Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 15:24 - Jan 25 with 4954 viewswimborne_dale

01 Lillis
03 Bennett
16 Done
24 Allen
05 Eastham
22 O'Connell
07 Vincenti
25 Rose
11 Hogan
12 Lund
40 Henderson
[Post edited 25 Jan 2014 15:24]

Edgar Allan's Crow

Match Thread on 18:58 - Jan 25 with 1409 viewsTommoRAFC

Match Thread on 18:26 - Jan 25 by Swissdale

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of concentration being on the league, I can't fathom hilly planning that.

Can you please tell me any positive contribution Camps, Donnelly or cummins made to the game? Just one

Hard for any of them to make an impact while we resorted to hoofball tactics for the last ten minutes. Thought Camps did as much as he could, didn't shy away from the ball and put a few tackles in. Donnelly and Cummins just looked frustrated at the lack of quality service...

All in all a good performance by the lads today, just a shame we played into their hands after the sending off.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Match Thread on 19:18 - Jan 25 with 1309 viewspl56

Match Thread on 18:38 - Jan 25 by SuddenLad

Agree 100%.

Dale heads can be held very high after a creditable performance against a clearly superior opposition who will be glad to have got through the afternoon.

As you say, the future is looking rosy and the younger players on show today can be proud of their efforts and should be looking forward to more of the same.

I know I am !!

Me too !
Match Thread on 19:23 - Jan 25 with 1282 viewsrobbowood

Match Thread on 18:58 - Jan 25 by TommoRAFC

Hard for any of them to make an impact while we resorted to hoofball tactics for the last ten minutes. Thought Camps did as much as he could, didn't shy away from the ball and put a few tackles in. Donnelly and Cummins just looked frustrated at the lack of quality service...

All in all a good performance by the lads today, just a shame we played into their hands after the sending off.

All the Dale players gave of their best today. I am proud of every one of them (even if other people on this thread are already criticising some of them!!!)

O'Connell, considering he is so young, I thought was immense at the back

SWFC were miles better than Leeds in terms of pace, organisation and technique. That we matched them for long periods was a great effort

I was surprised when Vincenti was taken off as it seemed to disrupt our tactics and I was also surprised when Camps came on. However whatever Hilly thinks is right is ok with me and no doubt he took into account our game next Tuesday and the mass of league games still to be played

SWFC defended well when they went down to ten men and we just didn't have the midfield players with the ability to open up and get behind their defence

We've had a great FA Cup run and made some much needed money in the process.

So let's now concentrate on getting promotion !!!
Match Thread on 19:25 - Jan 25 with 1263 viewsSalwaDale

Sometimes people stagger me. Hill didn't get it wrong really, he tried things to help us beat a good Championship side. They didn't work. That doesn't mean he got them wrong. We've now seen him play Bunney, Allen and Camps against Championship opposition. That will have a big influence on their development.

Sometimes you just have to accept a defeat.

TBBT

Match Thread on 19:32 - Jan 25 with 1205 viewsisitme

Match Thread on 19:25 - Jan 25 by SalwaDale

Sometimes people stagger me. Hill didn't get it wrong really, he tried things to help us beat a good Championship side. They didn't work. That doesn't mean he got them wrong. We've now seen him play Bunney, Allen and Camps against Championship opposition. That will have a big influence on their development.

Sometimes you just have to accept a defeat.

We conceded two poor goals at set pieces which cost us the game. Done probably should have scored in the first half, but that is football.

Wednesday looked a better team than Leeds. I am surprised that no one has mentioned Rose's goal yet, which looked a cracker from the other end.
Match Thread on 19:37 - Jan 25 with 1172 viewsSalwaDale

About the goals. We played against a team two divisions above us whose main strength is probably set pieces. I don't really see them (the first especially) as poor goals, just that they have better players at that type of thing.

TBBT

Match Thread on 19:39 - Jan 25 with 1161 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread on 19:32 - Jan 25 by isitme

We conceded two poor goals at set pieces which cost us the game. Done probably should have scored in the first half, but that is football.

Wednesday looked a better team than Leeds. I am surprised that no one has mentioned Rose's goal yet, which looked a cracker from the other end.

Michael Rose's goal looked to be the equal of the one that Ronnie Radford got for non-league Hereford United against Newcastle in 1972. We've all seen it, because it gets shown every time the FA Cup is mentioned on the BBC.

From the moment Rose hit the ball, it was going into the back of the net and there was no possibility that the keeper was going to stop it.

Another fantastic Rose goal and without having seen any of the others scored today, I doubt if there was a better one scored anywhere.

Shame it wasn't a winner, because it was worthy of winning a game.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread on 19:40 - Jan 25 with 1154 viewsisitme

Match Thread on 19:37 - Jan 25 by SalwaDale

About the goals. We played against a team two divisions above us whose main strength is probably set pieces. I don't really see them (the first especially) as poor goals, just that they have better players at that type of thing.

Okay the first I could agree with but for the second there were chances to clear before their centre half scored.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 19:44 - Jan 25 with 1134 viewsSalwaDale

There were, but they were that bit stronger than us and we couldn't get round them to kick the ball away.

TBBT

Match Thread on 19:47 - Jan 25 with 1122 viewsArthurDaley

Match Thread on 19:32 - Jan 25 by isitme

For a team that doesn't do FA cup runs I thought we did pretty well in this years comp.
I was right behind Rose's goal, and what a cracker it was, isitme. Even from the Pearl Street.
Just a word about the linesman in the first half, on the main stand side, ever time Hogan went on a run up went the linesmans flag. When the Wednesday player did the same thing in the second half, leading up to the corner and goal, he kept his flag down.
I couldn't tell if he was right or wrong, but it seemed a bit dodgey to me

A large VAT Dave

Match Thread on 20:01 - Jan 25 with 1080 viewsSwissdale

There was no doubt about the officiating today, I don't think we were on the wrong end of a decision.

We were well beaten by a better team today, absolutely no shame in that. To lose to a championship team 1-2 a home is no embarrassment whatsoever.

For me, the only sour point is how poor we were when we had the numerical advantage. To become LESS threatening when you go 11 v 10 is bad tactics. Therefore I will go back to my original point, hilly got it wrong.
Match Thread on 20:04 - Jan 25 with 1060 views442Dale

Match Thread on 20:01 - Jan 25 by Swissdale

There was no doubt about the officiating today, I don't think we were on the wrong end of a decision.

We were well beaten by a better team today, absolutely no shame in that. To lose to a championship team 1-2 a home is no embarrassment whatsoever.

For me, the only sour point is how poor we were when we had the numerical advantage. To become LESS threatening when you go 11 v 10 is bad tactics. Therefore I will go back to my original point, hilly got it wrong.

The ref was infuriating with his lack of consistency when players were pulling people back. Lund did it and was correctly booked, they did it twice and got a talking to. Apart from that, he was fine

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread on 20:06 - Jan 25 with 1043 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread on 20:01 - Jan 25 by Swissdale

You could also say that Stuart Gray got it right. Wednesday defended their goal very well and kept us at arms length. They were well organised, stronger and effective. That's what they were there to do.

No negatives from today in relation to the performance. Sad to be out of the Cup but by no means disheartened or disillusioned.

We were beaten by a better team. That's football for you.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread on 20:14 - Jan 25 with 1004 viewsSwissdale

Match Thread on 20:06 - Jan 25 by SuddenLad

You could also say that Stuart Gray got it right. Wednesday defended their goal very well and kept us at arms length. They were well organised, stronger and effective. That's what they were there to do.

No negatives from today in relation to the performance. Sad to be out of the Cup but by no means disheartened or disillusioned.

We were beaten by a better team. That's football for you.

Agree 100%. Doesn't make my point null. Keith hill is doing an excellent job for us, and will (in my opinion) get us promoted this season. Every change he made today made us less threatening, I defy anyone to disprove that.
Match Thread on 20:33 - Jan 25 with 955 viewsisitme

Match Thread on 20:04 - Jan 25 by 442Dale

The ref was infuriating with his lack of consistency when players were pulling people back. Lund did it and was correctly booked, they did it twice and got a talking to. Apart from that, he was fine

I agree. Overall he had a good game. From the Pearl Street the foul on Henderson that led to the sending off looked a bit soft, was that the case?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024