Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to the new look LFW 09:39 - Jun 7 with 11530 viewsNorthernr

Ok guys, welcome to the new look LoftforWords.

As explained over on the old site the ClubFanzine network is closing necessitating the move elsewhere. I personally think gav has done a fine job getting the new fans network up and running and over the coming weeks you'll see lots more new features coming online.

The first benefit you'll notice is - no more problems posting links. Just stick the address into your post and it will become a live link automatically. You can embed YoutTube videos in your posts as well.

Other benefits include:

- whole new stats section (will become apparent when the season starts)
- blogs facility
- easier to post links on the messageboard
- easier to post images on the messageboard
- the ability to stick youtube clips into messageboard postings
- more messages per thread page
- the ability to customise the forum to the way you want it (4 options available)
- massively improved PM system (ie it actually works)
- player profiles linking to stories regarding that player
- easier to search the site for specific stories
- faster server hosting the site
- next game / last game displayed on front page (currently displaying WC info)
- the time actually works on the messageboard
- the League tables work

I know the immediate reaction to change/new site is to moan and groan and say you preferred the old one but I hope you'll agree that the site is looking great already and will improve as the weeks go by.

I'm determined to keep LFW going and take it from strength to strength as an independent voice for the fans and an online place for QPR fans to meet and chat without fear of over moderation or being treated like children.

Any problems I'm on the usual loftforwords@yahoo.co.uk.

The old board will remain open for a couple of days in case anybody has problems logging in here but will then be switched off.

Northern/Clive
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024