Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player Contracts 21:37 - Oct 6 with 1298 viewsisawqpratwcity

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23923904

Some interesting stuff...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Player Contracts on 21:59 - Oct 6 with 1219 viewsHollowayRanger

we've had a few of these

Appearance-based deals can have their drawbacks for players though. Preston striker Kevin Davies, who spent 15 seasons in the Premier League, says: "I know players who have got within a game of earning a new deal. Then, depending on the club's finances or a new manager who doesn't fancy them, it turns out they don't play again

Championship: £4,000 to £5,000 a week. Top earners £8,000 to £9,000

ANYONE TOLD TONY!
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 22:02]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Player Contracts on 22:10 - Oct 6 with 1186 viewsisawqpratwcity

The elephant that definitely isn't in the room in that article is the existence or not of performance- or behaviour-based cancellation clauses.

The bit that I found most interesting is the 'average' earnings in the various divisions.

Even by comparison with peers, we were spunking money away in the Premier.

As for the Championship, Clive's recent observation that the wages of just one of our higher paid players would cover the whole of Yeovil Town's team seems genuinely reasonable.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Player Contracts on 22:27 - Oct 6 with 1147 viewsHollowayRanger

GOES WITHOUT SAYING IF WE DONT GO UP

we are not just in the poo

we are the poo!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Player Contracts on 22:32 - Oct 6 with 1132 viewsLblock

Player Contracts on 22:27 - Oct 6 by HollowayRanger

GOES WITHOUT SAYING IF WE DONT GO UP

we are not just in the poo

we are the poo!

We have two years to return to the hideous trough and if we don't then we probably never will
Can't say I'd be too bothered!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Player Contracts on 22:35 - Oct 6 with 1130 viewsTacticalR

Hmmm...I see Sunderland have a strict no space travel policy, yet do not seem averse to employing space cadets.

Air hostess clique

Player Contracts on 08:57 - Oct 7 with 913 viewsderbyhoop

Player Contracts on 21:59 - Oct 6 by HollowayRanger

we've had a few of these

Appearance-based deals can have their drawbacks for players though. Preston striker Kevin Davies, who spent 15 seasons in the Premier League, says: "I know players who have got within a game of earning a new deal. Then, depending on the club's finances or a new manager who doesn't fancy them, it turns out they don't play again

Championship: £4,000 to £5,000 a week. Top earners £8,000 to £9,000

ANYONE TOLD TONY!
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 22:02]

We were overpaying last season, we're overpaying this.

But when you recall some of the suggestions of the wages that should have been offered to potential recruits in the Summer, there's many a poster on here needs to get a reality check.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Player Contracts on 12:39 - Oct 7 with 841 viewssimmo

I wouldnt be surprised if the top 10 earners in this league are all QPR players, some of them probably not even first 11 players.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024