Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football - a central problem....who takes the Risk? 18:01 - Mar 27 with 215 viewscoolranger

I've said it before many times, but a central problem for me with football is the fact that clubs take 90 per cent of risk.

They sign players to hugely lucrative, and seemingly fixed, contracts where only a small proportion is 'performance-linked', and then hope to God that players are a) are fit b) play c) perform and d) it all works.

Take Cisse. Effectively 2 months out, costing the club around £350,000 per month to have on the books, and yet not available during a crucial time which will cost the club £millions if relegated.

What other 'business' would sustain such risks? I can't think of one.

If 'basic salaries' were even a third of those touted in the media, and the balance was made up of appearance and win bonuses, we might see a more motivated workforce. Not as if any of these guys would suffer much under such a system. Seriously can't understand why clubs have not implemented something along these lines many years ago.

They have collectively slit their own throats.
Football - a central problem....who takes the Risk? on 19:20 - Mar 27 with 196 viewsJuzzie

I've said pretty much the same and I think the simple reason why clubs haven't implemented any systems is agents & fear. Fear they won't get promoted, fear they'll get relegated.

Agents who then play on the clubs paranoia. Scum of the earth. "Yeah, don't worry.... Dyer's problems are all behind him he'll play 38 games, rock solid, you'll see... now sign here"

Football - a central problem....who takes the Risk? on 22:08 - Mar 27 with 164 viewsqprwpg

Football - a central problem....who takes the Risk? on 19:20 - Mar 27 by Juzzie

I've said pretty much the same and I think the simple reason why clubs haven't implemented any systems is agents & fear. Fear they won't get promoted, fear they'll get relegated.

Agents who then play on the clubs paranoia. Scum of the earth. "Yeah, don't worry.... Dyer's problems are all behind him he'll play 38 games, rock solid, you'll see... now sign here"

You forgot about some brown envelopes being handed over, here and there. Allegedly.

Actually, if people realized, they have the most power if they choose to vote with their feet (and wallets).

Twitter: @qprwpg

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024