Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Rhodes 17:22 - May 26 with 1118 viewsjamois

Should be ready for a change from Blackburn by now. Worth a go?

No doubt there'll be many threads like this over the summer on multiple players. I suppose it depends where the priorities are seen to lie and just how 'balanced' Beard's spending is.

I cannot see how we can avoid improving our striking options though.
Then there's our ageing defence....

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Jordan Rhodes on 17:27 - May 26 with 1091 viewsbillericaydicky

Bring Rudy Gestede with him??
Jordan Rhodes on 18:06 - May 26 with 1000 viewsrsonist

Price has never been the full picture with regards to explaining why Rhodes hasn't moved up a level yet. He is absolutely clinical but offers very very little in general play otherwise, and weds you to playing two up front to give him chances.

On the other hand - goals is goals is goals. Is it as simple as that?
Jordan Rhodes on 18:32 - May 26 with 941 viewsqprnw10

Very similar player to Charlie and the two wouldn't work well upfront together.Someone like Ings or McCormack would be better as they could play the lone role or upfront with Charlie.
Jordan Rhodes on 19:09 - May 26 with 887 viewsqprnw10

Very similar player to Charlie and the two wouldn't work well upfront together.Someone like Ings or McCormack would be better as they could play the lone role or upfront with Charlie.
Jordan Rhodes on 19:54 - May 26 with 809 viewsrsonist

Disagree - think Charlie's a very decent lone front-man (albeit not his preferred role). If he's seemed ineffective it's because he's had very little support from midfield.
Jordan Rhodes on 11:59 - May 27 with 640 views08olesen

The one concern i have with buying the best championship strikers, is that you only have to look at Graham, Bothroyd, Vydra, Wickham and Long (too an extent) to see that it really isnt the same game in the premier league.

After watching some of Rhodes goals, most of them are down to some shocking defending or a tap in. Is it really worth paying 5 million+ for a player who doesn't have any outstanding pace, height or strength which would be needed in the premier league.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Jordan Rhodes on 12:10 - May 27 with 602 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm not sure Rhodes will be worth the price Blackburn would demand for him (having paid £7m for him themselves), especially as he's unproven in the prem.

Danny Ings would be great, but why would Burnley sell to us having both achieved promotion and likely being relegation rivals next season?
Jordan Rhodes on 12:27 - May 27 with 556 viewssimmo

Jordan Rhodes on 11:59 - May 27 by 08olesen

The one concern i have with buying the best championship strikers, is that you only have to look at Graham, Bothroyd, Vydra, Wickham and Long (too an extent) to see that it really isnt the same game in the premier league.

After watching some of Rhodes goals, most of them are down to some shocking defending or a tap in. Is it really worth paying 5 million+ for a player who doesn't have any outstanding pace, height or strength which would be needed in the premier league.

Could say the same thing about Charlie though couldnt you, and nobody here would advocate not giving him his chance in the Premiership.

I would get him, defintiely. Also we could be back in the Championship in 12 months, so why not buy players that you know would stay with you if you went down and be what you need to gain promotion again, WBA did similarly.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Rhodes on 12:54 - May 27 with 513 views08olesen

Jordan Rhodes on 12:27 - May 27 by simmo

Could say the same thing about Charlie though couldnt you, and nobody here would advocate not giving him his chance in the Premiership.

I would get him, defintiely. Also we could be back in the Championship in 12 months, so why not buy players that you know would stay with you if you went down and be what you need to gain promotion again, WBA did similarly.

Absolutely, im intrigued to see how Austin will do, personally i think he is a all round better player than the likes of Bothroyd and Graham though, so i am hopeful.

Jordan Rhodes would cost us between 5-7 i think, and we got Remy for 8. It just seems like a lot of money for a guy who plays in the second tier of football does it not? Especially if we only play 1 up front.

Poll: Who will the other play off

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024