Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reflections on today's game 23:20 - Mar 30 with 1500 viewsdavman

Disappointed at the result, but enjoyed the spirit and performance, especially the second half.

1. They were rank. Aside from the goal, they were set up to defend in a bank of 4 and 5 and catch us on the break. Maybe they knew that we'd lose the ball, but the chances they had in the first half all came from us giving it away cheaply.

2. Lynch was awful first half. He seems to think that he is a baller, but he a'int all that with the ball. He was lucky on a couple of occasions.

3...but he was far, far better than Conor Washington. Any usefulness that bloke had has gone after today. He was abysmal, pulling out of challenges and sadly looking miles and miles out of his depth. If he takes up a squad place next season, it'll be a waste. Take what we can get and move on.

4. Ollie - I get that his plan was to use mobile, pressing forward players, but Washington in for Smith and Cousins for Luongo weakened the team immensely. I get Scowen coming back in for Manning and also why Eze was left out, but the others were bad decisions.

5. First half, we had no idea how to break their defensive shape down. There was simply no movement ahead of the ball carrier, little urgency to get the ball forward, hence the Swansealona style high % possession with little goal threat.

6. Second half was a massive improvement, but again very little end product unfortunately. We deserved the equaliser, but it felt inevitable we'd miss it irrespective who took it.

Ratings:
Smithies - nothing to do. 6
Furlong - solid performance, looking settled as our right back 6.5
Bidwell - forget the penalty (he should never be our taker), a solid game. 6.5
Lynch - improved second half, too many bad passes first half - 5.5
Ned - brilliant defending at times, MotM for me - 7
Scowen - mostly good, but got caught in possession where we couldn't afford him to be - 6
Cousins - a very Jermaine Jenas, Casper the friendly ghost type performance. I am sure he didn't do much wrong, but not fantastic. 6
Freeman - some examples of holding the ball too long, not quite good enough defensively, but grew into the game - 6.5
Smyth - lots of energy, some great touches and runs, but found it difficult to get involved - 5.5
Pav - some great stuff,but none of the direct running that he does well - 6
Washington -very, very poor; did not look like a professional footballer at times - 4

Smith - not too much impact, but came close a couple of times - 6
Eze, Luongo - too late,not enough game time.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Reflections on today's game on 00:02 - Mar 31 with 1379 viewsDevon_4_England

First half was too slow and at times played at a walking pace.
We lacked a creative spark and whilst Cousins showed for the ball most of his touches went backwards.
2nd half was better but Eze, Luongo and Smith should have started. I know Ollie will say we've got a game on Monday but Reading were there for the taking and we had a chance to build momentum.

Their players were a disgrace at the penalty. Bidwell had a decent penalty record at Brentford and shouldn't be blamed for what was a decent save. He looked distraught after the game and doesn't deserve to be hung out to dry.
Reflections on today's game on 00:11 - Mar 31 with 1354 viewsDavieQPR

Bidwell has only ever scored 4 goals, one was for us, so how can that be a decent penalty
record.
Reflections on today's game on 00:19 - Mar 31 with 1335 viewsDevon_4_England

Reflections on today's game on 00:11 - Mar 31 by DavieQPR

Bidwell has only ever scored 4 goals, one was for us, so how can that be a decent penalty
record.

I understood Bidwell was Brentford's regular taker and he had a good record. Apologies if this is incorrect
Reflections on today's game on 00:24 - Mar 31 with 1315 viewsmylot50years

For 70 minutes no urgency no high tempo against very poor opposition, no sense in the chosen starting line up on the back of two decent away performance's. Very confusing and not fcking good enough quite frankly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024