a fresh Januzaj was better than any of Davies' this whole season.

WTF? I wouldn't sell Taylor at double that price, but to slag off Davies who has been immense overall since day 1 is just out of order
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 08:05 - Jan 17 with 4289 viewsjudgejonevs

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 07:58 - Jan 17 by jacksinceever

WTF? I wouldn't sell Taylor at double that price, but to slag off Davies who has been immense overall since day 1 is just out of order

I don't think that voicing his opinion on a good performance by Taylor at Old Trafford which he felt was better than Davies has done I believe this season amounts to slagging him off. In my opinion I would go Davies every time but he's entitled to his.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 8:06]

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 08:15 - Jan 17 with 4251 viewsOdgaard

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 08:05 - Jan 17 by judgejonevs

I don't think that voicing his opinion on a good performance by Taylor at Old Trafford which he felt was better than Davies has done I believe this season amounts to slagging him off. In my opinion I would go Davies every time but he's entitled to his.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 8:06]

3 mio £ is to little, After his awful injury its take minimum a year to get back to the his high level.. Its first now, we can see the prospect of it!
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 09:11 - Jan 17 with 4137 viewsZut_Alors

I didn't think Taylor had that good a game at Old Trafford anyway. He got skinned a couple of times and was diving in all over the place. He was good but not great. While Ben has had a few poorer games, he's also been arguably one of the few players to play at a consistently high level this season, and he offers a goal threat, too. He's number one for me.
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 09:18 - Jan 17 with 4109 viewsSkipTheJack

I'm probably going to get abuse for saying this, but I think I'd take the £3m. Seems like a fair offer to me - he's not going to dislodge Davies any time soon and it would give him a better chance of first team football.

Of course, this depends upon us having a cheaper replacement in mind - and upon Davies not going anywhere for the next couple of years.
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 09:26 - Jan 17 with 4085 viewsRancid

He won't go anywhere.Not in this window anyway.We're far too threadbare at the back as it is.
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 11:24 - Jan 17 with 3899 viewsWhiterockin

IMO Taylor is a better defender that Ben, but Ben is better going forward. Opposing teams know this and target Ben this is how he gets caught out of position so much. I would probably play Ben ahead of Taylor but I can't for the life of me understand whey Taylor doesn't play right back when Rangel is out.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 11:33 - Jan 17 with 3870 viewsdcd14

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 07:38 - Jan 17 by Trundle10

Ben hasn't been playing very well for a while now. would pick Taylor before him anyway.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2014 7:39]

Davies is better than Taylor quite considerably.

Which games do you base Davies hasn't played well for a while on?? IMO been one in the top 3 for MOTM most games this season!!

If we played Taylor more often maybe you would see how much we rely on Davies's stamina getting forward constantly to help out in attack.
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 11:47 - Jan 17 with 3824 viewsQuakerJack

No thanks... go away...

wouldn't think he'd go, high risk of him being a league below next year with a pay cut

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 11:47 - Jan 17 with 3826 viewsWarwickHunt

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 11:33 - Jan 17 by dcd14

Which games do you base Davies hasn't played well for a while on?? IMO been one in the top 3 for MOTM most games this season!!

If we played Taylor more often maybe you would see how much we rely on Davies's stamina getting forward constantly to help out in attack.

Ben has mainly been outstanding since he came in, the last few matches he's been very poor though.

Neil was unlucky not to play at OT for the league game after a great performance in the cup. Ben had a shocker on Sunday and Rangel wasn't much better...
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 11:56 - Jan 17 with 3796 viewsQuakerJack

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 11:47 - Jan 17 by WarwickHunt

Ben has mainly been outstanding since he came in, the last few matches he's been very poor though.

Neil was unlucky not to play at OT for the league game after a great performance in the cup. Ben had a shocker on Sunday and Rangel wasn't much better...

would you start Taylor against Spurs Warwick?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 12:01 - Jan 17 with 3774 viewsJJJack

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 09:18 - Jan 17 by SkipTheJack

I'm probably going to get abuse for saying this, but I think I'd take the £3m. Seems like a fair offer to me - he's not going to dislodge Davies any time soon and it would give him a better chance of first team football.

Of course, this depends upon us having a cheaper replacement in mind - and upon Davies not going anywhere for the next couple of years.

I agree. £3m for a player that is effectively a reserve fullback is good dollar. I'd prefer to keep him but I think SCFC would find it difficult to turn down a bid of around £3m. No way on God's earth we'd get £6m for him.....people aren't looking at actual prices for full-backs...along with Keepers they are by a distance the cheapest players to buy.
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 12:03 - Jan 17 with 3767 viewsWarwickHunt

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 11:56 - Jan 17 by QuakerJack

would you start Taylor against Spurs Warwick?

Yes.

If Tiendalli played like Ben did on Sunday there'd be a five pager slagging him off.
Ben is the better player for me but I think he needs a break.
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 12:07 - Jan 17 with 3750 viewsTrundle10

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 11:33 - Jan 17 by dcd14

He has been aversge since November. He has not played anywhere near as well as he has previously. If he was not a local boy we would not be having this discussion.
Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 12:15 - Jan 17 with 3722 viewswaynekerr55

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 12:03 - Jan 17 by WarwickHunt

Yes.

If Tiendalli played like Ben did on Sunday there'd be a five pager slagging him off.
Ben is the better player for me but I think he needs a break.

This

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 12:48 - Jan 17 with 3617 viewsDull1Thomas

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 12:07 - Jan 17 by Trundle10

He has been aversge since November. He has not played anywhere near as well as he has previously. If he was not a local boy we would not be having this discussion.

I'd say he's been poor since his return - and it isn't only his play (understandable after such a lay off) but the way he blames others for his errors really annoys me especially when he has been given the captaincy. Instead of busting a gut to make up for errors he has had a tendency, when in forward positions, to dawdle so he can have a go at others players.
£3 million at present is a good price.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 12:48 - Jan 17 with 3616 views2face

Fulham chasing Neil Taylor on 07:34 - Jan 17 by tylagarwjack

Given the injuries we have (I'm thinking of taking my boots to the Spurs game just in case!!) and the number of games we have and could have if we do well in the cups, selling him is surely not an option, more difficult if he wants to go but we need to stand firm on this, especially for a paltry £3m.

"...I'm thinking of taking my boots to the Spurs game just in case!!..."

Like that West Ham fan Harry Redknapp brought on against Oxford

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/05/harry-redknapp-played-fan-w
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024