Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vazquez - What is the point ? 16:23 - Jan 25 with 8436 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

I know this has been discussed time and time again but I said a couple of months ago he will never score a goal

I will stick by this statement

I just do not know what he contributes to the team
Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:23 - Jan 26 with 1407 viewsymaohyd

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 14:00 - Jan 26 by Dr_Winston

Not to mention that he'd be playing with better players (and under better management) in the first team than he does in the stiffs.

It may be the case that Donnelly isn't good enough. It probably will be, but we'll never know for sure unless he gets given a chance. We already do know that Vasquez is nowhere near up to the level we need, and carrying on with him will do nobody any good, least of all a player already struggling for confidence.

Spot on.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:28 - Jan 26 with 1376 viewsOdgaard

The point is simpel! We needed a third choice, we chose a young one, with potential. However he failed to impress.. shit happens. we find another one.. Not every signing can be like michu or Poz.. come on!

Please move on, i cant see the problems about this. Its just unlucky with all the injuries he have to be played..

Its just stupid to spend time slaughter him, without seeing it in a bigger picture.. come on... would you rather have a 3,5 mio £ odemwingie or Vasquez more or less free?

His contributes is to be a cheap BACKUP and a CHEAP backup with potential!
Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:30 - Jan 26 with 1365 viewsTokijo

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:28 - Jan 26 by Odgaard

The point is simpel! We needed a third choice, we chose a young one, with potential. However he failed to impress.. shit happens. we find another one.. Not every signing can be like michu or Poz.. come on!

Please move on, i cant see the problems about this. Its just unlucky with all the injuries he have to be played..

Its just stupid to spend time slaughter him, without seeing it in a bigger picture.. come on... would you rather have a 3,5 mio £ odemwingie or Vasquez more or less free?

For an U-21 Spanish international, one would expect more.!
Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:33 - Jan 26 with 1353 viewsTom1912

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:18 - Jan 26 by Tokijo

Donnely had his chance last August against Ploiesti away and did not take his chance.

I don't think we'll judge Donnelly on an away leg to a Romanian side in August, in a tie already won.
Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:42 - Jan 26 with 1331 viewsDr_Winston

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:28 - Jan 26 by Odgaard

We needed a second choice. Michu should have been our emergency striking option.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:53 - Jan 26 with 1296 viewsMorfa_Same

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:18 - Jan 26 by Tokijo

Donnely had his chance last August against Ploiesti away and did not take his chance.

Is it only the one chance he gets then? How many has Vasquez had?
Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:57 - Jan 26 with 1283 viewsOdgaard

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:30 - Jan 26 by Tokijo

For an U-21 Spanish international, one would expect more.!

Absolutely, but Cardiff spend 8 mio £ on Cornelius, and he have not contributed as well. And i think Norwich Wolfswinkel haven't been a success considered that he cost the same as bony..

Sometime a player just fall through, luckily we did not spend money on him. Se that as a good sign! Vasquez looked like a player with potential, like a pretty lady 2 AM. But the next morning you regret it without the makeup and the alcohol in blood :) Shit happens...move on.
Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:59 - Jan 26 with 1274 viewsOdgaard

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:42 - Jan 26 by Dr_Winston

We needed a second choice. Michu should have been our emergency striking option.

I dont agree, i always saw Michu as the second striker in Laudrups mind.
Login to get fewer ads

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 18:00 - Jan 26 with 1264 viewsTokijo

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:53 - Jan 26 by Morfa_Same

Is it only the one chance he gets then? How many has Vasquez had?

Yes agree. One would think Donnelly would get another chance. He has featured on the bench a few time recently
Vazquez - What is the point ? on 18:03 - Jan 26 with 1252 viewsDr_Winston

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:59 - Jan 26 by Odgaard

I dont agree, i always saw Michu as the second striker in Laudrups mind.

Precisely the problem.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 18:38 - Jan 26 with 1203 viewsScoobyWho

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:15 - Jan 25 by Odgaard

On the positiv site, he was CHEAP and we dont have to worry about him after the summer.. He was only signed as number 3 attacker..

Ngog is not the solution... Just a old fart, who have done nothing is his career..

He was cheap ? He isnt worth anything, a worthless player who depletes us by one player every time he plays. Bloody hopeless.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 18:50 - Jan 26 with 1188 viewsSTEVE1

It is a lack of ability to a point but the effort he puts in is zero I can think of Players in the senior league who would put 10 times the amount of effort in and work the defenders.
Vazquez - What is the point ? on 18:50 - Jan 26 with 1188 viewswaynekerr55

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 18:03 - Jan 26 by Dr_Winston

Precisely the problem.

Seconded

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Vazquez - What is the point ? (n/t) on 01:02 - Jan 27 with 1118 views2face

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:42 - Jan 26 by Dr_Winston

[Post edited 27 Jan 2014 1:04]
Vazquez - What is the point ? on 01:33 - Jan 27 with 1096 viewsDull1Thomas

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:33 - Jan 26 by Tom1912

I don't think we'll judge Donnelly on an away leg to a Romanian side in August, in a tie already won.

I might agree but he had space and players wanting to bring him in and he showed he wasn't up to the task. He may be in future but as I've typed earlier- exposing him to the Premier League at this point point could ruin him.
If he played at home like he did v Petrolul the booing he'd get of our fans would be humiliating.
I, as a fan, want Donnelly to come good but there has been very little evidence to suggests the time is right for him. That he may not be as poor as Vazquez isn't justification for giving him a go.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 03:41 - Jan 27 with 1079 viewsCatullus

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 17:48 - Jan 25 by Dr_Winston

We're obviously looking at Ngog because he's cheap and has a better track record than Vasquez. That we seem to be struggling to find others who meet both those criteria is a pretty damning indictment of our scouts.

Or maybe there are teams looking for strikers who are willing to spend more than us combined with clubs not wanting to sell any decent strikers or strikers currently doing well?
January isn't a good month for recruitment unless you are willing to overspend.
I mean, we could go for Jordan Rhodes but his asking price right now is probably 50% higher than it will be come the summer.
Just my opinion, probably wrong.

PS, I don't really think our scouting system is excellent, but we are where we are right now. I don't want to bring Ki up again, but it seems to me that bad decisions are being made by more than one person, including me posting on here again!!!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 05:03 - Jan 27 with 1067 views_Kieran

We have to be able to do better than this m1nge. Give me a Kevin Phillips or even Kevin Davies of Preston anyday.

If Wiilfried gets injured we're f*cked we can't rely on Michu returning to peak fitness *Fingers crossed*, he's not exactly a world beater up front anyway...

Alongside another winger (or 2) I see a striker as being a priority position (to sign).

We could also do with a versatile fullback if ML will never use NEIL TAYLOR and a central midfielder on loan.

If we don't sign a striker and Wilf gets crocked and Michu is out or not fit we'll be forced into putting Nathan Dyer or Routs up there, we haven't got 6 weeks to wait around.

We have cover in every other position other than upfront and maybe fullback (And winger which we're geting sorted) ... and our best 1 IMHO sits on the bench, based on Rangel's form this season anyway.

[Post edited 27 Jan 2014 5:52]

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 09:58 - Jan 27 with 991 viewsCatullus

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 05:03 - Jan 27 by _Kieran

We have to be able to do better than this m1nge. Give me a Kevin Phillips or even Kevin Davies of Preston anyday.

If Wiilfried gets injured we're f*cked we can't rely on Michu returning to peak fitness *Fingers crossed*, he's not exactly a world beater up front anyway...

Alongside another winger (or 2) I see a striker as being a priority position (to sign).

We could also do with a versatile fullback if ML will never use NEIL TAYLOR and a central midfielder on loan.

If we don't sign a striker and Wilf gets crocked and Michu is out or not fit we'll be forced into putting Nathan Dyer or Routs up there, we haven't got 6 weeks to wait around.

We have cover in every other position other than upfront and maybe fullback (And winger which we're geting sorted) ... and our best 1 IMHO sits on the bench, based on Rangel's form this season anyway.

[Post edited 27 Jan 2014 5:52]

And I do wonder why Taylor hasn't been used at right back, he's shown he can play there. And I personally would prefer him to Tiendalli.
Vazquez has had a load of chances, I agree Donnelly deserves another go too. If we should be winning comfortably or losing badly, give him the last 15 a few times. He can't do worse than Vazquez after all!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Vazquez - What is the point ? on 10:03 - Jan 27 with 978 viewsBackHeel

it is odd how a spaniush U21 international, that was leading scorer at the U20 world cup (I think, might have been Euro's), looks so bad....hence the numerous chances I suppose
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024