Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another bloody music thread 18:33 - Jun 8 with 1015 viewsBoston

....but this time it's linked in to football, or to be precise, football stadiums. Who has been to a ground for a gig? Although I've never been much of a big event bloke, I have been to a few clubs for the roar of the metal rather than the home terrace. Me, Loftus Rd for Yes, Charlton for The Who and Stoke for Motörhead spring to mind.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Another bloody music thread on 18:49 - Jun 8 with 999 viewsPeterHucker

saw U2 twice at Wembley (1987 & 1993)
Springsteen twice at Etihad, Manchester & once at Ricoh Arena, Coventry.
Seen Radiohead, REM, Morrissey, Madness, Pixies & The Cure at Old Trafford (cricket ground though)
I think that's it. Don't really like stadium gigs. Give me a small grimy venue every time.

A band I used to play in did gigs at the City Ground Nottingham and Edgeley Park, Stockport.
I've also sang on the pitch at Boothferry Park at half time when Hull City were playing Rushden & Diamonds. Highlight of the day was having my photo taken with Marcus Bignot, who was playing for Rushden at the time.
Another bloody music thread on 20:52 - Jun 8 with 954 viewsMonahoop

Slade, my first gig, in 1976 at Brighton's old Gallstone Ground.
Rolling Stones at Wembley Stadium in 1990.
The Nashville Teens at Wimbledon's old Plough Lane ground about 1981. In fact it was in a club attached to the ground, so not sure it counts, but I was one of only 4 bods in the audience. That was about average for a Wimbledon home game back then!!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Another bloody music thread on 21:15 - Jun 8 with 943 viewsqprwpg

do Canadian Football (CFL) stadiums count? Saw U2's pop tour at the Winnipeg Blue Bomber stadium. Met Bono too at his hotel the day before. He's short and was drunk as a skunk. Got his autograph and shared the story on a radio & tv station. That was my (not even) 15 minutes of fame.

Twitter: @qprwpg

Another bloody music thread on 08:26 - Jun 9 with 903 viewsloftboy

Wham the final in 1986 at Wembley, then went to see U2 at Wembley as well for the Joshua tree tour only to be ejected just as the pogues were coming on stage for passing out pissed on the hallowed (tarpaulin covered) turf. Was home in bed before U2 even got on stage.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2016 8:51]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Another bloody music thread on 08:35 - Jun 9 with 900 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Metallica Wembley stadium 2007

Aerosmith Wembley stadium (old one 1999)

Rolling Stones Twickenham(does that count) (2003?)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Another bloody music thread on 16:21 - Jun 9 with 853 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Can I add a Sub Genre

Cricket Ground concerts, I was at all three held at the Oval back in the early seventies.

I think they stopped them when there was some impromptu pitch burning and the cricket authorities were not impressed.

Had to look the full bills up

Oval 1971: The Who, The Faces, Atomic Rooster, Eugene Wallace, America, Mott The Hoople ,Quintessence ,Lindisfarne, Grease Band and Cochise .

Oval 1972: September Frank Zappa ,Hawkwind, Beck,Bogart and Appice, Linda Lewis, Man ,Biggles ,Sam Apple Pie ,Quiver.

Oval 1972: Wishbone Ash, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Genesis, Argent , Focus ,Jack Bruce and Fudd

....and before anyone asks I haven't got a clue who either Eugene Wallace, Biggles or Fudd were!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024