Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet Another New Manager Thread 08:14 - Nov 23 with 449 viewsexiled_dictator

Sounds like a cunning plan to me.
They could work for unlimited supply of alcopop & chocolate bars.
Now, all we need is someone who is really good at computer games.
Given the state of the World's teenagers, I think there should be one or two good ones out there.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/918759-baku-fc-name-21-year-old-as-manager

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Yet Another New Manager Thread on 08:28 - Nov 23 with 432 viewssilky

That's insane.............

One day they will have robots playing the beautiful game.....
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Yet Another New Manager Thread on 08:32 - Nov 23 with 424 viewsexiled_dictator

Yet Another New Manager Thread on 08:28 - Nov 23 by silky

Mate, EVERYTHING concerning our current situation with Mark Hughes, Harry Redknapp and the managerial position is insane.
How could it possibly get any more insane?
At least the kid probably has a good win %.

Yet Another New Manager Thread on 08:36 - Nov 23 with 418 viewssilky

Yet Another New Manager Thread on 08:32 - Nov 23 by exiled_dictator

Mate, EVERYTHING concerning our current situation with Mark Hughes, Harry Redknapp and the managerial position is insane.
How could it possibly get any more insane?
At least the kid probably has a good win %.

Yeah he would stand more of a chance than MH, in a weird way this could be the start of things to come....? New managers based on how they play Premier Manager? Madness.....

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Yet Another New Manager Thread on 08:43 - Nov 23 with 402 viewsexiled_dictator

Yet Another New Manager Thread on 08:36 - Nov 23 by silky

Yeah he would stand more of a chance than MH, in a weird way this could be the start of things to come....? New managers based on how they play Premier Manager? Madness.....

You could argue that AVB is one of the firat of a new generation of managers who never played, but studied football with statistics, surrounding themselves around others (Bobby Robson, Jose Mourinho), and learning from them.
They have 'learned' their trade but have never experienced it.
Looking at top managers, Fergy, Wenger, Mourinho amongst others had a fairly unmemorable playing career, but have excelled at management. So maybe the argument is that if you are a goof player, you are a $hit manager?
(See what I did there? I linked 2 different threads together).

Yet Another New Manager Thread on 09:36 - Nov 23 with 337 viewssilky

Yet Another New Manager Thread on 08:43 - Nov 23 by exiled_dictator

You could argue that AVB is one of the firat of a new generation of managers who never played, but studied football with statistics, surrounding themselves around others (Bobby Robson, Jose Mourinho), and learning from them.
Looking at top managers, Fergy, Wenger, Mourinho amongst others had a fairly unmemorable playing career, but have excelled at management. So maybe the argument is that if you are a goof player, you are a $hit manager?

Take a bow son, take a bow..

Yet Another New Manager Thread on 09:52 - Nov 23 with 308 viewsTW_R

Yet Another New Manager Thread on 08:28 - Nov 23 by silky

Not so insane maybe?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/15/sports/autoracing/15iht-srplaystation15.html?p
Yet Another New Manager Thread on 09:55 - Nov 23 with 304 viewsTheBlob

How would you learn man management skills sitting in a dingy bedroom alternately playing donkey kong and playing with your dong?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Yet Another New Manager Thread on 13:15 - Nov 23 with 269 viewsTacticalR

Yet Another New Manager Thread on 08:43 - Nov 23 by exiled_dictator

Just because you haven't played doesn't mean you are a bad manager, and just because you have played doesn't mean you are a good manager. A particular danger is managers like Hughes who have only played for big clubs, have not worked their way up from a lower level, and instead have been parachuted in at the top level.

In your list there are different cases. Ferguson and Wenger played professionally, Mourinho and AVB didn't.

One point you made that I hadn't really thought about was that Mourinho, while he didn't play professionally, was still mentored by someone who had played professionally (Bobby Robson). Robson also helped give AVB his start in football.

AVB is the technocrat of football. The strength of AVB is his understanding of the opposition (the players at Chelsea called him 'DVD' because he always had a DVD of the opposition under his arm). He began in football doing scouting on Porto's opposition. His weakness has been his abrasive style and lack of human skills.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Yet Another New Manager Thread on 13:18 - Nov 23 with 258 viewsQPunkR

Yet Another New Manager Thread on 09:36 - Nov 23 by silky

Take a bow son, take a bow..

Didn't that used to be pronounced 'tik a boo'??

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024