Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion 08:18 - Mar 30 with 1177 viewsJAPRANGERS

Amazing!
http://news.sky.com/home/strange-news/article/16198822

Great story!
Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 09:12 - Mar 30 with 921 viewsheadhoops

Sorry Japrangers - lucky he happened to be carrying rocks, played pat a cake with the cub - why am I feeling sceptical?

I did read that police in the US reported that 2% of americans claim they have been abducted by aliens. Thats around 6 million people? Only in America.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 09:16 - Mar 30 with 911 viewsJAPRANGERS

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 09:12 - Mar 30 by headhoops

Sorry Japrangers - lucky he happened to be carrying rocks, played pat a cake with the cub - why am I feeling sceptical?

I did read that police in the US reported that 2% of americans claim they have been abducted by aliens. Thats around 6 million people? Only in America.

yeah, could be a guy just after attention.

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 09:16 - Mar 30 with 909 viewsLewes_r

The bear was playing paticake with its cub not the bloke.. Bears do this btw

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 09:43 - Mar 30 with 880 viewsTheBlob

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 09:16 - Mar 30 by Lewes_r

The bear was playing paticake with its cub not the bloke.. Bears do this btw

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....cake........outdoor cake...patties and cake...and they say evolution is bollocks....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 09:57 - Mar 30 with 862 viewsJAPRANGERS

Fascinating creatures bears. I had quite a close encounter with one once when walking in the mountains here in Hokkaido but it wasn't interested in our walking party thank God!

http://www.fs.fed.us/r10/tongass/forest_facts/safety/bearfacts.htm

Never run from a bear, they have been clocked at 35mph! There was a guy in Canada who encountered a bear and he had the presence of mind just to stand still and look down. The bear approached him, licked him all over (!) and just went off and left him alone. Bet he had to change his pants after that!
Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 10:05 - Mar 30 with 841 viewsLewes_r

Had a bear practically pulling up my tent pegs in backcountry yosemite

Idiot mate confessed to emptying water from a tin of tuna outside our tents

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 10:12 - Mar 30 with 824 viewsTheBlob

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 09:57 - Mar 30 by JAPRANGERS

Fascinating creatures bears. I had quite a close encounter with one once when walking in the mountains here in Hokkaido but it wasn't interested in our walking party thank God!

http://www.fs.fed.us/r10/tongass/forest_facts/safety/bearfacts.htm

Never run from a bear, they have been clocked at 35mph! There was a guy in Canada who encountered a bear and he had the presence of mind just to stand still and look down. The bear approached him, licked him all over (!) and just went off and left him alone. Bet he had to change his pants after that!

Aren't you supposed to play dead?If you go limp and roll yourself into a ball they leave you alone?Sounds like someone I used to go out with.....

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 10:24 - Mar 30 with 808 viewsJAPRANGERS

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 10:05 - Mar 30 by Lewes_r

Had a bear practically pulling up my tent pegs in backcountry yosemite

Idiot mate confessed to emptying water from a tin of tuna outside our tents

wow, you must have been sh**ing yourself???!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 10:31 - Mar 30 with 801 viewsJAPRANGERS

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 10:12 - Mar 30 by TheBlob

Aren't you supposed to play dead?If you go limp and roll yourself into a ball they leave you alone?Sounds like someone I used to go out with.....

yeah, play dead, that's what they say, but this Canadian walker dude I read about just stood still and lived to tell the tale. I wonder though, just lying there playing dead just makes the bear think here's a piece of meat for dinner?? I guess depends on whether or not the bear is hungry and whether the human(?) is a Chelsea supporter or not init??
Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 10:41 - Mar 30 with 790 viewsTheBlob

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 10:31 - Mar 30 by JAPRANGERS

yeah, play dead, that's what they say, but this Canadian walker dude I read about just stood still and lived to tell the tale. I wonder though, just lying there playing dead just makes the bear think here's a piece of meat for dinner?? I guess depends on whether or not the bear is hungry and whether the human(?) is a Chelsea supporter or not init??

Apparently they just roll you around a bit like a football and then leave you alone - a bit like our defence.
There's actually a school of thought that believes humans were descended from bears,the embryo is remarkably similar.Might be a reason why I like honey.....mmmmmmmmm....honey ,mummy.....

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 10:55 - Mar 30 with 771 viewsLewes_r

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 10:24 - Mar 30 by JAPRANGERS

wow, you must have been sh**ing yourself???!!!!

It was 15 years ago and still have nighmares about it when camping... Just ran out the tent bashing pots and pans.. It soon farked off

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 10:59 - Mar 30 with 761 viewsandygg

And afterwards a spaceship came down and took him to hospital, after giving him a good probing.
Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 11:00 - Mar 30 with 757 viewsCanadaRanger

Firstly, if you're in the back country in Canada it's a really good idea to have little bells on your coat so as not to startle bears, and also to carry pepper spray. Secondly, the type of bear makes all the difference. Is it a black bear or a grizzly bear we are talking about. The easiest way to tell what kind of bears there are about is to look out for their droppings. The black bear is smaller and its droppings are full of berry seeds and bits of squirrel fur. The grizzly bear is bigger and its dropping are full of little bells and smell like pepper spray.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 11:04 - Mar 30 with 747 viewsandygg

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 11:00 - Mar 30 by CanadaRanger

Firstly, if you're in the back country in Canada it's a really good idea to have little bells on your coat so as not to startle bears, and also to carry pepper spray. Secondly, the type of bear makes all the difference. Is it a black bear or a grizzly bear we are talking about. The easiest way to tell what kind of bears there are about is to look out for their droppings. The black bear is smaller and its droppings are full of berry seeds and bits of squirrel fur. The grizzly bear is bigger and its dropping are full of little bells and smell like pepper spray.

Were you the Mounty in that American cop show?
Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 11:08 - Mar 30 with 740 viewsCanadaRanger

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 11:04 - Mar 30 by andygg

Were you the Mounty in that American cop show?

No, but I did once have to speak to a southern United States software company "Customer Service" representative who asked "if we had computer stores in Canada". I said "I could probably find one or two somewhere amongst the Igloos"...
Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 11:18 - Mar 30 with 731 viewsandygg

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 11:08 - Mar 30 by CanadaRanger

No, but I did once have to speak to a southern United States software company "Customer Service" representative who asked "if we had computer stores in Canada". I said "I could probably find one or two somewhere amongst the Igloos"...

And I bet he/she didnt get your sarcasm.
Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 11:19 - Mar 30 with 728 viewsJamie

There was a documentary on Discovery ages ago about a guy who lived with bears and insisted, perhaps with good reason that bears were intrigued by humans rather than interested in hunting them, although when hungry they are unpredictable - much like any animal.

The same guy was ultimately killed by a bear and it was recorded by his own camera.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell
Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 12:01 - Mar 30 with 691 viewsblacky200

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 11:00 - Mar 30 by CanadaRanger

Sorry but if I am being chased by a bear the bear is going to stand more chance of looking at my droppings than me of its droppings.
Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 12:40 - Mar 30 with 655 viewsTheBlob

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 12:01 - Mar 30 by blacky200

Sorry but if I am being chased by a bear the bear is going to stand more chance of looking at my droppings than me of its droppings.

I would confuse them with irony and ridicule.

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 13:44 - Mar 30 with 608 viewsR_from_afar

Another life saver can be to just drop anything you happen to be carrying as the bear will go to check it for food rather than attacking you. The only exceptions are QPR shirts with "Barton" or "SWP" on as the bear will go straight for your throat if you try and palm him or her off with worthless rubbish like that.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 13:46 - Mar 30 with 604 viewsheadhoops

the best defence from a bear is a mattabooboo.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 13:48 - Mar 30 with 601 viewsandygg

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 13:46 - Mar 30 by headhoops

the best defence from a bear is a mattabooboo.

Yes Yogi.
Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 17:46 - Mar 30 with 513 viewswalshy15a

If you are being attacked by a massive Grizzley Bear your best defence is to whimper like a schoolgirl and Sh*t yourself.
Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 17:48 - Mar 30 with 511 viewsTheBlob

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 17:46 - Mar 30 by walshy15a

If you are being attacked by a massive Grizzley Bear your best defence is to whimper like a schoolgirl and Sh*t yourself.

No change there then.

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 17:55 - Mar 30 with 498 viewsDylanP

Bear saves a man being attacked by a lion on 10:12 - Mar 30 by TheBlob

It depends on the type of bear. Brown bears are fairly timid and load noises will spook them. For a brown bear you stand tall and make lots of noise. For a Grizzly you play dead. They are not timid at all and will attack. Running away will encourage them as they will see you as prey. Cover the back of the nexk and play dead and you have a fighting chance.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024