Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. 16:58 - Aug 24 with 477 viewsSomersetHoops

If we need players in, anyone in a top half club is going to be reluctant to come to QPR with the prospect of battling to stay in the PL. Our result last week did nothing to convince anyone that we won't be.

Results like that can do more damage than just the points and goals given away, so its even more important that we get a result at Norwich. Problem is after last weeks debacle from both clubs they are both likely to 'park the bus' and finish 0-0

Who's Next?

We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 16:59 - Aug 24 with 469 viewsNorthernr

Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money.
Same with footballers.

We managed to attract players just fine all summer despite last season's train wreck and near miss.
We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:08 - Aug 24 with 445 viewsadhoc_qpr

What so if we'd won 5-0 Dawson, Caesar and Carvalho would already be signed, sealed and ready for the debuts tomorrow? Don't think so...

Players will want to wait to see what offers are on the table first.

The plus for us with Dawson is we have already had a bid accepted, Spurs want to sell and they probably want the cash to reinvest so won't want it to be a deadline day deal.
We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:12 - Aug 24 with 428 viewsCharlie1

2:59 baby!

We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:12 - Aug 24 with 423 viewsNorthernr

The issue with Dawson is he's highly rated, good age, good player. Why would he rush to sign for anybody now when he knows that as the deadline comes closer and desperation increases bidding wars and silly offers start to happen? He gains little by moving to QPR now, might gain an extra £10k a week at QPR or a better club if he waits until next Friday.
We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:13 - Aug 24 with 420 viewsSomersetHoops

We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 16:59 - Aug 24 by Northernr

Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money.
Same with footballers.

We managed to attract players just fine all summer despite last season's train wreck and near miss.

I agree, but it was on the expectation that we were improving things by bringing in quality players. Results so far don't bear that out and if we lose this weekend it will look even worse. Norwich have a new manager who does not want to start with two losses, so we have two teams who can't afford to lose = draw.

I just think if we lose we will be paying even more over the odds to get anyone decent in and a draw against Norwich won't make it look that much better.

Who's Next?

We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:14 - Aug 24 with 418 viewsNorthernr

We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:13 - Aug 24 by SomersetHoops

I agree, but it was on the expectation that we were improving things by bringing in quality players. Results so far don't bear that out and if we lose this weekend it will look even worse. Norwich have a new manager who does not want to start with two losses, so we have two teams who can't afford to lose = draw.

I just think if we lose we will be paying even more over the odds to get anyone decent in and a draw against Norwich won't make it look that much better.

"Results so far..."

should be

"Result." There's only been one. If we'd lost our first five matches (we might do that) you'd have a point but I'm not sure you do at the moment.
We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:22 - Aug 24 with 395 viewsSomersetHoops

We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:12 - Aug 24 by Northernr

The issue with Dawson is he's highly rated, good age, good player. Why would he rush to sign for anybody now when he knows that as the deadline comes closer and desperation increases bidding wars and silly offers start to happen? He gains little by moving to QPR now, might gain an extra £10k a week at QPR or a better club if he waits until next Friday.

Would you like to re-phrase that? Despite all my moaning there isn't a better club than QPR. Other clubs might be higher up the league and they might have won things, but through my blue and white tinted specs we are still the best - and we are getting even better. Now we just need to convince Messi of that so he'll come and play for us for nothing :-)

Who's Next?

We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:24 - Aug 24 with 383 viewskropotkin41

We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:14 - Aug 24 by Northernr

"Results so far..."

should be

"Result." There's only been one. If we'd lost our first five matches (we might do that) you'd have a point but I'm not sure you do at the moment.

Not really a possibility I concentrated too much on, but yes we could easily lose our first five games. That WHU game at the start of October might be first points on the board time....... :(

Clearly I hope it doesn't turn out like this and, btw, I don't think it makes much of a difference at all in this transfer window.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:26 - Aug 24 with 374 viewsNorthernr

We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:22 - Aug 24 by SomersetHoops

Would you like to re-phrase that? Despite all my moaning there isn't a better club than QPR. Other clubs might be higher up the league and they might have won things, but through my blue and white tinted specs we are still the best - and we are getting even better. Now we just need to convince Messi of that so he'll come and play for us for nothing :-)

Ah yes, better from his POV, clearly not from ours
We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:29 - Aug 24 with 360 viewsSomersetHoops

We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:14 - Aug 24 by Northernr

"Results so far..."

should be

OK - but there are only two results before the window closes and so far half of them have been diabolical - I'm really trying to say we need a win on Saturday, but I guess we all know that. It will be interesting to see how the team shapes up and whether we go for it, or keep ten men behind the ball with a poor lost soul up top.

Who's Next?

We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:46 - Aug 24 with 322 viewsessextaxiboy

The panic on this board has been like the maid in Tom &Jerry standing on the chair while Jerry runs about . Its just 1 game for gawds sake.
We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 18:20 - Aug 24 with 275 viewskysersosaqpr

We have to accept our result last week reduced our attractiveness to possible signings. on 17:46 - Aug 24 by essextaxiboy

The panic on this board has been like the maid in Tom &Jerry standing on the chair while Jerry runs about . Its just 1 game for gawds sake.

Yep, and after Norwich we have man city, the scum, and spurs - and I think that will help. Our team seem to perform better against quality opposition (well apart from the scum away last season).

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024