Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First game for my five year old 09:25 - Jan 1 with 877 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Happy new year to all. A fantastic forum this. I'm taking my five year old boy to his first game today. Slightly concerned that our measured passing may not keep his attention for the full 90 minutes. Hoping that he becomes fascinated by the response of the faithful if the bore feet continues. Anyway anyone else take youngsters on a regular basis? How do you get on?
First game for my five year old on 09:44 - Jan 1 with 855 viewsGloucs_R

Let us know how he gets on. My lad has turned 4 and I told him he can go when he is 5.....interested to know if yours stays focused for the whole game! Good luck!

Poll: Are we staying up?

First game for my five year old on 10:09 - Jan 1 with 838 viewsbaz_qpr

Took mine to his first game when he turned 6 it was the most boring day of his life he said (0-0 draw v Everton) waited again until this season, when he started asking to come, he still gets a little bored and cold, but he likes the whole ritual of it, from cooked breakfast, a whole load of sweets and pop in the bag. Pre match in the lower loft which to give the club their due is excellent for young children (greeted by Sparks or Jude, face painting and the games room). He loves the atmosphere and of course the thrill of the goal, unfortunately however tiki taka football with only a goal in it can be quite boring for a kid.

Have a great day
First game for my five year old on 10:21 - Jan 1 with 824 viewsdaveB

My four year old is going today, been to a few before as well. If you are in the family stand they have a lot to keep kids occupied, football bingo cards, the mascots come round and have photos done and they have a kids room before the game, if you turn left at the stairs where the bookies used to be walk pass the life size SWP and they have a room with nintendo wii, board games, colouring and table football. The kids remember all that more than the game. Mine tends to enjoy the first ten minutes of each half and anytime we get a corner, the rest of the time he's bored senseless but then again so am i most weeks
First game for my five year old on 10:40 - Jan 1 with 800 viewsloftboy

Been taking my 8 year old since he was 4, used to sleep through half the game but the promotion season really got him in to it, he wouldnt be anywhere else now, also done a few away days with him,absolutely loves it.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

First game for my five year old on 18:26 - Jan 1 with 709 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Thanks for all advice support. Just got back and he loved it. He sang come on your r'ssss for a good twenty minutes in the second half when no one including me was singing. I was preparing for the worst but he never complained at all. Will try family stand next time as I was in x in Ellerslie. It was a lovely bonding experience and I think QPR may have another convert for life...... Poor sod.
First game for my five year old on 19:35 - Jan 1 with 661 viewsKerryE

My 5 year old had his second game today. He nearly fell asleep 1st half, but most of us did I guess.
First game for my five year old on 21:34 - Jan 1 with 595 viewstheselector

First game for my five year old on 18:26 - Jan 1 by oldmeadoniansR

Thanks for all advice support. Just got back and he loved it. He sang come on your r'ssss for a good twenty minutes in the second half when no one including me was singing. I was preparing for the worst but he never complained at all. Will try family stand next time as I was in x in Ellerslie. It was a lovely bonding experience and I think QPR may have another convert for life...... Poor sod.

You never sing anyway. I pity him but we've all had to suffer so why should he escape?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024