Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon Hughes 08:38 - Sep 5 with 4488 viewsSomersetHoops

I know nothing about the stabbing incident at Everton by this thug, apart from the reports, but surely the club should be making a statement about this now the trial is over. I understand he arrived and left by coach and assume it was one of those organised by the club or a supporters group. Leon Hughes had previous and went to the game carrying a knife and it seems was looking for an opportunity to use it. He has been jailed for 5 years (presumably out in two and a half) and banned from going within a mile of a stadium where QPR are playing for 8 years. I think the club should ban him for life and make it clear we don't want or need support from thugs like him. QPR need to ensure that this type of action is not associated with our club. They may say it happened at Everton so its not their concern, but its clear Hughes was using his support of QPR as an excuse to carry out this vicious attack so they have a duty to condemn it.

Who's Next?

Leon Hughes on 08:58 - Sep 5 with 4423 viewsNathanNI

F*ck me, can't we just leave this now.

I don't know the exact circumstances, and few probably do, but are we not best letting the courts decide?
[Post edited 5 Sep 2013 9:01]
Leon Hughes on 08:59 - Sep 5 with 4420 viewsNorthernr

Thereby totally prejudicing the second part of the trial due in November. That would be the worst idea the club has had since it signed Ji Sung Park. Still, nice contempt of court charge would keep the club's lawyers on their toes I'm sure.
Leon Hughes on 09:25 - Sep 5 with 4317 viewsSomersetHoops

Leon Hughes on 08:59 - Sep 5 by Northernr

Thereby totally prejudicing the second part of the trial due in November. That would be the worst idea the club has had since it signed Ji Sung Park. Still, nice contempt of court charge would keep the club's lawyers on their toes I'm sure.

As I said I only read the reports which said he had been sentenced so prejudice would not apply as judgement has been made. Normally that means the trial is over, so is the second trial for something else or is it for other people? Either way this action needs to be confronted at the right time, whenever that is, rather than trying to pretend its nothing to do with QPR.

Who's Next?

Leon Hughes on 09:28 - Sep 5 with 4297 viewsDylanP

I agree that the bloke is scum.

I am embarrassed to see my beloved club's name sullied by association with him.

I hope he gets a lifetime ban from the club when this is all over.

I am not sure why we need a fourth thread in three days on the exact same miserable incident.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Leon Hughes on 09:31 - Sep 5 with 4283 viewspomanjou

Somerset, Maybe the right post, but definitely the wrong time.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Leon Hughes on 09:54 - Sep 5 with 4218 viewsNorthernr

Leon Hughes on 09:25 - Sep 5 by SomersetHoops

As I said I only read the reports which said he had been sentenced so prejudice would not apply as judgement has been made. Normally that means the trial is over, so is the second trial for something else or is it for other people? Either way this action needs to be confronted at the right time, whenever that is, rather than trying to pretend its nothing to do with QPR.

Read this report to the end. Realise it's not the right time. Leave it alone.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/football-hooligan-who-stabbed

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024