Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flags for stan 20:40 - Jun 25 with 2342 viewsLadbrokeR

I saw an excellent QPR banner with Stan Bowles on it at the stone roses. I have also seen a QPR Stan Bowles flag at Glastonbury. Are we getting the flags out for Stan?
Flags for stan on 21:24 - Jun 25 with 2284 viewsted_hendrix

It was sometime in 2004 I'd driven up to LR for an evening game after a days work, had me fry up in the cafe on Bloemfontein Road so I nipped into the club shop to kill a bit of time, as I came out I met another fan I knew who told me Stan was having a pint in the General Smuts, I hurried down to the pub and asked Stan If he'd autograph my picture of him, (grin on his face as he said "yea course I will")'
I shot back to the club shop and forked out £60. for the framed picture of 'The outlaw Stanley Bowles'
Straight back to the Smuts and there was Stan with a couple of mates with a half full Pint glass glued to his face, he duly signed my picture and accepted my offer of another pint, he grinned at me and said "be lucky" and that's an evening I shall never forget.
(Apart from the long walk back to the car to put the picture in the boot before kick off)

I couldn't give a flying f uck for today's footballers with their own personal Managers and their own ego personal trainers, give me the likes of Stan Bowles all day long.

He was a gem of a player to watch, there were times when that bloody football was stuck to his left foot, one touch of the ball and he was gone leaving his marker for dead.

Loved the bloke, he was our working class hero, I've got my ticket for the 29th July.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024