Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 21s 22:40 - Mar 25 with 668 viewsderbyhoop

Won again today and should be up to second in a League that is far more competitive than what they have been involved in previously. I may be wrong, but their performances give some hope for the future. Today's side had just 1 senior pro, in Luke Young. He lasted 25 minutes before going off injured. Joe Lumley, Petrasso, Carreiro and Skapetis can still play for the U18s

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Under 21s on 11:33 - Mar 26 with 567 viewsrunningman75

Would like to have grounds for optimism but the majority of our youth players seem to end up in the Ryman league or lower down the non league ladder.
Under 21s on 16:45 - Mar 26 with 490 viewsNorthernr

I watched their game with Swansea last week. I liked Skapetis, sharp in and around the penalty box, no messing about, a bit Billy Sharp like.
Under 21s on 20:19 - Mar 26 with 420 viewsderbyhoop

Under 21s on 11:33 - Mar 26 by runningman75

Would like to have grounds for optimism but the majority of our youth players seem to end up in the Ryman league or lower down the non league ladder.

3 or 4 years ago I'd agree with that sentiment. But we are now loaning players out to reasonable level League sides. Relatively recent departures like Lee Brown, Joe Oastler, Josh Parker ended up at L2 clubs. Ehmer, Andrade, Doughty, Hewitt and Harriman have all had loan deals which suggest they ought to have a League level career.

Not good enough for us but it's a step in the right direction.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024