Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlsberg January 10:01 - Jan 16 with 1694 viewskingo

If all the transfer gossip is to be believed then AJ is going to Sunderland, SWP to Fulham/Stoke, Hoilett is part of a deal for Rhodes. Plus we have had an offer accepted for Ntep and Maiga is training with us. Only needs someone to come in with a bid for the 'Golden Gloves' keeper and it would be a Carlsberg January.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Carlsberg January on 10:24 - Jan 16 with 1624 viewsToast_R

I can't see Hoillett agreeing to go to Blackburn.

Are they going to match or better his wages at QPR? Unlikely.

What over seas player in their right mind with a decent contract at a London Club, would want to go and play in the Championship up in Blackburn?
Carlsberg January on 11:01 - Jan 16 with 1547 viewskingo

Carlsberg January on 10:24 - Jan 16 by Toast_R

I can't see Hoillett agreeing to go to Blackburn.

Are they going to match or better his wages at QPR? Unlikely.

What over seas player in their right mind with a decent contract at a London Club, would want to go and play in the Championship up in Blackburn?

I don't for one minute expect all of these to materialise, the only one that looks to have any real possibility is Maiga. However, it would be great if they did all come off, i might even buy a pint of Carlsberg.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Carlsberg January on 11:14 - Jan 16 with 1508 viewsTacticalR

Who on earth would buy AJ? Realistically the only organisation that would go in for AJ would be a teaching hospital to allow medical students to study his range of injuries.

Air hostess clique

Carlsberg January on 11:16 - Jan 16 with 1497 viewsQPR_John

Carlsberg January on 11:14 - Jan 16 by TacticalR

Who on earth would buy AJ? Realistically the only organisation that would go in for AJ would be a teaching hospital to allow medical students to study his range of injuries.

Crystal Palace were going to buy him
Carlsberg January on 11:17 - Jan 16 with 1495 viewsMaggsinho

Well, Palace were keen in the last window.
Carlsberg January on 11:47 - Jan 16 with 1440 viewsTacticalR

Carlsberg January on 11:16 - Jan 16 by QPR_John

Crystal Palace were going to buy him

Yes, on a three-year contract. I can't for the life of me understand why the deal didn't happen.

Air hostess clique

Carlsberg January on 12:31 - Jan 16 with 1369 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm sure i heard Maiga described as the worst striker in the premier league by a journo on the Guardian Football podcast a few weeks ago - can't say i've ever been too impressed either!
Carlsberg January on 13:08 - Jan 16 with 1297 viewsCiderwithRsie

Carlsberg January on 11:01 - Jan 16 by kingo

I don't for one minute expect all of these to materialise, the only one that looks to have any real possibility is Maiga. However, it would be great if they did all come off, i might even buy a pint of Carlsberg.

If the only one that comes off is Maiga it'll be a bottle of meths January
Login to get fewer ads

Carlsberg January on 13:10 - Jan 16 with 1285 viewsShotKneesHoop

Who on earth would buy SWP? Apart from us.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Carlsberg January on 13:13 - Jan 16 with 1276 viewseghamranger

Maiga is back to west ham and we are not interested, courtesy of sky sports. Carsberg is now turning to shandy!
Carlsberg January on 13:29 - Jan 16 with 1245 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Carlsberg January on 11:17 - Jan 16 by Maggsinho

Well, Palace were keen in the last window.

With a diferent manager!
Carlsberg January on 13:33 - Jan 16 with 1220 viewssaxbend

I can't see anyone taking Hoilett off us - he's surely shaken by now the reputation and expectations he had when we got him. Plus he's not only injury prone, he's currently out injured. And even if we did find a buyer, apparently we had agreed terms with West Brom this time last year to swap him for Odemwingie (who was evidently well up for the move), but it didn't happen because Hoilett wanted to stay on the wages we're giving him instead. So unless he feels he's saved up enough by now that could still be a problem for anyone willing to give him a go.

But yes I'd be delighted to see him make room on the wage bill for a striker. I also think the same would be true of SWP - though I rate him more highly than Hoilett simply because he is capable of looking up and playing a simple pass when he's about to run into a dead end instead of losing the ball or taking an overly optmistic shot. Not sure we should get shot of both though, and SWP is probably easier to sell.
Carlsberg January on 13:41 - Jan 16 with 1190 viewsToast_R

Carlsbery is rubbish anyway... unless it's the Export variety.
Carlsberg January on 16:54 - Jan 16 with 1079 viewsMatch82

If you were to ask what kind of striker would be perfect for us during this window, I'd say we would be best off with someone exactly like AJ, except less liable to break down.

I'm perfectly fine with him sticking around, he's been pretty good for us, just not always available. Same with Junior.

But would be great to get Cesar and SWP off the wage bill (for the latter we would have the added bonus of not having to hear about it from certain posters every other thread)
Carlsberg January on 17:16 - Jan 16 with 1033 viewsTacticalR

Carlsberg January on 13:10 - Jan 16 by ShotKneesHoop

Who on earth would buy SWP? Apart from us.

You're not allowed to buy your own players.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024